Royal Thai Police orders officers to stop revealing nationality information of foreigners arrested to the media

webfact

My heart swelled to see a photo of a Thai policeman.  Just back from two nights in Bangkok; a round trip of 288 kms.  I walked Suk soi 15/17/19/20 inhaling the fresh fragrance of carbon monoxide subtly combined with that of cannabis.  Now back home in Pattaya.  I never saw ONE cop.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

I don't think that's the angle at all. It's a sensible measure to prevent automatic bias by locals and others, based solely on nationality, I think it's a good thing.

Yep, sounds like good move - it will just reinforce to the Thai's that all foreigners are criminals. 

How are arrests to be reported now, xx number of non - Thai's were arrested in xxxxxx for zzzzzz.? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Except that there were no authorities involved and no crime committed. Just a truck full of rednecks doing the wrong thing. My point had to do with proper and descriptive information regarding the description of someone who committed a crime.

Not to belabor the point but I only just read this/understood what you wrote. A crime was committed in the link I posted, they killed the black whilst he was jogging because he was black, in a white neighborhood and because he was running, they shot him dead. 

9 hours ago, wombat said:

A farang is a farang is a farang.

Remember the sign in that Soi Soweto bar????  "We do not serve Africa Man" 

A man of unknown nationality a Mr. Ramjam Full reputedly had his gold chain stolen on Beach Road in Pattaya.

(EDIT:) Added after Nigelforbes reacted 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Thumbs Up 2

If Xi were so concerned about the image of China, perhaps he could stop organ harvesting of prisoners, close the ethnic cleansing concentration camps, stop infringing of the sovereign rights of neighbors in the South China Sea, grant his people more freedoms, and relax the heinous import restrictions. That might help more than leaning on Thailand to stop reporting about his triad operations.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Dexxter said:

I wonder when they will actually start. LOL

Thai police and foreign names.jpg

I think it will be like the re-enactments that police were supposedly ordered to stop doing with great fanfare but continued without a pause.

Reporters have to pay the police for access to film arrested criminals and crime scene articles.  A favorite photo is a picture of an arrested foreigners passport.  I can't see them stopping that, even if China is making a fuss. 

Anyway the big triad cheese "Tuhao", married to a Thai police colonel, is Thai and, according to Chinese law, should have given up his Chinese nationality when he got Thai nationality, or had it revoked when the Thai Interior Ministry wrote to the Chinese embassy to advise them he had got Thai nationality, as they do.  So reports should just emphasise that he is Thai, until such a time as he is convicted and a court orders the revocation of his Thai nationality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

Not to belabor the point but I only just read this/understood what you wrote. A crime was committed in the link I posted, they killed the black whilst he was jogging because he was black, in a white neighborhood and because he was running, they shot him dead. 

I was saying that the black kid committed no crime. He was shown on video entering a new home that was under construction and the rednecks assumed he was checking the place out to later come back and loot. Instead of calling the police (even tho he had committed no crime) they decided to take matters into their own hands. What would you do if a pickup truck with three people in it with one carrying a rifle was coming down the street after you? I'd run. Just like the black kid did. He didn't deserve any of that. Like I said, rednecks are a different breed. Can be found everywhere but primarily in the South.

At any rate, there was a trial, and the 3 rednecks will be spending the rest of their lives in prison. Personally, I think the death sentence would have been better but at least they'll never be able to harm another innocent human being no matter what color the skin.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1