What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

17 minutes ago, Henk Langeweg said:

Thai movie that everybody talks about. Available somewhere?

The Undertaker.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29633446/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_2_tt_7_nm_1_q_the%20undertaker

Haven’t seen that one but this is available to stream on fmovies and probably elsewhere.

The Murderer 

“ When an English man is accused of murdering his Thai in-laws, his wife is the only witness that stands between guilt and freedom. “ 

Thai comedy that uses all the Isaan v Farang stereotypes commonly discussed on here.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22696230/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Henk Langeweg said:

Thai movie that everybody talks about. Available somewhere?

The Undertaker.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29633446/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_2_tt_7_nm_1_q_the%20undertaker

I saw it in the theater and thought it was great. My wife, my 20 year old son and my office manager all loved it as well. Still in theaters and I think they want it to go international. 

Try looking for it as: Sup-Pa-Rer

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

How was it? 

Watched it last night and thought it was good, but not great. Definitely worth watching if you like action movies that are a bit dark. It was very slow to get going, but worth it in the end.

• Agree 1

The best series I've seen on 9/11.

Modern history can be divided into two time frames: before 9/11 and after 9/11. This five-part docuseries from director Brian Knappenberger is a cohesive chronicle of the September 11, 2001 attacks on the U.S., offering illuminating perspectives and personal stories of how the catastrophic events of that day changed the course of the nation. From the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979 to the country’s breathtaking collapse back into the hands of the Taliban just weeks before the twentieth anniversary of the attacks, history continues to be made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK. this is a youtube thing but I think it fits in this topic because it's long and unique.

Bald and Bankrupt a famous youtuber who specialized in Russian travel videos was kicked out of Russia by the government, ironically because he never had a bad word to say about Putin. But he has reinvented himself in a big way.

I've seen a number of documentaries about the lawless and deadly Darien gap over the years, but never anything like this. He makes it real to the viewer because he actually did it all himself posing as a refugee definitely majority risking his life. 

I think the theme will continue going further north, but not sure yet.

• Thanks 2

On 11/8/2023 at 1:17 PM, Seppius said:

This was good for me, might only appeal to Brits. Torrent available usual places

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14124080/

Ageing Michael Caine and Glenda Jackson based on a true story of Bernard Jordan escapes from his care home to attend the 70th Anniversary of the D-Day Landings in France.

I watched about half of this movie and then switched it off, because I couldn't put up with seeing a very old and decrepit Glenda Jackson, not to mention the same with Michael Caine, on the screen, especially as I remember them as they used to be.

Might seem a little silly, but I am not a fan of seeing decrepit oldies limp around the screen, and in addition the scenes on the battleship from World War II were very amateurish IMO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Yes OK movie, I don't think he spoke more than ten lines through the whole thing :biggrin:

Ok is a good way to describe it, but how ridiculous most stuff has gotten....

Just watched QT's "Hostal" and enjoyed it a bit more, but pretty stupid as well. 

Watching "Hypnotic" now, and it started off okay, but with each scene, I think it cannot get any more ridiculous, but each time I have been wrong

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Ok is a good way to describe it, but how ridiculous most stuff has gotten....

Just watched QT's "Hostal" and enjoyed it a bit more, but pretty stupid as well. 

Watching "Hypnotic" now, and it started off okay, but with each scene, I think it cannot get any more ridiculous, but each time I have been wrong

What is QT's Hostal? QT I assume is Quentin Tarantino but never heard of a movie called "Hostal". BTW, Hypnotic is definitely in the top ten worst movies I've ever seen.

Edited by giddyup
  • Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What is QT's Hostal? QT I assume is Quentin Tarantino but never heard of a movie called "Hostal". BTW, Hypnotic is definitely in the top ten worst movies I've ever seen.

Yes, I spelled it wrong.

I finished "Hypnotic" and thought the second half better than the first, but still pretty silly.

34 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, I spelled it wrong.

I finished "Hypnotic" and thought the second half better than the first, but still pretty silly.

What does the movie Hostel have to do with QT? He was only a producer, it was an Eli Roth directed movie.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1