British woman breaks nearly every bone in face in Thailand

webfact

1 minute ago, novacova said:

There’s also a few resident foreigners that live here in cm I often see driving competitively and carelessly as well. It’s a real eyesore ????

I take it that was a young versus old remark....OK! Well, I agree that nobody should ride a motorbike competitively and carelessly in Thailand regardless of whether they are young or old. The one saving grace however is that at least if the old guys wipe out as a result, they at least have had 60+ years to enjoy their lives, unlike the 20 something year olds who will have fallen way too early, and that's truly a shame. 

On 12/19/2022 at 6:05 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Girls shouldn't get on the back of bikes with plonker farangs, riding too fast, dangerous riding, they are often showing off too which makes it worse

I’m not sure what a plonker is, but really, that silly showing off thing I see is not only stupid but it really looks goofy especially when it’s an older person. Why risk life just to be noticed 

26 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

I take it that was a young versus old remark....OK! Well, I agree that nobody should ride a motorbike competitively and carelessly in Thailand regardless of whether they are young or old. The one saving grace however is that at least if the old guys wipe out as a result, they at least have had 60+ years to enjoy their lives, unlike the 20 something year olds who will have fallen way too early, and that's truly a shame. 

Both young and old farts such as us. Young or old, there’s no valid excuse for putting other individuals wellbeing at risk. Though if someone wants to hop on bike alone and slam into a concrete wall, then have at it, I could care less ????

Riding on unfamiliar roads at nighttime the boyfriend has probably never ridden a scooter before,add in alcohol and sand on the corner plus inexperience.

Grab a handful of front disc midway around a wet and sandy corner,the bike will literally disappear from under you and faceplant you in the road as has happened here?

An experienced rider will go slower and never use the front disc mid corner,instead and only if strictly necessary using the back brake as that will be a controlled skid but generally no braking whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Dirty Munger said:

No insurance will cover you for riding a motorbike in Thailand,the risk is simply too great for any insurer.

Not correct.

In my own case, I am insured with Southern Cross Medical Insurance - Optional: Moped and motorbike cover - up to 200cc (which fits nicely with Thailand)

My extra premium was NZ $20 (less than 500 baht) on top of the standard policy.

To get this optional cover, you must: • choose the moped or motorbike option when you apply for cover • pay the extra premium.

You will know you have cover as it will be written on your Certificate of Insurance

We only cover your claims for riding a moped or motorbike if you meet the conditions below.

Ride the moped or motorbike safely and legally

While riding a moped or motorbike, you must always do all the following. • Wear a helmet, even if the local laws do not require you to do so • Stay within the law – including following all driving laws, such as speed limits and blood alcohol limits • Make sure the driver has the right driver’s licence for the class of moped or motorbike you’re riding, as required by: – their country of permanent residence – the country you are in

• Like 1