What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

Had a few hours to kill waiting for the wife and MIL so I saw "Gran Touismo" at the movies the other day and was pleasantly surprised. 

Based on a true story and an IMDb rating of 7.4 which I would agree with.  

Great theater and B129 with the senior discount...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, philthebook said:

Anyone seen a torrent for it?

It's out there as both season 3 and season 5. The 2011 series was cancelled and a new one with the same name/actors etc was started in 2019. Eztv has single episodes for season 3 of the 2019 series. 

6 minutes ago, gargamon said:

It's out there as both season 3 and season 5. The 2011 series was cancelled and a new one with the same name/actors etc was started in 2019. Eztv has single episodes for season 3 of the 2019 series. 

Season 5 started this week.

I haven't seen a torrent as yet.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

The Nun Il

Went with gf was not expecting much.

Lots of horror action kind of funny not boring I liked it.  GF loved it.  

Really? I saw it yesterday and was disappointed.  A lot of action but nothing really scary or even creepy. I was startled a few times but that was it. 

On 9/2/2023 at 12:11 PM, Jingthing said:

Watched the first episode of the seven episode Who is Erin Carter and I'm conflicted about whether to continue.

As one scathing review said -- Who Cares?

I loved it.  The heroine will become the female Bruce Willis because of the amount of injuries/wounds she suffers during this 1st series.  Lots of interesting dialogue in-between the action.  Judicious use of flashbacks enhanced the plot.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

I loved it.  The heroine will become the female Bruce Willis because of the amount of injuries/wounds she suffers during this 1st series.  Lots of interesting dialogue in-between the action.  Judicious use of flashbacks enhanced the plot.

+1 ... slow start, but you knew it was going to go somewhere interesting, and agree, better use of flashbacks to fill you in, than most other series try using.

I noticed on BBC iPlayer that there was a movie from the 80s, called "Manhunter", the title of which I vaguely remembered, but could remember nothing about the film itself, so I decided to watch it, and am so pleased that I did because it was a very entertaining/good movie IMO.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I noticed on BBC iPlayer that there was a movie from the 80s, called "Manhunter", the title of which I vaguely remembered, but could remember nothing about the film itself, so I decided to watch it, and am so pleased that I did because it was a very entertaining/good movie IMO.

I'm going to watch that xylo, good revues on IMDB as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

A reminder to those of you who haven't yet watched Outrageous Fortune, it's definitely the best series to have come out of New Zealand and I was gutted, when it finally came to an end and I found that there will be no more. There are a couple of websites that host all 6 seasons and if you can't find them let me know.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

For those that enjoyed The Walking Dead TV series, there is a new spinoff just released...

I didn't enjoy the walking dead program -- stated OK first 2 seasons, but then as usual , flogged to death.

I see however that IMDB gave this an incredible 9--10 when it first came out--(now down to 8.4) -so I guess give it a look

Thanks Jai Dee

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

If that's the one where Brian Cox plays Hannibal Lecter then it's excellent & (IMHO) much better than Silence of the Lambs.  

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091474/

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

If that's the one where Brian Cox plays Hannibal Lecter then it's excellent & (IMHO) much better than Silence of the Lambs.  

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091474/

Yes, thats the one........and a young looking Brian Cox was a surprise!! Also liked the music in it at the appropriate time; Iron Butterfly.....In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, as it suited the scene.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

I didn't enjoy the walking dead program -- stated OK first 2 seasons, but then as usual , flogged to death.

I see however that IMDB gave this an incredible 9--10 when it first came out--(now down to 8.4) -so I guess give it a look

Thanks Jai Dee

Agree, after the first 2 seasons they went woke. Didn't watch any more including the spinoffs.