Doomsday warnings for 2023

Social Media

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

All and I mean all alternative forms of energy are nonsense,,,,,Oil is nonsense too...

Zero point energy  is free and unlimited....And they are sitting on it and will not let this happen....

It'd be nice if you explained what that was and maybe even stooped to produce a link.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2022 at 1:58 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah yes, the world is going to hell and a moon base at a cost of trillions of $ is just what we need. Party on.

I rather the money be spent going to the moon that a 20 year pointless war in the middle east that cost over 1 trillion

Lots of everyday advances came from the Apollo space program

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Flat earth dome

The Flat Earth Theory: Fact or Fiction? | AHRC

What's on the underside of the flat earth?

And there is a moon to travel to, although it looks to be a boat ride away,

Can the Firmament be breached?

So many questions 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

What's on the underside of the flat earth?

Its unknown...

And there is a moon to travel to,

The moon is self illuminating.....Its not physical..

Can the Firmament be breached?

The government sent nukes up to try and bust the firmament in 1962 (operation fishbowl) They failed...

How do time zones work?

18 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

There are no "collective" rights - only individual human rights. Governments don't grant us these rights. They are ours by nature.

If the (one-world) government decided that there were too many people in the world and that to protect the environment - or the "collective" - it needed to eliminate some/most of us by killing us off with a "vaccine", would you consider that to be acceptable? I mean, sometimes we have to sacrifice the rights of some for the collective, right?

I would normally say that the government does not have the right to remove you from the planet for the benefit of the rest of us, but since you think it's OK, I would be willing to make an exception to this principle in your case.

Genocide is a natural human response to eliminate threats from outside tribes? 

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am more concerned about a deep recession, than the other stuff. Putin is capable of anything, as he seems to be an unhinged, power hungry, genocidal maniac. But, let us hope he fails miserably. 

How to avoid recession? Recession is a natural necessery conjuncture of the economic cycle, and we are far past a natural adjustment by now. Strange I learned that at school 16 years old, and still today most live and rule like its never going to happen again. 

Putin is not the main cause of a new recession! He is maybe the final triggering reason! 

Edited by Hummin
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2022 at 3:58 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah yes, the world is going to hell and a moon base at a cost of trillions of $ is just what we need. Party on.

They better not build it on the land that i own on the moon. 

I will definitely be seeking compensation if that is the case, I have a certificate of ownership as proof!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BangkokHank said:

If the (one-world) government decided that there were too many people in the world and that to protect the environment - or the "collective" - it needed to eliminate some/most of us by killing us off with a "vaccine", would you consider that to be acceptable? I mean, sometimes we have to sacrifice the rights of some for the collective, right?

You are taking the absolute MOST EXTREME example. 

China imposed a one child policy. This is an example where the collective takes precedence over individual rights. 

Even that is debatable I suppose. Whether govts have the right to impose population control.

But I will not play your game in using an extreme dystopian scenario to debate this.

Edited by save the frogs

9 hours ago, redwood1 said:

We are all flat earthers because we all live on a flat earth...

I respect that you have your own belief systems about things.

I don't think we'll resolve a debate about flat earth on here, but that's totally fine with me for people to have their own opinions. 

• Haha 1

There are only a few things really:  war, virus, asteroid, or earthquake.

But moving to another planet and spreading out the human species would solve most of those.  After all we are the only species that have worked out how record and pass on information outside of biological information.  It seems space travel being the next step in human endeavor is glaringly obvious.

War is a piece of <deleted> to solve.  Just remind the government that they work for the people and increase social media.  The people must have control of the media.  This is important.

Edited by markclover

10 minutes ago, markclover said:

There are only a few things really:  war, virus, asteroid, or earthquake.

But moving to another planet and spreading out the human species would solve most of those.  After all we are the only species that have worked out how record and pass on information outside of biological information.  It seems space travel being the next step in human endeavor is glaring obvious.

War is a piece of <deleted> to solve.  Just remind the government that they work for the people and increase social media.  The people must have control of the media.  This is important.

Just like travelling faster than the speed of light there are some limitations of physics which will far outlast the ability to humans to solve them before our extinction. Colonisation of a yet undiscovered planet with a sustainable ecosystem is one of those.

We need to find a way to survive as a species in a sustainable way on our own planet well before we find a way to colonise another planet. To do otherwise would be analogous to rats abandoning a sinking ship.

Key to that is to stop using fossil fuels for energy. Nothing else cuts it.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

The history we were taught in school was that the convicts were all Irish.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

It's also a matter of public record and large numbers of Australian's trace their ancestry back to Irish convicts.

Well I hope your history teacher was fired for regurgitating that myth.

"Only 12 per cent of the convicts transported to Australia were Irish. Yet people often automatically associate the Irish with transportation."

https://www.nma.gov.au/exhibitions/not-just-ned/family-history/irish/convicts

The first fleet wasn't even purely British let alone Irish, it included a mix including French, American and African.

"The convicts of the First Fleet included both men and women. Most were British, but a few were American, French, and even African. Their crimes ranged from theft to assault. Most convicts were sentenced to seven years’ “transportation” (the term for the sending of prisoners to a usually far-off penal colony)."

https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/first-fleet-sets-sail-australia

The vast majority of early Irish came as "free men" but it's more "romantic" nowadays to claim they where shipped out as convicts by those Brit bastards.

Edited by Salerno
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

I just made up a wild and crazy theory ... since you brought up the vaccines.

Would you like to hear it?

Many people were afraid that the vaccines would kill people.

It never happened. 

Maybe the powers that be wanted people to be afraid ... or to soften it ... maybe did not try to suppress that narrative. 

... because fear is a good way to jolt people out of their apathy and complacency with regards to the seriousness, complexity and urgency of environmental issues.

Edited by save the frogs
  • Haha 1

On 12/29/2022 at 3:58 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Could place your Hero Trump on the moon base as its first President.

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Did only Irish steal bread or were other nationalities involved?

It was an interesting point of view of the history and how he understand what happened. Ironic? 

Edited by Hummin

You don't need to ask a soothsayer or a prophet to know that 2023 is NOT going to be a good year, nothing about it suggests goodness or install confidence, from the war in the Putin the tyrant and the Ukraine to the rise in cost of living, Covid rearing it's ugly head every where with a vendange, products and commodities shortages and many more indications.. so hold on tight guys, we're in for a rough ride...

• Like 2