Jomtien immigration- Officer declined application for Non-O based on marriage for no reason.

i feel the OP

but this is thailand. the IO cannot be the same with just 60km distance another IO. 

i think we all know that whats written on the website or on the other sources are really doesnt mean anything till you face the IO. i know its sad and not good but its the reality. so i suggest dont read and trust any website telling you what you need to do. go to the immigration and ask them. like i said things are not same. here everyone says you dont need to but IO says you need to. so what to do? you will print out comments telling no need and show to immigration? or print out the immigration website and show? tell me if it works. 

here and websites you can have some ideas... but always go and talk with the immigration to be sure.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, carbuyer said:

I went with my wife, as you must to get the visa.
She doesn't understand why the officer was that way, either.

Your wife just sat there and let it all happen as you have told us.

Why did she not input to the situation. ?

Anyway, good luck with round two today. :jap:

You still have the 60 day visa option, mentioned before in this thread.

Don't rollover for 15k,  just yet hang on in there.

Ps, You could tell your wife,  she can have the 15k if she sorts it out for you today.

( better to give the dosh to her )

ha ha. was just a thought. 

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

As has been said many times, especially to you, NOT all IOs are the same.

Are you stalking me?

I never said they were all the same but the majority of them are a rude and a PITA - that's a fact, deal with it.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Nah, that's not true.

Most are professional at there jobs.

Don't get me wrong, they are not my friends.

But there are way more good,  than bad.

I don't have the patience for them and don't like to suck up to them.

If you're in a farang densly populated area and can speak Thai, lug in to what they're saying and tell me you still stand by your comment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Her behavior is very simply explained by her telling you that it can be solved at the end with 15k baht. You're more likely to just give in and pay it if she makes the experience for you as miserable as possible. 

I wouldn't.

4 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Are you stalking me?

I never said they were all the same but the majority of them are a rude and a PITA - that's a fact, deal with it.

I have only had two immigration officers I spoke back to in the 15 years I have been here, and their bosses sorted it out. Do not be scared of them or afraid to stand your ground, but just make sure you are in the right.

In my two cases, anyone would know if they really had a 25 day overstay.

The second time I was told to come back the following day with my wife, I told him certainly not, I live 60 Ks away, I told him I wanted to see his boss, he came and sorted it out.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I believe him

( I've been full-on screamed at in immigration before, for absolutely no reason)

If you believe the above statement, good for you, I didn't and don't.

Raised voices yes.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

( I've been full-on screamed at in immigration before, for absolutely no reason)

If you believe the above statement, good for you, I didn't and don't

raised voices yes.

I still believe him although I have not been actually shouted at. The reason I believe him is because there are so many times IO's are very guilty of making up their own rules that it could be causing them to lose face, and we all know what losing face means to Thai's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I still believe him although I have not been actually shouted at. The reason I believe him is because there are so many times IO's are very guilty of making up their own rules that it could be causing them to lose face, and we all know what losing face means to Thai's.

Well it was the statement that he made,  was why i posted what I did.

Your just backpedaling now. :coffee1:

Edited by Orinoco

24 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

If you believe the above statement, good for you, I didn't and don't.

Raised voices yes.

Nobody cares what you believe.

It is the OP's story and if he said it happened, it probably happened.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

What a card you are. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

So you are so clever, you need to go outside of Thailand to obtain a visa. That showed them, prop.er

like, !!!!! :cheesy:

Got to get up early to catch you out,  !!!!!!!!!!! :cheesy:

You miss my point entirely.

I'm not trying to impress anyone, no one is catching me out, i simply choose to get a Non O from outside Thailand instead on an extension, is that too difficult for you to understand?

What's a card??? what card are you?

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, carbuyer said:

I understand why you would think that. If I were reading this thread, I would think the same as you if I were reading this. There usually is more to the story!

But honestly, I walked in, was polite as could be, and she was just horrible from the start. Not shouting, but a raised voice. How I would speak to a very naughty child if I wanted them to cry. Not a polite person who walked into my office with all the correct paperwork and just placed it on my desk with a polite "sa wa dee krap."

Where was your wife?  I don't deal with the IOs myself.  I let my wife take care of all the discussion and only answer questions when asked.  Luckily in my district, we've been dealing with the same IO for years (that's a plus for being in a small district with a magnitude more Myanmar workers than Farang expats). 
But still.  I take a number, and when called I give the wife all the paperwork and let her do the talking.  It's just easier. 

Let your wife do the negotiating and stay in the background.  Things will go better - honest.  :thumbsup:

Edited by connda
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Are you stalking me?

You are not worth stalking.

However responding to your post is not stalking.

If you have the idea that I am stalking you you have a few choices.

1   report me to the moderators.

2   Put me on your ignore list.

3   Don't reply to my posts. I won't be upset or throw my toys out of the pram.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You are not worth stalking.

However responding to your post is not stalking.

If you have the idea that I am stalking you you have a few choices.

1   report me to the moderators.

2   Put me on your ignore list.

3   Don't reply to my posts. I won't be upset or throw my toys out of the pram.

Btw, @PJ71.  Some IOs are rude as hell.  Most are rather emotionless.  Some are actually rather nice. <I appreciate the nice ones!>
The rude IOs are a minority.  If you're married to a Thai and you think the IO is rude?  Let your wife do the work.  Stay the heck out of it.  Your Thai wife will understand the implicit status of the IO and accept it, but face saving Thai women are not going to be demeaned by a government official for no reason as its a loss of face.  Now the same IO can demean you, but you're not Thai, so what are you going to do?  Sorry, but the rude IOs are racists and don't like foreigners?  What can you do?
If an IO demeaned my wife, who is syrup-sweet with her speech?  She's different.  She start working her way up the command structure looking for an apology and and change of attitude.  Maybe you need a more assertive wife?
As a farang Non-O?  You have no leverage.  As a Thai citizen with a backbone?  I've seem my wife at work when Thai officialdom assumes that she is a sniveling nobody.  But she ain't your normal Thai.  She is one of the most assertive Thais I've ever met.

Bottom line?  Let you wife do the talking and stay in the background.  Word of wisdom.  :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 2