Student dead, friend in coma as pick-up hits bike outside Rayong school

webfact

1-แบบปกใส่คำพูด-New-2-42-768x433.jpg

Daily News Thai Caption: One student dead One in coma

Daily News reported on a tragic collision between a pick-up and a pair of M3 female students on their way home in Rayong, eastern Thailand.

The collision happened outside Ban Khai School by a u-Turn at 4.30 pm.

A teacher reported seeing the other vehicle hurtling towards the students too late to see it.

processed-b36b7493-1281-43e9-ae6b-7bf19c521688_1cFoJ3E2-1024x571.jpg

Picture: Daily News

They were rider and pillion on a Honda Wave that was split in two.

One of the students died in the local hospital.

The other is in a coma.

Both are 15. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-12-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

processed-7c9cc00c-d6cc-4f63-8b51-7a7c54b02738_3zQYZ7QM-1024x568.jpg

processed-4f74612f-3203-440a-ba0e-9073e0fa96eb_fdbXiqbM-1024x568.jpg

Would like to know more on the story as that pick up appears to be really really really moving as the witness said and as you can see from when the time he is approaching the bridge and hits the bike and then ends up way way way past the bridge when he comes to a halt, not to mention that he was in the middle of the two lanes when he hit the bike, (witches hats).

So muk for slowing down at school zones and being properly licensed to ride motorbikes.

RIP, 15 is way ways to young to bite the dust, but...

Edited by 4MyEgo

36 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

So muk for slowing down at school zones and being properly licensed to ride motorbikes.

Chances are the rider did not have a license but it is possible for a 15 year old to get a motorbike license.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure the pick up in the second part of the clip is the one in the accident. The road is a dual carriageway, the driver passed the U-turn, then swerved, mounted and crossed the central reservation into oncoming traffic before hitting the motorbike. 

Edited by smoggie
Originally I made it sound like the motorbike was in the wrong lane.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

You can find it here in the article. But here again 

https://www.dailynews.co.th/news/1835593/

Jesus, lost it at high speed, came onto the other side of the road and it was all over.

I did try the website earlier but couldn't find it, thanks.

Will forward this to the boys, always telling them how things can change in a split second, with even the most experienced of riders would have trouble getting out of that.

• Thumbs Up 1

No helmet No license,maybe under age too  for driving and a license.Very surprised if that was not the case.I have a friend owns a bar up nth.Goes home no license and no helmet at times,will not go round a corner know police  check point.Go thru the parking area check avoided.I suspect nothing is changed when i see her again in 23

3 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Holy cow, thats horrific, she did not stand a chance.

I just watched the video. The pickup driver was driving like a maniac and the two poor girls never stood a chance.

From the OP.  https://www.dailynews.co.th/news/1835593/

As for the pickup truck driver, named Mr. Kan Ketmahasak, 52 years old, after the incident, the police hurriedly took him to sit in the police car. because there are people who are dissatisfied to come and hurt... สามารถติดตามต่อได้ที่ :

The police should have turned a blind eye to anybody who wanted to come and hurt the pick up driver.

When I used to take my son to school in the mornings so many stupid bar-stewards would overtake me in the 50 limit, ignoring the school signs, the pedestrian crossing for the children, the small market and the crossroads.

I would be driving at 50 with my 4 ways on  and they would rocket past me. I used to pass 5 schools each way.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2022 at 6:43 PM, Screaming said:

Another Honda Wave bites the dust. And yet foreigners feel it is necessary to get on these death traps in Thailand.

The Honda Wave is a perfectly safe scooter.

It was the dumb <deleted> that caused the problem.

IMHO the only safe vehicle at that point would have been a fully loaded, 24 wheel truck and trailer combo.

That would most likely stopped the maniac it the pick up dead.

The girls on the Wave were driving on their side of a 4 lane highway in the left lane. The pickup was in the fast lane on the other side of the road, drove over the central reservation and drove the wrong way in the left lane at high speed and driving head on into the scooter. 

All caught on video camera.

The dumb <deleted> ought to have been paralysed and in a wheelchair for life, BUT he got away with light injuries.

One girl was lucky, if you could call it lucky, as she died though she was most probably in severe pain for a short while. The other girl was not so lucky as she survived and will be in pain for the rest of her life.

If it were up to me I would have his pickup slowly crushed and then burnt with him in it, still alive.

On 12/28/2022 at 4:42 AM, nigelforbes said:

The truck was really smoking, way way too fast.

As the truck passes the U-turn, it's clearly speeding and being floored as the black smoke is belching from the exhaust. Nothing short of dangerous driving in that area. Death by dangerous driving should equal life imprisonment. So sad for the girls on the bike who were doing nothing wrong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You didn't need to see any other posts, the link to the video is in the OP, which you, obviously, did see!

Um, no, incorrect, you see at the time when I clicked on Daily News in the top left corner of the article, the link it took me too only showed pictures, there was no video at the bottom that I could view for whatever reason, and no, I didn't miss it as I know how these things work.

The above said, the person I asked to forward me the link if he had it, i.e. Mickeymaus, did so forward me the same link and I did see the video in the same link at the bottom of the article, why it worked in the same link that he provided me with and not the article I saw on AseanNow, I have not idea, maybe my computer was having a slow day in it's old age ?

I just went back to the original post above in AseanNow and tried it again, well what do you know it appeared this time around, so I did see it in that original post just now, but not before, only through the link Mickeymaus sent to me, as I said before, hence the reason I asked for the link thinking it might have been seen elsewhere.

• Haha 1