What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

22 hours ago, Will27 said:

Alumim AKA Unknowns

A few episodes in and enjoying this one.
On TPB with hard-coded subs.

The story of a group of boys, living in the margins of the Israeli society and passing their time in a school for at-risk youth. One day, after a local girl is raped, the boys become the immediate suspects, their already unbalanced world gets completely disturbed.

The series deals with the question of the chance these boys have in order to break the cycle of violence they’re in. This is a story of cruel and magical friendship between boys who will sacrifice anything just to avoid their own destiny.

Thanks @Will27. Downloading now from 1337x. Also on Kickass.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/10/2023 at 10:48 AM, xylophone said:

I did seek out some explanations as to the ending, or indeed as to the basics of the movie, so your link is not news to me (thanks all the same) however having absolutely no knowledge of Nietzsche and his “eternal recurrence” scenario, the movie made no sense to me.

Far too complex for an old guy watching a late-night series, IMO!!!

I don't understand the confusion or why people mention Time Travel (There wasn't any) - This was about Recurrence... 

To put it simply, we've all seen & understood Groundhog Day?  So this was exactly the same premise but instead of it being a single day it was a lifetime. 

FWIW, I really enjoyed it from start to finish & felt the ending was excellent as it closed out the story in keeping with the storyline. 

15 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I don't understand the confusion or why people mention Time Travel (There wasn't any)

I don't understand why people mention that other people mentioned Time Travel. (There weren't any)

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, BigStar said:

I don't understand why people mention that other people mentioned Time Travel. (There weren't any)

Apologies if "Time Travel" wasn’t mentioned in this thread (Not that I said it was) but this isn’t the only Thread/Forum I read) but I have seen somebody post about getting  confused by the “Time travel” parts 

Just wasn't sure why somebody would be confused over such a simple premise.  

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/7/2023 at 9:57 AM, Will27 said:

Boom! Boom! The World vs. Boris Becker

Poor old Boris, blew 170 million dollars, but it's an interesting watch. Great sports stars aren't necessarily great money managers.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Poor old Boris, blew 170 million dollars, but it's an interesting watch. Great sports stars aren't necessarily great money managers.

Woah.

I haven't watched it as yet.

I knew he blew his money but no idea it was that much.

14 hours ago, mikebell said:
On 3/14/2023 at 3:30 PM, oxo1947 said:

The     Thin Blue Line

Drop "The" or you will get the 90s Rowan Atkinson series

I got the 90s version & had a little snigger at some of the lines.

Or you can search for Tunna blå linjen

On 4/11/2023 at 6:05 PM, Thailand said:

Rabbit Hole -Kiefer Sutherland - enjoyed first 2 episodes.

Equally enjoying, but very different, Bob Odenkirk in Lucky Hank.

Rabbithole lasted 10 minutes for me.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Sadly, no pretty girls in 'Beyond Paradise'.

But I watched that for the Cornwall scenery (mainly Looe).

Some great places. Was stationed at Culdrose for a couple of years about 100 years ago