Buriram: Many victims bitten by "mad"  Thai street dog "foaming at the mouth" - rabies fears

webfact

10 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What no mention of it being a Pit Bull? If there had this would be at least a 20 page thread.

I'm not sure what your point is.  If it was a Pit Bull, it probably would have been worse, and the fact that a non-Pit Bull dog can catch rabies, go crazy, and bite a load of people, does not stop Pit Bulls from being more dangerous.

People will, of course, discuss how dangerous it is to have street dogs roaming the street generally (even non-Pit Bulls), but that won't lead to pages of argument as it doesn't trigger Pit Bull appreciators who believe them to be no more dangerous than a Labrador.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Purdey said:

The vaccine was tested as normal with clinical trials etc.

No it didn't. It was missing literal years of trial data which would have captured the risks we know about now if it was run longer. Some countries (Canada off the top of my head) retracted use of the vaccine for certain age groups AFTER learning of negative side effects.

1 hour ago, Foghorn said:

Near my home they have the cages out to collect the stray dogs , after childrens day they will be released to cause mayhem again 

I guess back to carrying a stick on your way to school to fend off the dogs. ????‍♂️

???? > ????????

Edited by NorthernRyland

If I ever get bitten by a soi dog, I'll not only get the vaccine shots (which are relatively painless these days), but also antiserum injected close to the bite sit.   Antiserum is a lot more expensive, but rabies is nothing to mess around with.    

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dcheech said:

That rabies vaccine is gnarly too. Given the wussified world we live in, wonder how many will refuse to get vaccinated. As always up2U   ????

You dont get vaccinated for rabies. Just saying as you are obviously not aware of that.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, proton said:

No the main reason was not that, or Buddhism- the publication cannot be discussed. 

Are you trying to say the culling did not get stopped?

Are you trying to say that the Thai government were not deliberately humiliated in the international press by western celebrities?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

... dog owners just say, "Not my dog"

We encountered this denial of ownership/responsibility when my partner was knocked off her bike while cycling to the gym, and bitten - rabies shots ensued.

It was just a dog they fed, not theirs.

It 'went away'. They could hardly complain, since it wasn't theirs.

It would be a different story if the bike had hit the dog, they would be queing up to claim ownership, and compensation.

Learning fast from the west.

• Thumbs Up 1