Watch out for the cocky Chavs...

bob smith

2 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Jocasta, where the <deleted> that name come from?????

There is a website called Quora. There is a very funny chap called Ian Lang who posts on it. He has a whole slew of imaginary characters he writes about, including Sebastian and Jocasta, a millennial couple from West London.

9 minutes ago, JayClay said:

A simple google search indicates the poster you quoted appears to be correct.

Anecdotal evidence of your particular dealings in the armed forces are not a substitute for the actual facts...

Care to share you sources?

Maybe you can also advise me of your definition of deprived areas and which areas of the UK you consider as deprived?

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Care to share you sources?

Maybe you can also advise me of your definition of deprived areas and which areas of the UK you consider as deprived?

A better answer is that different regiments recruit from different areas, as the attached explains.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/869629/Information_regarding_the_recruiting_areas_of_each_infantry_battalion___2019_09785_04_02.pdf

• Thanks 2

When I was in Army you could pretty much tell a soldier by the haircut, there was only really Skinheads who had the short hair, the only time we could grow a bit of hair was when we were deployed to NI, which I was on 2 occasions. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1