Rep.-elect George Santos admits to lying about resume, says he’s ‘not a criminal’

Scott

Who is George Santos and why is he in trouble?

Fraudulent claims of college degrees, a non-existent real estate portfolio and confusion over whether he's Jewish - or merely "Jew-ish" - are just some of the controversies New York Republican congressman-elect George Santos is facing on the day he's due to be sworn in.

Before winning his race in the November midterm election, the 34-year-old billed himself as "the full embodiment of the American dream": An openly gay child of Brazilian immigrants who rose to the upper echelons of Wall Street before entering the world of politics.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64127827

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I can definitely picture him in Brazilian prison.

Can't post it but suggest looking for the video of him walking into congress.

Like a deer in headlights with a pack of reporters hounding him.

Fake checking his phone. 

Wearing a student backpack looking like his first day of junior college. 

A real republican icon!

I did post it. Look up.

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2022 at 7:00 AM, Black Ops said:

The political fallout surrounding newly-elected Congressman George Santos continues to grow as there are increasing calls for him to resign after he confessed to lying about his education, work history, and family background.

Not much left that he can lie about, is there?????

• Thumbs Up 1

Rep.-elect George Santos admits to lying about resume, says he’s ‘not a criminal’

and Trump never lied about his taxes either did he......still a criminal tax evader. Santos is also guilty of lying in order to enhance his wealth and gain voters.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Could George santos be Donnie and Kari Lakes love child?he certainly has that vacuous stare that Kari has when speaking (lying)and the same somehow pasty skin lol ???? just kidding but what an ugly spectacle 

Embarrassing.  I wonder if his district has any kind of recall mechanism that could be used? Failing that, other members of Congress should simply shun him.  No chats, no greetings other than a curt nod and one word "morning", "'night". Certainly no socializing or buddy-buddy time.  Remove him from the perqs of being in Sodom on the Potomac. 

7 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Embarrassing.  I wonder if his district has any kind of recall mechanism that could be used? Failing that, other members of Congress should simply shun him.  No chats, no greetings other than a curt nod and one word "morning", "'night". Certainly no socializing or buddy-buddy time.  Remove him from the perqs of being in Sodom on the Potomac. 

There is no recall from congress.

7 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Well until a house speaker is elected he can't even be sworn in.

• Thumbs Up 1