Tesla in Thaiand

Nepal4me

18 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

Anyone can share insurance details for a model Y ?

is Telsa selling insurance with the car ? 

I was discussing with a friend who has ordered the tesla and he commented that the insurance is about 80,000 baht per year.

Someone will have better first hand knowledge - but that 80k is the figure I’m aware of. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Waldmeister said:

Does anyone know what the current wait time for a Tesla model 3 or model Y in Thailand is?

i went to the tesla showroom in bangkok four weeks ago. according to an employee, delivery time for models Y and 3 is approximately 6 months.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

i went to the tesla showroom in bangkok four weeks ago. according to an employee, delivery time for models Y and 3 is approximately 6 months.

Probably be the 2024 model if we order I think . Would not qualify for federal tax credit .:)

I worry about those that have ordered Tesla in Thailand, the rest of the world has had 2 significant price reductions but not here, not yet anyway, though I'm sure it will happen after they've delivered the initial rush of orders.

I know of someone who bought a Model X import last year and he's desperately trying to sell it before he gets burned when Tesla start selling them.  Those who bought imported model 3's are cursing their decisions as they have been burned already.

The time to order a Tesla will come, but it's most definitely not now, not unless they will give you "price protection" as an IT guy, Elon will understand that only too well., it's common in the IT world.

Edited by JBChiangRai
  • Like 2

There was a you tuber in Australia who ordered a Tesla and his price was adjusted by Tesla company due to their recent price cuts . Perhaps that will occur also in Thailand .

of course , for imports you will lose the premium you paid for the grey car import .

does anyone know about the model y floor mats whether if it is included? I have seen many advertisement for mat accessory but when I read the Tesla fine print, it said the floor  mats were included . 

5 minutes ago, Alotoftravel said:

There was a you tuber in Australia who ordered a Tesla and his price was adjusted by Tesla company due to their recent price cuts . Perhaps that will occur also in Thailand .

I think it's wise for anyone ordering a Tesla to insist on 12 month's price protection from point of delivery.  If the price goes down within 12 months, you get a refund of the same amount.  I doubt Tesla would accept that.

In China previous customers mobbed the showrooms when the price went down, they got nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alotoftravel said:

does anyone know about the model y floor mats whether if it is included? I have seen many advertisement for mat accessory but when I read the Tesla fine print, it said the floor  mats were included . 

as far as i know, no extras at all ... 

Edited by motdaeng

More price cut possibly to follow.

Gross margin was 19%.

Net income $2.9B

These numbers are down compared to previous quarters but still miles above any legacy automaker.

Elon's plan is to move as many cars as possible even at low margin and make money on software sales in future. 

Energy increasing significantly as Megafactory continues to ramp.

Wall Street hates thesr results and hates that Tesla will lower prices and margins but this is because they are short term oriented.  But as a long term investor it still looks good. 

$21B in cash reserves, very little debt.  Their free cash flow is more than enough to fund all the factory developments.

• Like 1

I think buying a Telsa from delivered in Bangkok while living in chiang mai has issues to be considered 

-warrarnty out of Telsa service center bkk if remote repairs cannot resolve 

- I called an insurance company today and they require me to send my car to bkk for repairs, their network repair claim shop only has Telsa in bkk.

hope chiang mai gets Telsa delivery service center soon 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I get the feeling that Tesla is trying to move as much stock out of the door as possible and at as low a price as possible to try and stay ahead of  BYD. More than that however, I feel they will try to shove a subscription based model down their customers throats. 

Personally, I won’t touch a Tesla with a 10 foot pole, all the more since they won’t even include floor mats. A deal breaker IMO.

The only interaction I will ever have with anything Tesla related is if they’re superchargers will charge/cost less than PEA/PTT per kWh.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I get the feeling that Tesla is trying to move as much stock out of the door as possible and at as low a price as possible to try and stay ahead of  BYD. More than that however, I feel they will try to shove a subscription based model down their customers throats. 

Elon is on record about the latest price cuts/reduction in margin saying that the future is a subscription based model.  My concern with him heading up anything is the lack of oversight.  He had a spat with the supplier of LIDAR and responded on emotion and threw his toys out the pram and said they would go vision based.  I think not using LIDAR is a blind alley.  I predict a worldwide cascade of legislation banning any self-driving tech based on vision only. If that happens Tesla’s customer base will turn against them.

• Like 1

JBChiangRai,

Do you think it's possible that Elon is waaaaay smarter than you and thought this thru?

