Donald Trump, in 'Major Announcement,' Begins Selling $99 Digital Trading Cards

Scott

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

So you admit that this was a money-making scam meant to fleece his idiot supporters.  I'd tend to agree with you.

Actually, smart investors would have bought these up and sold the next day, easily doubling their money. I'm not so sure about the long term prospects given the history of NFT's.

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Do you believe this self proclaimed genius dreamed up this plan all by himself. Do you believe he even knew what an NFT was last month?

I don't think he cares, he's got money coming in.

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Do you believe this self proclaimed genius dreamed up this plan all by himself. Do you believe he even knew what an NFT was last month?

Certainly not judging by his mental capacity and previous examples, however what will be interesting is to see how his fervent supporters on AN will respond to this absolute joke, and the parody is that in all of his NFT cards, he portrays himself to be a muscular, even normal, human being or superman, when the truth is out there for all to see that he is an overweight, draft dodging slob.

Their reaction will depend upon how much Kool-Aid they have forced down their gullets, and how far down the rabbit hole they've been, notwithstanding how bright they are.

I don't suppose it occurs to them how stupid it makes him look, and just what he will do to scam his "followers" in order to get some money.

Both disgusting and disturbing IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Certainly not judging by his mental capacity and previous examples, however what will be interesting is to see how his fervent supporters on AN will respond to this absolute joke, and the parody is that in all of his NFT cards, he portrays himself to be a muscular, even normal, human being or superman, when the truth is out there for all to see that he is an overweight, draft dodging slob.

Their reaction will depend upon how much Kool-Aid they have forced down their gullets, and how far down the rabbit hole they've been, notwithstanding how bright they are.

I don't suppose it occurs to them how stupid it makes him look, and just what he will do to scam his "followers" in order to get some money.

Both disgusting and disturbing IMO.

As long as he doesn't use the money to support his run for president and I wholly believe he won't. He has plenty of other expenses to pay. I don't see an issue with him making money off this. It's just trite and the NFT's themselves are risible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Could be to fund him fleeing the country.

You wish!  Hey, no fair stealing my fantasy! :biggrin:

I'd like to see him in the same position Snowden was in when his passport was suddenly revoked.  I have a feeling his cheerleaders have been preparing a safe landing place for him in Hungary.  CPAC had one of their hate fests there a few months ago:  for those of us who have known them as the love it or leave it party this is a mental warp.

Supposedly Melania has been running an NFT business, no idea what she's been peddling.  Him reminding the world "I'm really rich" while running a $99 scam is a textbook example of gaslighting.

Yes, it seems everyone agrees that this whole episode was a shameless, embarrassing money grab by Trump.  But at least he was original.  Oh wait, it seems DeSantis already did the same thing months ago....

[His “big announcement” on Thursday that he is selling virtual trading cards of himself as a fantasy superhero was ridiculous enough—but it turns pathetic when compared to Gov. Ron DeSanits’ sale seven months ago of actual trading cards of himself as a bona fide college baseball star.]

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ron-desantis-paved-the-way-for-donald-trumps-nft-money-grab?ref=wrap

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Yes, it seems everyone agrees that this whole episode was a shameless, embarrassing money grab by Trump.  But at least he was original.  Oh wait, it seems DeSantis already did the same thing months ago....

[His “big announcement” on Thursday that he is selling virtual trading cards of himself as a fantasy superhero was ridiculous enough—but it turns pathetic when compared to Gov. Ron DeSanits’ sale seven months ago of actual trading cards of himself as a bona fide college baseball star.]

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ron-desantis-paved-the-way-for-donald-trumps-nft-money-grab?ref=wrap

Desantis cut from the same cloth as Trump. Both are narcissistic, egotistic and egoistic. . A dangerous right wing politician even more than Trump. He will be rejected by the general voters if he run in 2024. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Desantis cut from the same cloth as Trump. Both are narcissistic, egotistic and egoistic. . A dangerous right wing politician even more than Trump. He will be rejected by the general voters if he run in 2024. 

I don't know if he'll be rejected or not yet, but that's really the point. Nobody knows how DeSantis will actually play first in the primary IF he announces. There are so many historical stories like this of the heir apparent bombing once their candidacy moves from fantasy to reality. In other words, if there is someone to beat Trump for the nomination, it could easily be a number of other people. 

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

He just announced a new set of digital trading cards...  https://collecttrumpcards.com/

Trump launches new $99 NFT 'digital trading cards' showing him dancing, wearing superhero suit

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/08/27/donald-trump-nft-digital-trading-cards/74969573007/

Any cards of the grifter in prision garb.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

He just announced a new set of digital trading cards...  https://collecttrumpcards.com/

Trump launches new $99 NFT 'digital trading cards' showing him dancing, wearing superhero suit

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/08/27/donald-trump-nft-digital-trading-cards/74969573007/

OMG💁

Perhaps when you have collected a full set you will be able to buy a display frame to mount them in - a future decoration for a cell wall perhaps?

The whole  conduct of the Trump campaign is really quite bizarre! Harris announces plans to make home ownership more achievable for working people, and curbs on exploitative and excessive rents in urban areas, Trump announces a new range of digital cards featuring himself in Superman costume!

I understand that they may be going for the "weird vote", but really...

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1