Famous Bargirl Lies

Danderman123

I went to Ban Chang last night, but couldn't post on Facebook, because a bargirl told her Thai boyfriend that she spent last night in my condo. Of course, she spent the night in a hotel with boyfriend #2.

So, bargirls don't just lie to Farangs.

• Haha 2

I was conned by a bargirl!

While drinking with a lady in a bar, I suggested we go to my condo, and I paid her barfine. Once in my condo, we proceeded to drink tequila for a couple of hours.

And then my phone rang - it was her Thai boyfriend calling me! 

Bottom line: he texted that he was angry and was coming to my condo to break up with his girlfriend. I ignored him, and the lady said it was no big deal, she didn't care. But, after some time, she said that her aunt was in trouble at "Marine" and she had to go. I paid her 50% of the usual.

The next day she post the two of them at the beach in Sattahip.

The real story is that she wanted to take the night off, but needed someone to pay her barfine. I happened to be the sucker. She obviously told her boyfriend to call me after a couple of hours in my condo and to pretend to be angry.

So, after a year, I won't be her customer anymore.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I was conned by a bargirl!

While drinking with a lady in a bar, I suggested we go to my condo, and I paid her barfine. Once in my condo, we proceeded to drink tequila for a couple of hours.

And then my phone rang - it was her Thai boyfriend calling me! 

Bottom line: he texted that he was angry and was coming to my condo to break up with his girlfriend. I ignored him, and the lady said it was no big deal, she didn't care. But, after some time, she said that her aunt was in trouble at "Marine" and she had to go. I paid her 50% of the usual.

The next day she post the two of them at the beach in Sattahip.

The real story is that she wanted to take the night off, but needed someone to pay her barfine. I happened to be the sucker. She obviously told her boyfriend to call me after a couple of hours in my condo and to pretend to be angry.

So, after a year, I won't be her customer anymore.

What goes around,  comes around ????

• Confused 1

On 1/8/2023 at 10:18 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

IMHO that depends entirely on you - or her.

I had (in my mind) great sex with some girls and even if they told me their name, I forgot it within days. 

I had boring sex with some girls, and I forgot them the moment I walked out of the door.

And then it happened with a few girls that they were on my mind and in my heart for some time - even without any sex.

It depends mostly on us what we feel and think.

I think there is something in that. I tell my wife I have been with many Thai ladies, but it is only her I fell in love with. Most ladies are forgotten when they are out of sight. But I knew I was in love with this one when she went back to Thailand and I really, really missed her and couldn't stop thinking about her. So why her, and not the many other ladies? I really don't know.

I must admit I have some sympathy with the often desperate blokes who fall in love in what everyone else can see is a hopeless relationship. I'm not sure we choose who we fall in love with, it just happens if we are open to the possibility.

Why are Thai ladies over-represented in the sex industry wherever you go in the world? It must have something to do with the Thai trait of living for the moment and not obsessing about the past or worrying about the future. Having said that, some Thai ladies will think too much and never adapt to the trade. I remember one lady who had a client die on her. She went crazy after that, and who can blame her.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 7:09 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Do we, most of us, really want to know? And is it fair?

Would I want that a possible gf knows everything about my life? I didn't do any crimes but in the hindsight there are also some moments where I should have behaved better.

I think we should mostly look at a person how he/she is now and don't think about too much with how many people this person had sex and how and where and all that.

And it seems some girls are pretty good in separating their job from their personality. Maybe it is similar to actors. Only because a guy plays always the bad guy doesn't mean that is how he is. And if a girl plays a role for an hour that doesn't have to damage her if she separates her role from the rest of her life. At least I guess it works similar to that.

absolutely agree.........delving into their past without their consent is only likely to unearth skeletons - which we all have anyway. best to leave the past in the past as much as is possible and judge people on the now I think.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/7/2023 at 2:11 PM, Danderman123 said:

Ladies who work bar are well known for their lies, with the most famous being "I no like young man".

However, there are some girls that don't like young men for whatever reason...:whistling:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

absolutely agree.........delving into their past without their consent is only likely to unearth skeletons - which we all have anyway. best to leave the past in the past as much as is possible and judge people on the now I think.

I agree with both those posts - and would add that quite often, the more "interesting" a person's past, the more interesting the person. After all, we're all the sum of our experiences...hopefully experiences from which we've learned something.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/7/2023 at 6:23 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, that is what the customer thinks.

You did a great job, girl. 

But to be fair, I don't think there is a big difference between women who marry rich guys and prostitutes who take money from the same guys. All of them want money and a good life - and why not.

Well , which girl / lady wouldn’t prefer a guy with money ? Rather someone broke, yes, if you know he’s the love of your life. Ask yourself also, why do THai girls  prefer Thai men ? Because same culture maybe. I have a few friends who married well, have great lives , nice homes/ cars/holidays  and appreciate their husbands even if they are not madly in love with them. Trouble is, Rich men usually have the choice of the prettiest wives, 

not poor bargirls.

I may be a bit slow, but I figured this out this week.

If a bargirl really needs money, she will ask to come to my condo to earn some money. That rarely happens.

If she is simply accumulating money, she will ask for me to send  money for nothing. And will ask everyone she knows, usually prior to leaving Pattaya for a long time.

Edited by Danderman123

On 5/11/2023 at 3:23 AM, NextG said:

It has a lot more to offer than easy women ☺️
When I first arrived, I stayed at a beach bungalow a few metres from the water’s edge. Was a paradise that few wanted to leave. My life isn’t that different now. 
Not everyone came for the girls and to be honest, 99% of them weren’t my type. I mostly met western women in the capital and the islands. Travel was to broaden my horizons. In fact most of my peers were appalled at the sex tourism. But then it was limited to certain enclaves. It was more like a kind of funny zoo to us. The sex tourists would describe us as ‘dirty backpackers’ whilst trying to convince themselves that they were somewhat better than us. 
Then came a wave of ‘chavs’ who discovered that ‘cheap sex’ was available and sex tourism began to encroach other areas.  
So please believe me… there is a whole other world outside your imagination. 

