What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Got pretty low scores on IMDB but I thought it was entertaining.

Another movie with a woman of 58i kilos beating up men twice her size. A James Bond fantasy for women.

I did enjoy No Hard Feelings, which was just as unrealistic but it was funny and it had Jennifer Lawrence. Nothing particularly creative about it but the take on modern snowflakes was amusing . And Lawrence can make even a mediocre movie watchable.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/13/2023 at 11:01 AM, spidermike007 said:

He is a highly intelligent man. Very articulate in interviews. He wrote and won an Oscar for the Rocky screenplay. 

People like you are constantly under estimating people like him. 

On 8/13/2023 at 11:09 AM, KhunLA said:

Agree 100% ... did Rocky all on his own, most on borrowed money, no big production company financing the project.  Quite the exception to Hollywood success.  100% self made ... that's talent, and why he is so respected by his peers.

He may be intelligent, he may be articulate, he may be a good businessman but we are talking about the actor and I stick to my earlier opinion and that is that he is a drop kick as an actor.  Just my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/14/2023 at 7:52 AM, Will27 said:

Luden

Really enjoying this one.

Reminds me a bit of The Deuce.

TPB

The rise of Sonny Boy Klaus Barkowsky, who is made into a pimp by the tough prostitute Jutta and founds the 'Nutella' gang, which soon engages in a battle for power with the established 'GMBH.

https://m.imdb.com/video/vi1731314713/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

You got me again! It wasn't coming up on a sonarr search.

The English title is ..

The Pimp – No F***ing Fairytale

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, recom273 said:

The English title is ..

Sorry mate.

I might've gotten this one from 1337x, not TPB.

25 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Sorry mate.

No worries. Sonarr doesn't search any specific tracker, it searches a load of sites - but uses the names from TVDB, which don't always match up with other sites or info.

It will be good to find something new. I'm on a new series of Breeders, which has gone a bit dull, Billions was good last night, Underbelly (Razor) - only 3 more seasons to go, a new season of Darkwinds, the indian reservation cop drama on AMC, it was OK in series one, but not so now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Siopilos dromos AKA Silent Road

Thought this was excellent.
TPB

In the German legend “The Pied Piper of Hamelin”, a mysterious man kidnaps a town’s children out of revenge towards the townsfolk who broke their promise to pay his services.
The Piper lured the children down a road that was named “Silent Road”

Thanks @Will27. Downloading now from 1337x.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Will27 said:
16 hours ago, recom273 said:

The English title is ..

Sorry mate.

I got it from Kickass. (Luden: Könige Der Reeperbahn)

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

Tried to watch, " Staircase Murder" last night (starring Colin Firth and Toni Collette) and got to the end of the second episode and turned it off, because I didn't want to sit through seven episodes of this particular series, when it could have easily been wound up in two, perhaps three series.

Furthermore the jumping around of timeframes/scales was a little confusing at times and didn't make for easy viewing. In addition I concluded that Michael Peterson was guilty and didn't need to see any more!!!!!!

I did look it up online and it would appear there is/was some suspicion that the guy may have been involved in a previous staircase murder................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Tried to watch, " Staircase Murder" last night (starring Colin Firth and Toni Collette) and got to the end of the second episode and turned it off, because I didn't want to sit through seven episodes of this particular series, when it could have easily been wound up in two, perhaps three series.

Furthermore the jumping around of timeframes/scales was a little confusing at times and didn't make for easy viewing. In addition I concluded that Michael Peterson was guilty and didn't need to see any more!!!!!!

I did look it up online and it would appear there is/was some suspicion that the guy may have been involved in a previous staircase murder................

I think you mean The Staircase.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11324406/?ref_=nm_flmg_t_2_act

I didn't see that, but the documentary series The Staircase was really good.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388644/

• Like 2

19 hours ago, xylophone said:

Same here, I found The Staircase hard to watch so I turned off before the end of episode 2. 

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Same here, I found The Staircase hard to watch so I turned off before the end of episode 2. 

+ 1

They seem to have been under the impression that people would be wondering “ did he or didn’t he “ and they could spin it out as long as they liked !!

• Thumbs Up 2

I bet you never heard of this one.

Bob Patterson played by Seinfeld's Jason Alexander.

A cancelled one season disaster but Alexander argues there was a lot of bad luck responsible for the spectacular failure.

I had also never heard of it until now.

I'm going to give it a chance. On youtube:

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, xylophone said:

I'm halfway through the series, "An Undeclared War" and so far I have found it very good, and I'm hoping that the second three episodes carry on in the same vein. Fingers crossed.

I watched season 1 a while back and thought it was very good.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I watched season 1 a while back and thought it was very good.

I quite enjoyed that also, and I don't think there is a season 2.  Think that was mini series, just the 6 eps.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Underbelly: Vanishing Act

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15428452/

The true story of Melissa Caddick, a woman who disappeared after swindling over $40 million from her most trusted clients.

Nice one - Did anyone ever notice there was an underbelly NZ in 2008 too?

ETS: And Underbelly files too.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2023 at 3:42 PM, Will27 said:

Episodes 1 and 2 are dropping now.

Just posted this review on IMDb - How disappointing!  You wait years for a follow-up to the previous 6 series then come up with this pale imitation. A dramatic title cannot hide the paucity of plot.
Raylan is a great character yet hampered by a pale, insipid daughter. I note with satisfaction she is now being shipped away to let her dad get on with his real job of taking bad guys of the street.
How many times is the villain going to be interviewed & released to kill again?
I could just about cope with the accents in Harlan County but those of a number of Detroit characters defeat me. I will wait till it ends and download it with subtitles.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2023 at 5:55 AM, bendejo said:

Ok, waiting to see who will be the first to admit they saw Barbie . . .

I saw 'Oppenheimer' - an hour too long; confusing construction; running two trials simultaneously (one in black & white) AND I knew how it ended!

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

I saw 'Oppenheimer' - an hour too long; confusing construction; running two trials simultaneously (one in black & white) AND I knew how it ended!

My over-30 self went back to university to study engineering in the 1980s.  The school I went to is known for its social conscience.  Over the six years I went there (some semesters were only part-time as I had to support myself) I had to sit through this three times (would have been 4 but I ducked one)  The Day After Trinity

I dubbed it The Passion of JRO.

Message received.  I have no intention of seeing this new movie.  Don't care for the lead actor either.

• Thumbs Up 1