Donald Trump, in 'Major Announcement,' Begins Selling $99 Digital Trading Cards

Scott

"The company that licensed Trump's image and likeness for the $99 NFT trading cards appears to be one founded in 2021 by former Trump advisor Nick Luna and current Trump lawyer John Marion," wrote Bensington on Twitter. "Its mailing address is the same as the Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-nfts-2658971249/

• Like 1

His possible primary rivals in any presidential nominee contests must be rolling on the floor laughing at this latest money making wheeze by the orange one.

A gift for any attack ads if they choose to run them…and they probably will.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I guess part of his perception is that if he out-does the parodies of him it somehow makes him the victor. 

Crystal ball prediction: "It was all a joke! I was kidding, didn't you see?"

I think it’s a response to being banished in the election by that other superhero ’Dark Brandon’.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, relixator said:

Trump knows what he’s doing, its those on the left that are the simpletons and unable to keep up.

The right are intelligent? IIRC, it's the Republican states who have the higher COVID death rates.

A $99 NFT is worth nothing, except to Trump. One has to buy a slew of them to get invited to a dinner with him catered by Maccas, assuming he honors that promise.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, relixator said:

Trump may have devised a way to circumvent the requirement that a campaign must identify all donors, which can be dangerous for Trump-supporters.

People got excited, trying to imagine whether Trump was going to expose the Deep State, sue someone important, or campaign to be speaker of the House (two seats away from the presidency).  There was universal shock when Trump announced that he was, in fact, announcing the availability of non-fungible tokens (NFTs), in the form of digital baseball cards showing him as a superhero:
Trump is crazy like a fox. He didn’t become 45 by being stupid.  He may be circumventing campaign laws, not because they're a problem for him, but because they're a problem for would-be donors.

By selling a product, Trump can get money without publicly revealing donors.  Even though there are limits on how NFTs can be created and marketed, selling them is still easier than trying to raise campaign funds by moving mugs, t-shirts, and bumper stickers.  Importantly, paying for an NFT is not a donation because the buyer is getting something of value in exchange for his money — namely, the NFT, an object with a price freely agreed upon between seller and buyer.

Trump knows what he’s doing, its those on the left that are the simpletons and unable to keep up.

As far as I understand it's not related to his campaign fund. It goes directly into his pocket. He has no obligation to fund any political activity with it, and probably won't.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, candide said:

As far as I understand it's not related to his campaign fund. It goes directly into his pocket. He has no obligation to fund any political activity with it, and probably won't.

I suspect he's done enough of this pocketing of political funds already in the past 9+ years that if anyone did a thorough job of investigating, AND ACTING ON IT, they could get him.

The usual "ooo, he can't do that!" chorus that doesn't go any further sickens me.

But looking to the bright side once his disgrace is acknowledged by the GOP they could really distance themselves from him by taking him to court for intercepting donor funds that they think should have come their way.

Edited by bendejo