Special team on hunt for merciless gunman who killed British ex-pat in Pattaya

webfact

Special team on hunt for merciless gunman who killed British ex-pat in Pattaya
By Tanakorn Panyadee

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Chonburi Police Region 2 is hunting down a mysterious murderer who shot and killed a retired British engineer yesterday, January 5th.

Pol. Lt. Col. Ittipon Ittisaranachai, chief of Police Region 2, called for a meeting of immigration officials, tourist police, and investigators to track down the suspect who shot a 70-year-old British man to death last night.

The victim was brutally shot four times in the back, according to police

Pol. Lt. Col. Ittipon told The Pattaya News the motive behind the murder still cannot be disclosed, but he assured the media that the case is progressing well.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/06/update-special-team-on-hunt-for-merciless-gunman-who-killed-british-ex-pat-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-01-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol. Lt. Col. Ittipon told The Pattaya News the motive behind the murder still cannot be disclosed, but he assured the media that the case is progressing well.

Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Farang Thay said:

Get the girlfriend in a cell for some (not so) gentle persuasion is the quickest route to the murderer?

The article says 

His wife’s testimony to the police could not be revealed but police did not call her a person of interest, only that they had interviewed her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spermwhale said:

It's likely a mistranslation. All of these articles are either written in English by Thais or written in Thai and translated into English by a Thai who is relatively fluent in English. I worked as sub editor at both the Nation and Bangkok Post and I'll tell you there was always vague phrases like that or misuse of words that would raise questions. A good copy editor would have gone back to the reporter to make sure that he wrote was correct. My bet is that the police said that they are unable to say what the motive was. 

No, not good enough. The forum's armchair sleuths will wonder why they are 'unable to say' as in the "who is stopping them from saying?" sort of Huayyai gangster kingpin nonsense conjecture.

Easier just to say that the police haven't discovered a motive yet.

I lived on the dark side of Pattaya and the Huayyai area always had a reputation of being a bit of a black hole for the bad guys, sort of the 'badlands' of the dark side. As I settle in my armchair, I think this is probably a gangland hit gone wrong and a case of mistaken identity. Someone, somewhere out there used to have the same model/color motorbike as the victim.

RIP

• Like 1

The way i see it, it's either a mistaken identity, or the guy made enemies somehow to such an extant that the only way to 'resolve' the situation is to 'hit' the man, in any case, i very much hope that what ever it is, the truth will come to light very soon...

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

No, not good enough. The forum's armchair sleuths will wonder why they are 'unable to say' as in the "who is stopping them from saying?" sort of Huayyai gangster kingpin nonsense conjecture.

I lived on the dark side of Pattaya and the Huayyai area always had a reputation of being a bit of a black hole for the bad guys, sort of the 'badlands' of the dark side. As I settle in my armchair, I think this is probably a gangland hit gone wrong and a case of mistaken identity. Someone, somewhere out there used to have the same model/color motorbike as the victim.

RIP

Don't settle too far back because if you look up the answers may be in the stars themselves. 

3 hours ago, spermwhale said:

It's likely a mistranslation. All of these articles are either written in English by Thais or written in Thai and translated into English by a Thai who is relatively fluent in English. I worked as sub editor at both the Nation and Bangkok Post and I'll tell you there was always vague phrases like that or misuse of words that would raise questions. A good copy editor would have gone back to the reporter to make sure that he wrote was correct. My bet is that the police said that they are unable to say what the motive was. 

agree, i have proof read english translations by thais and you really need the author sitting with you to ensure accurate understanding/interpretation of, for example; phrases, modals, nuances, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

RIP

There is no borders of where to find the bad guys, like Manhattan and Bronx back in the days, but anyway, interesting observation. 

2 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Looks eerily quiet, at 9:17. Is this Pattaya?

Does look quiet, but given the post just before you, looks like it may well have done its job. Seems the BiB tracked him down pretty damn fast.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Appears (from Matichon News) an arrest made last night. 

50 police from Chonburi, fully armed, besieged the suspect's house at the end of Soi 12 approximately 500 meters away from the crime scene.

Abhisha Boonsawat, charges of murder, and firearms offences.

Actually it says the SWAT guys and many other colleagues in tight brown uniforms went to the suspect's house and waited 3 hours before it became apparent that he wasn't home. Then they issued the arrest warrant.

It also says that road rage is suspected as the cause, and that the previous week the suspect had argued with a foreigner (doesn't make clear if the same person as the victim) in the housing development and had threatened that person with a gun.

Edited by BKKBike09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Actually it says the SWAT guys and many other colleagues in tight brown uniforms went to the suspect's house and waited 3 hours before it became apparent that he wasn't home. Then they issued the arrest warrant.

It also says that road rage is suspected as the cause, and that the previous week the suspect had argued with a foreigner (doesn't make clear if the same person as the victim) in the housing development and had threatened that person with a gun.

Apologies my error.

Re para 2 - the victim was reported as having been in UK 24 December to 4 January, So timeframe could be wrong on prior argument? Anyhow, progress being made.

Let me play Devil's advocate for a second......lol

WE KNOW ABOUT PATTAYA!!!!!!    We all know it's actually really dirty, shady, and if I had kids I would NEVER tell them to visit.   so, this engineer knew the risks for sure.    wanted excitement?  nobody goes to Pattaya for the seafood.

Pattaya is false smiles, sure.  But if he went to, say, Udon Thani, the odds of this happening goes way down!!!!   Could happen to all of us, but Pattaya clearly offers more risk.   He knew he could have chosen Udon and didn't.  NOT his fault at all!!!!  Not blaming him at all. But I'm sure every falang in Pattaya knows it's sus.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Appears (from Matichon News) an arrest made last night. 

50 police from Chonburi, fully armed, besieged the suspect's house at the end of Soi 12 approximately 500 meters away from the crime scene.

Abhisha Boonsawat, charges of murder, and firearms offences.

spacer.png

Were careful as the offender was trained in tactical firearms ? so RTA or RTP ??

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

The way i see it, it's either a mistaken identity, or the guy made enemies somehow to such an extant that the only way to 'resolve' the situation is to 'hit' the man, in any case, i very much hope that what ever it is, the truth will come to light very soon...

Doesn't seem like he was an introvert.