I dont mean that as an insult at all, I just wonder why lay people can take a single instance i.e. the lidar thing and think they understand the environment better than Elon does.

5 hours ago, Nepal4me said:

JBChiangRai,

Do you think it's possible that Elon is waaaaay smarter than you and thought this thru?

I dont mean that as an insult at all, I just wonder why lay people can take a single instance i.e. the lidar thing and think they understand the environment better than Elon does.

I do think he's a lot smarter than most people on the planet, myself included.  I also know he sometimes makes decisions on emotion instead of logic (eg firing people at Twitter who asked him awkward questions on a zoom call).  He canned his monopolistic LIDAR supplier over a failure to get them to reduce their price, he doesn't react well when people tell him "No".

He seems to be alone in thinking he can implement FSD using cameras, even his own team disagrees with him (if the leaks are anything to go by) as does every other car manufacturer I have read about, even Mercedes Benz have beat him to FSD on the highway in the USA, I suspect it's because they have LIDAR and theirs works.  Even Elon admits cameras don't work in rain or fog.  FSD is not a small issue, it's the future of Tesla and it could bring it down.

I accept it's possible he has a plan.  That could be why he's selling FSD for a one-off fee currently and not the subscription model he intends to in the future.  Let's see if he starts installing LIDAR, I expect legislation will force him to.

Well, the firing of Twitter people and the Lidar thing are internet speculation.

Mercedes only beat Tesla to L3 on a piece of paper. 

It only goes 40mph on the highway.

Needs to follow another car within 100 meters going at less than 40mph.

Doesnt work off the highway.

Cant take curves on the highway unless they are very gentle curves.

Doesnt work in bright sunshine.

Only works in geofenced areas.

Several more limitations.

FSDbeta can drive on any road at any speed, auto lane change, handle on and off ramps.... albeit with a very vigilent driver just in case.  Mercedes tech is not remotely close.

Elon has built a rocket company in 20 years that is 10 years ahead of any other.  I suspect he understands the need or lack thereof for Lidar.

According to Elon AI is coming and will handle "real" FSD.  I dont know but wouldnt bet against Elon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nepal4me said:

Well, the firing of Twitter people and the Lidar thing are internet speculation.

It's not internet speculation, a recording of the zoom call is doing the rounds.

In terms of betting against Elon, I'd take that bet.

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2023 at 10:52 AM, JBChiangRai said:

In terms of betting against Elon, I'd take that bet.

You'd be dumb to take that bet.  Look at the past 25 years and what he has done.  The guy has issues but engineering wise in multiple disciplines, nobody alive comes close to his accomplishments.

2 hours ago, Nepal4me said:

You'd be dumb to take that bet.  Look at the past 25 years and what he has done.  The guy has issues but engineering wise in multiple disciplines, nobody alive comes close to his accomplishments.

Impressive for someone how does not hold a engineering degree !!

9 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Impressive for someone how does not hold a engineering degree !!

An engineering degree doesnt really mean anything when you have studied physics and engineering for 30 years. 

Having a brain that can absorb all those technical disciplines is impressive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Elon Musk is undoubtably a brilliant engineer, like all humans, he can be driven illogically by emotion and make extremely poor decisions and Elon's increible engineering ability seems to be equally matched by his elevated stupidity.

He has singlehandedly destroyed Twitter, it's worth less than half of what it was when he bought it, Mark Zuckerberg is now building a competitor to Twitter, he sees the opportunity.

Musk has upset lots of Tesla owners and non-owners with his uncontrolled tweets and a heck of a lot of Tesla owners with his continuous spate of discounting the price, destroying his customers investments in their cars.

I have followed Elon Musk closely and remember why he ditched LIDAR and went Vision based FSD.  It wasn't because Vision was better, it was because he had a public spat with the owner of the LIDAR technology who refused to lower his price, at the time had a monopoly.  Musk made that very important decision on emotion and it is his emotional decisions which will bring him down.

I don't think Tesla will ever get approval for Vision based FSD and where they do it will be limited, it won't work in poor visibility (approx 40% of every 24 hour day), it won't work in fog, heavy rain, when the sun is low in the sky etc.  You would be better specifying a chocolate teapot with your Tesla than Vision based FSD.  LIDAR has none of these restrictions.

1 hour ago, Nepal4me said:

An engineering degree doesnt really mean anything when you have studied physics and engineering for 30 years. 

Having a brain that can absorb all those technical disciplines is impressive.

Equally impressive is how much dumb <deleted> he does too !!

• Haha 1