Where to find a girl friend in Thailand?

Hummin

Where to meet a girl friend?   

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 1/8/2023 at 10:54 AM, Hummin said:

married or not, with girls who chased foreigners to get a decent life. Non of us ask each other where we met, and we really do not care, but my guess, most of us met a girl who for sure have a history. Common for everyone, they speak decent english, know western culture and food, and very few have higher education. Not everyone is from Isaan, just to mention. 

This was not my experience at all.

My wife had no history in a bar, she didn't speak English since high school, she was born in Bangkok and to this day is not crazy about western food. University nothing spectacular but she paid it herself. Mediocre yet very fun job paying low 20s, benefits and 3.5 weeks paid holidays.

I'd say it's poss6but highly improbable you'll find a rose amongst the weeds in the Thai bar scene. At least the sex should be good

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 7:19 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

It obviously depends a lot on what we want.

If I would want a normal woman in my age group who has a decent job, then I wouldn't look in a bar. 

But if I want a pretty young cute girl then it is unlikely that I will find her at work. And even if I would find such a girl at my work then probably she wouldn't select the (almost) oldest guy in the office.

I would look in bars and other places for girls who just started in that business and who are shy and who like a nice lifestyle but who are not yet used to bar business. If they don't know a word of English that is perfect. Take her out, make her happy, and never let her return to the bar - at least not alone for an extended time.

asian-sexy-7.jpg.f39343c0dc52d315fb5d541a1680d7af.jpg

Got a pic similar to that of my long-term Thai g/f since 2012...turned into a dragon now though hasn't she. ...oh boy.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

I think the intellectuals in very short supply so I'm going to disagree. Even amongst teachers it's pretty much plod

"Even amongst teachers" - 555

No, when I think about intellectuals then teachers, especially those low paid English teachers in Thailand, are not on my mind.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/9/2023 at 5:15 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it is perfectly ok to know intellectuals and talk with them about difficult questions and also enjoy the company of young girls who are not well educated and all in between. And the beauty of Thailand is that it is easily possible to find and interact with all kinds. 

Don't think I've ever met anyone in Thailand with an IQ over 110.

That's Thais and foreigners.

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2023 at 12:26 AM, JensenZ said:

There seems to be a lot of dreamers on this forum that think they are in a real relationship with someone that loves them. Sure, your partner is different. A contractual relationship is not a bad thing at all. It's an improvement on being deluded that your relationship with a Thai woman is genuine... and in most cases it can be cheaper.

No heterosexual relationship is 'genuine'.

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2023 at 11:15 AM, Celsius said:

People can post this stoopid batman meme as much as they like, but I did meet my Chinese Thai wife on Tinder. She works in industrial manufacturing, knows more about cars than any of you, in the old days opened dozens of 7/11 franchises for her clients and makes a lot more money than your British government pension. 

Looks like a slight sense of humor failure. :giggle:

1.JPG

Edited by Orinoco

38 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Looks like a slight sense of humor failure. :giggle:

1.JPG

Like Andrew Tate this meme has been everywhere, mostly posted by sexpats who know no better. Up to you if you still find this meme funny after 20 years.... cringe

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Like Andrew Tate this meme has been everywhere, mostly posted by sexpats who know no better. Up to you if you still find this meme funny after 20 years.... cringe

Why you so offended by a joke.

Grow up, get a life. 

Ps I forgot. :cheesy:

1.JPG

Edited by Orinoco
  • Love It 1

25 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

that's a silly comment.

when there isn't a monumental age gap and the woman has her own job and you're not filthy rich, she's there for genuine reasons. 

Read B2's signature 

Edited by KhunLA

15 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

is it just an innocent joke?

or is there a touch of envy behind it?

Apparently Smiley's aren't allowed in post anymore.  So yeah, hard to tell what is a joke now.   That should raise the post counts with arguing about

"why you say that, that's not funny"

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Don't think I've ever met anyone in Thailand with an IQ over 110.

That's Thais and foreigners.

How do you know?

I met many intelligent people in Thailand. At work and also in some bars.

And I also saw often enough when bar girls outsmarted people who thought they were intelligent. ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/8/2023 at 11:27 AM, Caldera said:

I'm not in the market for a Thai girlfriend, but I couldn't help but notice that Café Amazon girls are, more often than not, polite and beautiful. Some are also quite flirty.

It’s just the Thai way, they’re paid to give the impression of pleasing the customer. They’re not showing out (unfortunately).

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 7:22 AM, Elkski said:

I had good luck finding many nice older Thai women ...

Couldn’t suffer reading this entire post, just one lengthy paragraph with absolutely no breaks ????

Edited by ArnieP
  • Like 1

'Trip over girl' was back in the car park this morning. If you have the cash to take care of her, nothing extravagant, are not a dinosaur, or beaten with an ugly stick, should not be a problem. 

Edited by Dcheech
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 7:22 AM, Elkski said:

I had good luck finding many nice older Thai women 

Why would anyone want an older woman ... 25-30 yr old when meeting, is about right.  Mature enough and set in their ways enough, so you know they won't be changing in couple years.    If in for long haul, or short term for just fun.