Female Thai Student Attacked On San Francisco Bus

webfact

2 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

How can people stay in business? financially and emotionally? how can the city survive? 

Unfortunately many can't and basic things like supermarkets and of course electronic stores are becoming absent in many inner cities. Just before I left Boston to come here in November several drug stores  like Walgreens were moving out of some neighborhoods as well. In New York City a theft under $1000 is a misdemeanor at $1000+ it's a felony.  

Edited by alex8912
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

Unfortunately many can't and basic things like supermarkets and of course electronic stores are becoming absent in many inner cities. Just before I left Boston to come here in November several drug stores  like Walgreens were moving out of some neighborhoods as well. In New York City a theft under $1000 is a misdemeanor at $1000+ it's a felony.  

Is there a connection between  stores being looted regularly , where mobs steam in and take all the stock and those stores closing down ?

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Is there a connection between  stores being looted regularly , where mobs steam in and take all the stock and those stores closing down ?

I think for many stores that situation is not that common but happens. Without doubt many stores have just had it with daily shoplifting of often hundreds of dollars of merchandise and even if the police catch them there is no bail and no time served. I mean that situation happens so much and would rarely hit the news until the stores actually do close. My nephew is a cop in Boston and I know several other officers there. It's the truth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Ha ha. I thought you were being sarcastic at first and referring to Pittsburg PA. I googled Pittsburgh CA now.  

Having spent time also in the PA one it is indelibly marked in my brain.....if anyone mentions Pasadena I also think of the wrong place as I worker there, not the one in Ca, but the one in Houston Tx. 

(PS... you messed up the H's)

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Fair question. 

When I lived there there were tensions in the Mission between the majority Latinos and gay people who were mostly white and correctly seen as gentrifying. I know it's changed where there are more rich tech people, more whites, and more Asians 

I could be wrong but my understanding is that the homeless masses are mostly downtown  Market Street, Tenderloin etc.

Your are mistaken if you know,  they are moving upper market to Valencia St. ( gentrification  )  Below Valencia leading down 16th to the Mission Bart system there are encampments and tents everywhere. Underneath the freeway overpass, massively under Division St. 16th all heading down Folsom,  Bryant,  to the sports stadiums. There is a large population in the North Beach even encampment that sleep underneath Telegraph Hill. 

Go to the end of Height where Golden Gate Park starts. 

As noted 1 billion and the problem is growing!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure why this even made the news.

People get randomly attacked all over the world. God knows I was beaten up in Khon Kaen by a group of drunken Thai's just cos I was walking with my wife.

My wife has never experienced any anti asian bigotry, and we live in a 99% white all guns and God State.

So this just looks like a typical random event of living in the big city

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Your are mistaken if you know,  they are moving upper market to Valencia St. ( gentrification  )  Below Valencia leading down 16th to the Mission Bart system there are encampments and tents everywhere. Underneath the freeway overpass, massively under Division St. 16th all heading down Folsom,  Bryant,  to the sports stadiums. There is a large population in the North Beach even encampment that sleep underneath Telegraph Hill. 

Go to the end of Height where Golden Gate Park starts. 

As noted 1 billion and the problem is growing!

Thanks for the geography.

But one billion what?

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Thanks for the geography.

But one billion what?

One billion S.F. Tax payer money is spent now for the homeless just a few years ago it was 250 million and they brought in some homeless czar to address the problem? 

Instead it's growing daily,  just two years ago these nuts running the City opened a million dollar facility for addicts to shoot up in a safe environment it recent shut it doors do to a lack of participants.

I'm all for helping people and have done so by voting for programs but today there seems to be more programs than homeless?  The only people who seem to benefit are those employed by these social programs.

Don't mean to make S.F. sound like hell, given the opportunity although one of the most expensive Cities in the World I would move back in a heart beat. They say as one gets older you become more conservative certainly that is the case for me and I use to be told I'm very liberal.  S.F. is like most cities better than most due to it size homelessness is usually center around where services are provided and it's weather has also much to do with it. City hall the financial district, Chinatown, North Beach much warmer weather. You won't find a lot of homeless in the Richmond or Sunset where the Ocean is located and 10-15 degree cooler than the norm which is 60,  as soon as you cross Sunset Blvd.

As far as I'm concern S.F. public transportation is great especially if you are a resident they give out senior cards for low income which I borrow from a family member every ride is free everywhere. The buses are majority electric they have special lanes for buses some routes like the 19 Polk are entertaining if you aren't in a hurry it runs from Fisherman Wharf to City Hall through Skid Roll so the homeless who sleep near the Wharf ride the route to City Hall to get their services daily. Every  stop is near 5 minutes you need to wait for the homeless to bring on all their belonging plus then wait for the handicap lift to go down and back up, ask rider to move out of the wheelchair locations. This route seem the worse of the worse if you are a rider never turn your back.

Happy New Year! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

One billion S.F. Tax payer money is spent now for the homeless just a few years ago it was 250 million and they brought in some homeless czar to address the problem? 

Instead it's growing daily,  just two years ago these nuts running the City opened a million dollar facility for addicts to shoot up in a safe environment it recent shut it doors do to a lack of participants.

I'm all for helping people and have done so by voting for programs but today there seems to be more programs than homeless?  The only people who seem to benefit are those employed by these social programs.

Don't mean to make S.F. sound like hell, given the opportunity although one of the most expensive Cities in the World I would move back in a heart beat. They say as one gets older you become more conservative certainly that is the case for me and I use to be told I'm very liberal.  S.F. is like most cities better than most due to it size homelessness is usually center around where services are provided and it's weather has also much to do with it. City hall the financial district, Chinatown, North Beach much warmer weather. You won't find a lot of homeless in the Richmond or Sunset where the Ocean is located and 10-15 degree cooler than the norm which is 60,  as soon as you cross Sunset Blvd.

As far as I'm concern S.F. public transportation is great especially if you are a resident they give out senior cards for low income which I borrow from a family member every ride is free everywhere. The buses are majority electric they have special lanes for buses some routes like the 19 Polk are entertaining if you aren't in a hurry it runs from Fisherman Wharf to City Hall through Skid Roll so the homeless who sleep near the Wharf ride the route to City Hall to get their services daily. Every  stop is near 5 minutes you need to wait for the homeless to bring on all their belonging plus then wait for the handicap lift to go down and back up, ask rider to move out of the wheelchair locations. This route seem the worse of the worse if you are a rider never turn your back.

Happy New Year! 

Interesting. 

I wouldn't want to move back there even if I won the lottery because I don’t like the change to being a city best for the  rich and homeless. That's a loss of soul.

Too many homeless is nothing new in San Francisco because of the weather and also helping programs.

My politics haven't changed much since my teen years but I do recall a widespread feeling in San Francisco that San Francisco is a small place and not everyone that wants to live there can live there and that's not horrible. While I was there before insane rents I lived in very substandard cheapest housing so just above homeless. It was worth it to me to live like that to be in SF. Until one day it wasn't anymore and I moved.

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I'm not sure why this even made the news.

People get randomly attacked all over the world. God knows I was beaten up in Khon Kaen by a group of drunken Thai's just cos I was walking with my wife.

If you scroll down, you will find this article. The RTP have been cracking down on illegal criminal business operated by Chinese nationals. An extremely touchy subject for Thailand. So much so, new directives have been issued.

"The Royal Thai Police orders officers to stop revealing nationality information of foreigners arrested to the media "

No better time to post up a distraction, even better if it is from the USA. It helps deflect attention.

Edited by Dcheech
  • Thanks 1