Spare Keys.

NoshowJones

1 hour ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Depends on if the Forza key has a transponder in it or not.

If no transponder you can go to any key cutting shop, if it should have a transponder you need to go to Honda.

What is a transponder? Is it something to do with the original keys? I may be wrong but in the 7 years I have had the bike, I don't remember having to get another key.

2 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

What is a transponder? Is it something to do with the original keys? I may be wrong but in the 7 years I have had the bike, I don't remember having to get another key.

https://keywaylock.com/transponder-key/

It's a small chip inside the plastic part of the key

Small bikes usually don't have them, newer big bikes usually have them, a Forza is somewhere in the middle, price wise, so no idea if it might have one or not.

But key cutting shops should know if the key has a transponder or not.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Small bikes usually don't have them, newer big bikes usually have them, a Forza is somewhere in the middle, price wise, so no idea if it might have one or not.

I have just noticed, my key has the Honda name and P072 printed on it.

If you have an old model Forza 300 2013-2017, that has a key with 4 magnets at the back to close the sliding latch on the key hole, a good key cutter has the uncut key with the magnets and can find the arrangements for them and cut the key as well, need to take the bike to him...

I paid 150 baht a few years back and had a copy....

With that key code can also order from Honda - no need to have another key or bike for that, so best to write that down for the future....

On 12/24/2022 at 1:20 PM, FriendlyFarang said:

Very informative, thank you. We recently lost the only key to a Honda Scoopy (several years old). A mobile locksmith didn't even need to break/change the lock(s). He made a couple of keys for 600 baht.

• Like 1