What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

56 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Watched the first episode last night. Had I known it was Marvel based I wouldn't have posted it. That said, it wasn't as cheesy as the latest marvel nonsense, more like a regular sci-fi action series. I will watch the next episode when it comes out. 

As soon as I watched the first 5 seconds and saw the Marvel intro I switched off but I may resume at a later date.

Thanks!

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2023 at 10:04 AM, LosLobo said:

As soon as I watched the first 5 seconds and saw the Marvel intro I switched off but I may resume at a later date.

Thanks!

Yes for me Marvel tends to bring about the urge for a sudden bowel movement, much faster than prunes or cod liver oil!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

"The Billionaire Murders"...... I think Will27 recommended it & what I have viewed is really good....however it stops at episode 2 --an 11 Episode series.

I am thinking that it may have got caught up in the strike (which is headed for its 3rd month & giving us a lot of rubbish TV ) but if anyone see's it around (past episode 2) please post where.

For true crime series its quite well done.

6 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

"The Billionaire Murders"...... I think Will27 recommended it & what I have viewed is really good....however it stops at episode 2 --an 11 Episode series.

I am thinking that it may have got caught up in the strike (which is headed for its 3rd month & giving us a lot of rubbish TV ) but if anyone see's it around (past episode 2) please post where.

For true crime series its quite well done.

If you mean Billionaire Murders, there's only 4 episodes.

3 and 4 have just dropped.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27922326/

I think The Billionaire Murders is a podcast.

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

'Maggie Moore(s)' is a brilliant movie; a great story with lots of interesting characters.

It only has a 5.9 rating on IMDb, but then we all know that these can be a little suspect, so I will give it a try, and thank you for the tip.

7 hours ago, Will27 said:

If you mean  Billionaire Murders, there's only 4 episodes.

What a mess up---- seems that it has a season 2 called "THE" Billionaire Murders         https://www.imdb.com/find/?q=The Billionaire Murders%3A&ref_=nv_sr_sm

Its season 2 that is the podcast 11 episodes against the 4 episodes ---yes its podcast and scripted by the main reporter of the story, It came out 2 months before  Billionaire Murders. but could only find 2 ep of it........anyway  Thanks Will27 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, recom273 said:

I saw that Line In the sand is back for a second season, but no English subs, so started another Israeli drama, unknowns which looks ok, but lacking in guns and drugs.

I think @Mutt Daeng mentioned Mocro Mafia a long time ago but I never got around to checking it, now in a new fifth season. It can make up the drugs and gang quota.

@recom273 Thanks for the heads up about new seasons of Mocro maffia. I've only seen seasons 1 & 2 and wasn't aware that later seasons were available. I've just had a quick look and can't find season 3 or 4 of Mocro Maffia with English subs. Any hints as to where to get them? All the 3 series you mentioned are all very good IMHO. I recently watched Unknowns and enjoyed it.

Barrabrava AKA Club Hooligans

Lime

This one looks quite good.
Has excellent reviews.

Sorry, couldn't find a trailer with English subs but you get the message.

Summary: After a vicious internal fight, two brothers are expelled of their beloved team's gang. Alone, without money or political protection, they will start a war that will put their brotherhood to the test.

On 6/25/2023 at 7:57 AM, Will27 said:

If you mean Billionaire Murders, there's only 4 episodes.

Another of those crime series that waffles on for four episodes, which could easily have been condensed into one, then the finale leaves you just as much in the dark as you were at the beginning. Total waste of time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Another of those crime series that waffles on for four episodes, which could easily have been condensed into one, then the finale leaves you just as much in the dark as you were at the beginning. Total waste of time.

I didn't even start it.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Smart move. I was dumb enough to think there might have been some answers.

Like we've discussed before, there's too many of these shows that don't provide an answer.

I'm on the look out for them in reviews now.

If the killers aren't found, I generally don't bother.

Edited by Will27
  • Thumbs Up 1

What annoys me is how careless the writing has gotten. 

Looking for a needle in a haystack? Just walk by strangers on the street and you can overhear them talking about the needle they had just found in the haystack, and where they left it for "safekeeping". 

Need a password? Just look at picture on the desk and try the name of the boat in the background, bingo!

Looking for incriminating evidence on someone in a hurry? Just duck in their office while they go to take a leak, pull a random book off the shelf and nude photos of the murder victim drop out and land face up on the desk. Pick one up, and in the background will be a beach you recognize. Drive out to the beach, get out of the car, look down and you'll see a drop of blood, At that moment a coconut will fall from a tree that will attract you attention, and you'll find the murder weapon at the base of the tree, and well as a few hairs on the trunk of the tree to identify the murderer.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

What annoys me is how careless the writing has gotten. 

Looking for a needle in a haystack? Just walk by strangers on the street and you can overhear them talking about the needle they had just found in the haystack, and where they left it for "safekeeping". 

Need a password? Just look at picture on the desk and try the name of the boat in the background, bingo!

Looking for incriminating evidence on someone in a hurry? Just duck in their office while they go to take a leak, pull a random book off the shelf and nude photos of the murder victim drop out and land face up on the desk. Pick one up, and in the background will be a beach you recognize. Drive out to the beach, get out of the car, look down and you'll see a drop of blood, At that moment a coconut will fall from a tree that will attract you attention, and you'll find the murder weapon at the base of the tree, and well as a few hairs on the trunk of the tree to identify the murderer.

And your point is?

What are you smoking? I want some. 

• Haha 2