Watch out for the cocky Chavs...

bob smith

54 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

I am assuming this is British slang? "cockney chavs sat next to me."

I understand "cockney", from a part of London?,  but chavs had to look it up.

However the "The Magaluf scally. "has got me scratching my head? ????

Bob is obviously an insider. He knows all the differences between those people.

That is one of the pictures which comes up when I google cockney chavs

chavscum1.jpg

And this one for Magaluf scally

article-2181830-14395B90000005DC-789_634

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Bob is obviously an insider. He knows all the differences between those people.

That is one of the pictures which comes up when I google cockney chavs

chavscum1.jpg

And this one for Magaluf scally

article-2181830-14395B90000005DC-789_634

A Magaluf Scally is typical of Blue collar/ Factory/ Supermarket, generally low skilled and low paid workers that work all year to go get slaughtered for two weeks.

They misbehave in Benidorm or Magaluf, which are hot spots for young guys 18-30,  whose sole intention is to get drunk or drugged out of their mind, walk around generally annoying people, loud and obnoxious etc and just not good people to be around.

Edited by Scouse123

32 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

A Magaluf Scally is typical of Blue collar/ Factory/ Supermarket, generally low skilled and low paid workers that work all year to go get slaughtered for two weeks.

They misbehave in Benidorm or Magaluf, which are hot spots for young guys 18-30,  whose sole intention is to get drunk or drugged out of their mind, walk around generally annoying people, loud and obnoxious etc and just not good people to be around.

But wait- a 'scally' is a scouser, meaning no offence on your name of course.

Other than that I think the OP was being a bit liberal with his language in order express his utter abhorrence of these dreadful louts.

30 minutes ago, Slip said:

But wait- a 'scally' is a scouser, meaning no offence on your name of course.

Other than that I think the OP was being a bit liberal with his language in order express his utter abhorrence of these dreadful louts.

Scally is just a Scouse shortening of the word scallywag, defined as "a person, typically a child, who behaves badly but in an amusingly mischievous rather than harmful way; a rascal."

55 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Scally is just a Scouse shortening of the word scallywag, defined as "a person, typically a child, who behaves badly but in an amusingly mischievous rather than harmful way; a rascal."

Spot on fella,I'm from Liverpool our dog was called rascal.????

1 hour ago, mrfill said:

Thank you.  That perfectly explains why the rest of us refer to you jolly rascals as scallys.  It makes sense it is derived from scallywag, but interesting that the language use has defined the users in this case,

Edited by Slip
you not your

7 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

I hate to say this but the army training depot is now Pirbright, not far from Aldershot and Guildford. The days of Catterick Garrison for boot camp are long gone.

Infantry Training Centre is at Catterick Garrison.

Grunts are still the bulk of the Army I believe........

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, itsari said:

I suggest you must realise that London has been built by immigration over the years.

London was there and thriving way way before the immigrants came

Local people now pushed out to rhe suburbs with ridiculous property prices caused by absentee Middle Eastern and Far Eastern millionaires and billionaires forcing up property prices.

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

London was there and thriving way way before the immigrants came

Local people now pushed out to rhe suburbs with ridiculous property prices caused by absentee Middle Eastern and Far Eastern millionaires and billionaires forcing up property prices.

Immigrants began when the Normans arrived in 1066 . London has been made the new home for Germans , French , Spanish , Italians and dont forget the Jewish since that date . I think you are referring to colonial immigration from India , Pakistan and  Jamaica . All contributing to making London what it is today that began in the sixties when the UK needed workers iin the sixties . Oh yes , do not forget the Irish contribution as they say London was built by Irish labour .

53 minutes ago, itsari said:

Immigrants began when the Normans arrived in 1066 .

We are all Immigrants ...

Humans first evolved in Africa, and much of human evolution occurred on that continent. The fossils of early humans who lived between 6 and 2 million years ago come entirely from Africa. Most scientists currently recognize some 15 to 20 different species of early humans.

https://humanorigins.si.edu/education/introduction-human-evolution

move.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Immigrants began when the Normans arrived in 1066 . London has been made the new home for Germans , French , Spanish , Italians and dont forget the Jewish since that date . I think you are referring to colonial immigration from India , Pakistan and  Jamaica . All contributing to making London what it is today that began in the sixties when the UK needed workers iin the sixties . Oh yes , do not forget the Irish contribution as they say London was built by Irish labour .

Yeah, yeah,

Thanks for the history lesson going back 1200 years.

Let's not forget the Romans and their contribution or are they in the ' Italian group ' you mention?

Just now, Scouse123 said:

Yeah, yeah,

Let's not forget the Romans and their contribution or are they in the ' Italian group ' you mention?

Oh yes, the Romans were in Britain for 400 years. 

Thank you for your view on immigration in the UK that sadly reflects a lack of reality .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yeah, yeah,

Let's not forget the Romans

Abramovich or Polanski?

I wish that people would stop just calling out random first names.

Besides, what have the Romans ever done for us?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yeah, yeah,

Well the Northern guys were tough and kept the Roman's out. ????

London and the southern fairies has deserted them ever since. ????????

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1