If you've been in Thailand for a while, and you've actually 'broadened your horizons', then you know that in the eyes of a good many Thais, the sex tourist is superior to the backpacker, because the sex tourist spends money.

Thailand does have a lot to offer outside of the bar industry, but the primary goal of most Thais is money. Status is a huge desire. Face is everything. Wealth is face. Thais buy lottery tickets at a faster pace than even the US, where lottery prizes are massive compared to the paltry winnings in Thailand. All those ticket peddlers walking the street carrying their wooden box of 'lucky tickets' suggest money is a primary societal goal. Making an offering at a temple---so that it will come back a hundredfold---is ubiquitous. Even good health is a distant second to money.

Wealth also suggests to the faithful that one is being rewarded for living a previous virtuous life. It doesn't matter how one gains that face; it only matters if the goal of wealth, and hence the face it conveys, is achieved. That is why bargirls lie. It's a kind of Bayesian Inference: they lie to get money because having money is proof of their goodness. Bargirls know that their gift from the gods was looks, and as this thread also shows, a bit of guile plus looks can lead a woman to the promised land. The guile comes in the form of lies and tactics that would make a used car salesman or a CIA case officer applaud.

With all that being said, who might be the most desired tourist? It isn't the backbacker and Full Moon Party devotee. It's a rich person who will spend, even if the spending is on bargirls. A smitten sex tourist will wine and dine his teerak, maybe clothe her, maybe aid a sick buffalo (the proverbial bargirl lie) or fix a leaky roof (a close second), and probably buy her gold. Lots of business people benefit from that spending, far more than the folks who buy baggy elephant pants or banana pancakes.

I can appreciate a gaggle of Western GenZers might consider themselves somehow superior to the sex tourists, but that is an opinion shared only among themselves, that demo that is the Participation Trophy Generation who are convinced they have thought thoughts no human before them ever thought. It is delusion, the very hallmark of GenZ and Millennials. That ilk also carries along a morality that does not exist in Thailand, where things are more flexible. A corrupt to the core person who is wealthy is 'respected', even if he or she never made an honest baht. Women who earn a lot from offering pleasure to tourists, and who subsequently build a family home in Isaan, are respected members of their village, and their family gains face.

So sick buffalos, leaky roofs, 'don't like young men', 'don't like Thai men', 'you sooo han sum' are lies, but with a socially acceptable goal in mind.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

If you've been in Thailand for a while, and you've actually 'broadened your horizons', then you know that in the eyes of a good many Thais, the sex tourist is superior to the backpacker, because the sex tourist spends money.

Thailand does have a lot to offer outside of the bar industry, but the primary goal of most Thais is money. Status is a huge desire. Face is everything. Wealth is face. Thais buy lottery tickets at a faster pace than even the US, where lottery prizes are massive compared to the paltry winnings in Thailand. All those ticket peddlers walking the street carrying their wooden box of 'lucky tickets' suggest money is a primary societal goal. Making an offering at a temple---so that it will come back a hundredfold---is ubiquitous. Even good health is a distant second to money.

Wealth also suggests to the faithful that one is being rewarded for living a previous virtuous life. It doesn't matter how one gains that face; it only matters if the goal of wealth, and hence the face it conveys, is achieved. That is why bargirls lie. It's a kind of Bayesian Inference: they lie to get money because having money is proof of their goodness. Bargirls know that their gift from the gods was looks, and as this thread also shows, a bit of guile plus looks can lead a woman to the promised land. The guile comes in the form of lies and tactics that would make a used car salesman or a CIA case officer applaud.

With all that being said, who might be the most desired tourist? It isn't the backbacker and Full Moon Party devotee. It's a rich person who will spend, even if the spending is on bargirls. A smitten sex tourist will wine and dine his teerak, maybe clothe her, maybe aid a sick buffalo (the proverbial bargirl lie) or fix a leaky roof (a close second), and probably buy her gold. Lots of business people benefit from that spending, far more than the folks who buy baggy elephant pants or banana pancakes.

I can appreciate a gaggle of Western GenZers might consider themselves somehow superior to the sex tourists, but that is an opinion shared only among themselves, that demo that is the Participation Trophy Generation who are convinced they have thought thoughts no human before them ever thought. It is delusion, the very hallmark of GenZ and Millennials. That ilk also carries along a morality that does not exist in Thailand, where things are more flexible. A corrupt to the core person who is wealthy is 'respected', even if he or she never made an honest baht. Women who earn a lot from offering pleasure to tourists, and who subsequently build a family home in Isaan, are respected members of their village, and their family gains face.

So sick buffalos, leaky roofs, 'don't like young men', 'don't like Thai men', 'you sooo han sum' are lies, but with a socially acceptable goal in mind.

Nice essay, but also somewhat condescending.  
If you were responding to what I wrote,?what I actually stated was that it was the sex tourists referring to us ‘non sex tourists’ as dirty backpackers. 
Sex tourism was more like a kind of zoo to us. We could take a look, but didn’t jump inside the cage and try to sleep with the animals. 
I understand that money corrupts and that you had a lot of it, but if you think that granted you more respect, you too have a lot to learn. 
Live in a cesspit for long enough and it might seem normal. But not to those who live in an altogether cleaner environment. 

P.S. Not all backpackers are poor and not all backpackers are actually backpacking. I had a backpack, but spent 45k per month on my accommodation alone…. and this was a while back.