What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

11 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No wonder I couldn't get it the other week. Thanks.

Cool .. glad you saw the post, I forgot who posted the request. If you cant find it, I can upload somewhere.

Im looking forward to this one, not that I have an interest in kiddy fiddlers. I find it fascinating that as a kid during this time, it this was just totally missed.

There was another, National Treasure, National Disgrace about Stuart Hall, Rolf, Jimmy and and the Netflix documentary about Saville from last year.

Edited by recom273
  • Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Cool .. glad you saw the post, I forgot who posted the request. If you cant find it, I can upload somewhere.

Im looking forward to this one, not that I have an interest in kiddy fiddlers. I find it fascinating that as a kid during this time, it this was just totally missed.

There was another, National Treasure, National Disgrace about Stuart Hall, Rolf, Jimmy and and the Netflix documentary about Saville from last year.

I did watch the Jimmy Savile expose and I never did like the character anyway, but this documentary really laid bare his disgusting habits, and what an evil man he was.

Don't remember a great deal about the Rolf Harris conviction, but what I do remember is that I thought it was a bit harsh at the time, but then a friend of his daughter came out with the fact that she had been abused by him, so that changed my mind.

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

I did watch the Jimmy Savile expose and I never did like the character anyway, but this documentary really laid bare his disgusting habits, and what an evil man he was.

Don't remember a great deal about the Rolf Harris conviction, but what I do remember is that I thought it was a bit harsh at the time, but then a friend of his daughter came out with the fact that she had been abused by him, so that changed my mind.

To think we used to race home from school to watch him when TV first came out.  Who'd have thought?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just started watching Rabbit Hole. It's a corporate espionage drama about the boss of a personal espionage team, who becomes the centre of a conspiracy where he is framed for murder after completing an assignment for a client. It's pretty good so far and well worth a watch. It's already been mentioned in this forum. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5822112/

Enjoying it, but a bit hard to follow at times, better to watch in a binge when the series has finished

1 hour ago, Seppius said:
1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just started watching Rabbit Hole. It's a corporate espionage drama about the boss of a personal espionage team, who becomes the centre of a conspiracy where he is framed for murder after completing an assignment for a client. It's pretty good so far and well worth a watch. It's already been mentioned in this forum. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5822112/

Expand  

Enjoying it, but a bit hard to follow at times, better to watch in a binge when the series has finished

Yes, I got the complete season 1 from TGx and am now binge watching it.

13 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Yes, I got the complete season 1 from TGx and am now binge watching it.

I quite enjoyed Rabbit Hole.  Interesting twists & turns along the way, keeping it unpredictable ????

• Like 1

Ukraine: The People's Fight 2023    IMDB 5.6

Filmmaker Olly Lambert spends two months on Ukraine's southern frontline with volunteer special forces as they begin the push to capture Kherson. How are they winning the fight?

I found it on lookmovie

• Thanks 1

Theaters of War 2022    IMDB 7.9

A vast new trove of internal documents reveals that the Pentagon and CIA have doctored thousands of film and television scripts. Media professor Roger Stahl engages an array of other stunned scholars, frustrated veterans, PR insiders, and industry producers. Stahl reveals in unsettling detail how the US military-industrial complex pushes a version of history that scrubs the screen of war crimes, corruption, criticism of the nuclear arsenal, racism, sexual assault, assassinations, and torture. From James Bond to Jack Ryan, Captain Marvel to Cake Boss, the creation of this other "cinematic universe" is one of the great PR coups of our time.—Disto4

Found on lookmovie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2023 at 7:52 AM, Will27 said:

Guy Ritchie's movies are usually pretty good.

Summary: During the war in Afghanistan, a local interpreter risks his own life to carry an injured sergeant across miles of gruelling terrain.

Gave it less then 30 mins before deleting it.

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The reason why may be helpful? One mans meat as they say..................... 

Too predictable because just old wine in new bags. The 2 sentence plot says it all but again I haven't seen the whole thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/10/2023 at 7:52 AM, Will27 said:

Guy Ritchie's movies are usually pretty good.

Summary: During the war in Afghanistan, a local interpreter risks his own life to carry an injured sergeant across miles of gruelling terrain.

Too Cheezy-chinesey for me. Like in Chinese movies the enemy liked to stand out in the open or lined up atop a mountain ridge's sky line just waiting to be shot at.

Being based on some true events kept me to the ending credits. Not quite good enough for my 'Keep File'.

Subtitles needed for the non-English dialogues.

Yellowstone, Season5

Can not recommend this show.

Even after four seasons no signs of diversity at all. A complete lack of LGBT+XYZ themes. Cowboys forcing climate change by roaming around in their huge fuel driven pickup trucks. Old white men ideology everywhere. And John Dutton would not vote for Biden, I sadly guess.

No good! ????

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, vinci said:

just saw 2 episode of "SILO", quite interesting

Despite getting rough reviews here, I thought the first two were interesting, I think the story has yet to reveal itself, we have seen Common as the judiciary for 60 seconds, I’m pretty sure we will see him more as the plot expands. 

E03 just appeared - I might just put it on to pass a wet afternoon.

• Like 2