What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

8 hours ago, xylophone said:

Just finished the JS series, "The Reckoning" and thought it was good, although not as good as some of the reports I read. Having said, that the man was an animal and an evil human being if that's what you could call him, and I thought Steve Coogan played him well with a lot of typical JS mannerisms.

I am now three quarters of the way through the series, "The Long Shadow" and what has stood out for me was the absolute bungling by the police force, with hardly an ounce of brain between the bunch of them........how on earth such dunderheads ever got to be in such positions of authority in the British police force, is beyond me.

On that point, it became terribly frustrating (for me anyway) watching these drongos try to go about their business, because they didn't have a clue.

JS story:

A quote by one of his victims:

” I think in his sick mind he believed that doing good somehow cancelled out his deplorable acts “ ( or words to that effect ) seemed very plausible.

PS story:

I had read/heard a few times that he had been interviewed 5 times prior to his arrest, was surprised to hear in this drama that he was interviewed 9 times !!

10 hours ago, xylophone said:

I finally finished the series, "The Long Shadow" and it left me feeling very angry (I know it was only a television series, but it was a true story) because of the absolute stupidity and pigheadedness of the detectives in charge of the case, and for me it really didn't go far enough in exposing these idiots for what they were – – they should have been immediately dismissed from the police force and lost all rights to pension and other benefits because their negligence resulted in many more murders.

They had the intelligence of a pickled squid and that's paying them far too much in the way of compliments.

I've just started watching The Long Shadow and it's good so far IMHO.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Apologies if it's already been mentioned but I started watching the Fall of the House of User last night & am really enjoying it so far... 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15567174/  

To secure their fortune (and future) two ruthless siblings build a family dynasty that begins to crumble when their heirs mysteriously die, one by one.

Thanks @Mike Teavee. Downloading now from TGx. Also on TPB & 1337x.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just watched a documentary Everybody In The Place - I kind of enjoyed it but he rattled on too much about the miners strike, I do recognize the connection of the thatcher years and the Bright bill. but anyway, if it appeals, worth a watch.

Edited by recom273
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont know if it is of any interest to most---but the Disney production of "Coleen Rooney The Real Wagatha Story"  in 3 parts,  have all have just dropped a few hours ago...... I saw it on EZTV

2 Chav's go toe to toe.............:coffee1:

• Like 1

Binged on  De 12 van Schouwendam.

I found it a bit amateurish compared to similar US or UK series and there were a number of plot twists with questionable believability.

But it was still a good watch.

The main reason for me was the acting of the lead female detective. I found her hilarious.

16 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Just discovered this, a little late but loving it .

Penny Dreadful (2014 - 2016 ) 3 seasons.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2628232/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Vampires, werewolves, Dr Frankenstein c/w monsters plus all sorts of evil beings in this drama/fantasy/horror starring Josh Hartnett, Timothy Dalton, Rory Kinnear, Harry Treadaway and Billie Piper with plenty of other “ I know the face but can’t remember the name “ actors.

If you like a bit of blood and gore , plus quite a lot of graphic nudity, then this is for you.

It was a great series, I still have all episodes in my archives ready to watch again.

You forgot to mention Eva Green who for me is the star of the show  😄

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Thanks, an excellent show IMHO

Yer its a good series --if you haven't read all the (30+) books --- but couldn't put them down once I started....:coffee1:

But Maybe this was written just for TV......... because--dont want to say why & spoil it

Bosch is now making a living as a private investigator two years after he quit the LAPD and finds himself working with one time enemy and top-notch attorney Honey "Money" Chandler. Meanwhile, Bosch's daughter Maddie is venturing into the world of the LAPD.

Edited by oxo1947

On 10/19/2023 at 11:29 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Just discovered this, a little late but loving it .

Penny Dreadful (2014 - 2016 ) 3 seasons.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2628232/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Vampires, werewolves, Dr Frankenstein c/w monsters plus all sorts of evil beings in this drama/fantasy/horror starring Josh Hartnett, Timothy Dalton, Rory Kinnear, Harry Treadaway and Billie Piper with plenty of other “ I know the face but can’t remember the name “ actors.

If you like a bit of blood and gore , plus quite a lot of graphic nudity, then this is for you.

Thanks @Andrew Dwyer. Downloading S1-3 now from TGx. Also on 1337x & Kickass.

• Thumbs Up 1