Chinese businessman Tuhao’s Thai wife and business partner arrested

webfact

9 hours ago, JoePai said:

The Chinese national acquired Thai citizenship through his marriage to Wattanaree

Anyone know how this is done ?

Under the Thai nationality Act, as amended in 2008, a foreign male married to a Thai citizen is entitled to apply for citizenship, if he has been legally working in Thailand for a Thai company with a WP for at least 3 calendar years earning at least THB 40k per month. The marriage must also have been registered for 3 years or only 1 year, if children have been produced.  

Requirements for foreign women married to Thais are easier.  They don't need to be working but their Thai husbands need evidence of income of at least 15k a month for the previous calendar year.

16 hours ago, webfact said:

The police colonel wife of an alleged Chinese crime boss has been arrested in Bangkok on money laundering charges. Police Colonel Wattanaree Kornchayanant, superintendent of the foreign affairs division, is married to Chaiyanat “Tuhao” Kornchayanant, an alleged Chinese triad leader (who also has Thai citizenship).

That's a worrying confession for them to have to make.

Obviously that connection helped him to do his dirty work.

On 12/26/2022 at 2:21 PM, 4MyEgo said:

This is how they make their bacon, the bigger the bust, the bigger the split.

From what I understand, you fark with the Triads, they have long reaching arms and will come looking for those in uniform stirring up the bees nest. 

Yes, methinks that a certain high ranking copper/ex Chief of Immigration who "fell from grace" and then miraculously made his way back up again had better watch his back!

1 hour ago, sambum said:

Yes, methinks that a certain high ranking copper/ex Chief of Immigration who "fell from grace" and then miraculously made his way back up again had better watch his back!

I think he went against the grain and put a few high ranking noses in the troth out of place.

Did they try and take him out or did he stage that attempt on his life shooting at his car, on his own, who knows, could it be that he has too much dirt on others and they just might know it, after the attempt on his life, e.g. take me out and I will let the tiger out of it's cage, taking them all down with him.

The mind boggles.