What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

I've just started watching season 3 of Guilt. It's a Scottish crime drama about 2 brothers who accidentally run over and kill an old man. They cover their tracks, but their lives start to fall apart when neighbours and relatives of the dead doubt the way he died. Pretty good IMHO and worth a look.

I watched it on iPlayer and it's also on TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9644058/

• Thanks 2

On 5/24/2023 at 5:15 PM, Will27 said:

Enjoying this one at the minute.

Impuros

TPB

Rio de Janeiro, during the 90's. Evandro dreams about becoming a great businessman, but ends up entering the world of crime and making an empire out of his criminal organization. His business skills and leadership abilities draw the attention of Morello, a federal police officer with a self-destructive behavior who sees in Evandro a worthy enemy.

Thanks @Will27 downloading Season 1 now from TGx. (Also on magnetdl).

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, xylophone said:

As a bit of a time filler I downloaded a documentary called, "Fall of Japan in colour" and I was surprised because there was so much about it I didn't know – – for instance the US and allied fleet which sailed in the Pacific to liberate some of the islands and also sail into the Philippines was the largest ever.

The film/doco was shot by an English photographer who became friendly with Gen MacArthur, so he got all the scoops so to speak.

It did show the bombs dropping on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and I remember going to the Nagasaki peace Park a few years ago, and it was both jawdropping and almost unimaginable, and it made me feel very sad and fearful of what we can do to one another.

Having said that, I do remember watching doco a few years back which also showed some awful scenes about, "The rape of Nanking" (by the Chinese) and also reading the book which had some really gory pics in it – – newborn babies on the end of bayonets for example, and pregnant women sliced open (won't say anymore because I'm sure you get the picture). So it appears that humans from any race are capable of unthinkable atrocities.

Also on YT, watching now ????

• Thumbs Up 1

This is going to hurt.

Watching this show might hurt too, but for me in a good way.

Dark dark dark!

The adventures of a very non-stereotypical gay man as a stressed out NHS obstetrician (delivering babies). I am not a doctor so it's irrelevant to me how "authentic" the story is, but it does feel real. 

The satirical contrast to a private hospital vs. the NHS is delicious.

Don't watch if depressed, it might trigger you.

The lead actor is brilliant and funny.

You've been warned.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

This is going to hurt.

Watching this show might hurt too, but for me in a good way.

Dark dark dark!

The adventures of a very non-stereotypical gay man as a stressed out NHS obstetrician (delivering babies). I am not a doctor so it's irrelevant to me how "authentic" the story is, but it does feel real. 

The satirical contrast to a private hospital vs. the NHS is delicious.

Don't watch if depressed, it might trigger you.

The lead actor is brilliant and funny.

You've been warned.

I agree with you because I thought it was a very good series, and Ben Whishaw was excellent, just as he was in the TV series starring Hugh Grant, called, "a Very English Scandal", where he was able to play the gay role well, although not outwardly so, with a sort of innocence/naïveté mixed in (although he is in fact gay).

A very talented actor.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Queen of the Deuce

Stumbled across this in the t listings.  Anyone who experienced midtown Manhattan in the 1970s should appreciate it. 

If you watched Mrs Maisel you might get the impression one of the more eccentric characters on that show was based on this woman: I do.

I've just started watching season 1 of Ferdinand von Schirach - Glauben (The Allegation). From IMDB: In the small German town of Ottern, a paediatrician diagnoses "chronic sexual abuse", while examining a young girl, setting events in motion that lead to a judicial scandal of devastating proportions. It's pretty good so far IMHO and worth a look. It was previously recommended by @Will27. I got it from 1337x.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13116888/

5 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just started watching season 1 of Ferdinand von Schirach - Glauben (The Allegation). From IMDB: In the small German town of Ottern, a paediatrician diagnoses "chronic sexual abuse", while examining a young girl, setting events in motion that lead to a judicial scandal of devastating proportions. It's pretty good so far IMHO and worth a look. It was previously recommended by @Will27. I got it from 1337x.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13116888/

Reckon this one was brilliant.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Where is this available for download?

Lime has 59 seeders.

Not sure how quick it is though.

Kickass has it also but it's a large file but downloads quick enough.

• Thanks 1

I needed to test some new settings on my Sony TV, especially in relation to playing downloaded movies, so I watched one that I have already watched three times, called, "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers" and this time round I came to a conclusion which I hadn't in previous viewings........ 

Although Peter Sellers was a talented actor, he was also a spoilt childlike person, who described himself as, "an empty shell with no personality, so he can fit anyone into it that he wants", or words that affect.

The conclusion I came to was that he was a spoilt, selfish, arrogant yet insecure person, and he was also an r...sole of gigantic proportions.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Geoffrey Rush who plays Peter Sellers and several other roles, is magnificent.

Edited by xylophone

1 hour ago, ozz1 said:

Rarb closed down   what is the best free download site now

Sad day for movie fans  :sad:

RARBG was one of the best Torrent sites having many choice of file size and providing subs to practically all movies and TV programs.

Don't think there is a comparable site available at the moment.

Thanks RARBG for providing hours and hours of great viewing 

:thumbsup:

RARBG Bye Page

Hello guys,
We would like to inform you that we have decided to shut down our site.
The past 2 years have been very difficult for us - some of the people in our team died due to covid complications,
others still suffer the side effects of it - not being able to work at all.
Some are also fighting the war in Europe - ON BOTH SIDES.
Also, the power price increase in data centers in Europe hit us pretty hard.
Inflation makes our daily expenses impossible to bare.
Therefore we can no longer run this site without massive expenses that we can no longer cover out of pocket.
After an unanimous vote we've decided that we can no longer do it.
We are sorry ????
Bye

• Like 2

9 hours ago, xylophone said:

I needed to test some new settings on my Sony TV, especially in relation to playing downloaded movies, so I watched one that I have already watched three times, called, "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers" and this time round I came to a conclusion which I hadn't in previous viewings........ 

Although Peter Sellers was a talented actor, he was also a spoilt childlike person, who described himself as, "an empty shell with no personality, so he can fit anyone into it that he wants", or words that affect.

The conclusion I came to was that he was a spoilt, selfish, arrogant yet insecure person, and he was also an r...sole of gigantic proportions.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Geoffrey Rush who plays Peter Sellers and several other roles, is magnificent.

Curious, do Sony TV's check provenance of the content you play?