How to become a villa manager

I would imagine it involves handling everything for regular a turnover of clients. Similar to a hotel, but even more.

Making sure the villa(s) is or are cleaned and prepared for new clients every couple of weeks. Including new laundry, and maybe organising a maid service or chef. Possibly airport pick up and drop off.

Also handling complaints, getting faults fixed, pools cleaned, gardens kept trim. Paying bills for absent owners. 

A lot probably depends on the standard of villa and clients.

If it an expensive super luxury, high end villa with high paying clients, you would probably have to act as a concierge as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I suspect you have partly answered your own questions. Here's why:

Is the villa manager expected to make policies / design changes e.g. to buildings and interiors and implement these policies/changes without reference or approvals of any other person/entity, or

Does a committee (e.g. owners commmittee), or does a property development company make all policies and the villa manager must operate/make all operating decisions/take all actions strictly within these laid down policies?

What can the villa manager approve in terms of spending money (funds which are the property of all owners or the development company):

--- Can spend up to 200Baht but must keep receipts. 

--- Can approve a request for funds up to 2,000Baht but request for funds must be fully documented and must be co-signed by an equivalent position from another department or co-signed (approved) by at least 2 other owners or 2 equivalent ranking positions within the development company. Must also be co-signed by the company accountant. Must keep receipts/must be audited within 5 days.

Note: In regard to the 2 scenarios just above funds cannot be spent/used for lunch for villa manager of staff, or gasoline for private vehicles of the villa manager/staff etc...

Some answers to the above will provide a much better and clearer understand of the responsibilities and the authorities of the position.

Without these why would anybody take the job?

Edited by scorecard

16 hours ago, Flosurat said:

Cause I heard this is rather done by farangs, but I don't have a clue what it is.

step one - get a clue... if you want to be a manager maybe you should have some experience working in the field first... start at the bottom and work your way up

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

I thought it was about football, where the Villa manager's enter/exit through a constantly turning revolving door.

Only because some numpty thought Stevie Wonder could make the leap from Scotland to the EPL.

UTV

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Flosurat said:

And what is rental / operation management about? Cause I heard this is rather done by farangs, but I don't have a clue what it is.

If you "don't have a clue what it is", they will not hire you – foreigners are supposed to be manager in charge of the local work-staff, so some level of knowledge and experience is normally required...????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, retayl said:

I would have thought your chances of getting a work permit for this are somewhere south of zero - but happy to be corrected.

Beat me to it. No idea why anyone thinks a Thai can't do that.

Also, does the OP speak excellent conversational Thai to manage staff?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

21 hours ago, Flosurat said:

They always look for people with experience, but you need to start somewhere.

"Start" as villa store manager ?!!!! ???? 

You never know. I've seen some clowns in high positions that I could not believe. I knew one who bought a MB coupe and sold his motorcycle, however did not take too long. Dust all over the MB in front of the house and he went to his new job by even cheaper motorcycle he used to own. 

"I've seen so many job listings for villa manager" "what qualifications do you need to become a villa manager?"

The job listings should give you some requirements for the job

"They always look for people with experience, but you need to start somewhere."

Nobody will give you the job if you don't have a clue what to do.

"And what is rental / operation management about?" 

Advertise rentals, make sure rentals are maintained, get paid for the rentals, find and pay good staff to maintain the rentals. Deal with complains from customers, deal with non paying customers, deal with government officials. Understand rental laws, ........