Beach Road, what's up?

swissie

Haven't been there in 3 years. Closures of Bars, shops? New openings? Heard that McDonalds (Beach Road/Soi Post Office) and Foodland (in the mall) have closed. Any old or new Hot-Spots on Beach-Road or in the Soi's adjacent to BR?

I assume that the daily/nightly happenings on Beach Road haven't changed that much. Same same would be OK with me.

Starbucks beach road/soi Yamoto is gone.

Pizza shop on next block, beside Hops Brewhouse also gone.

Next block McDonalds has reopened.

Beach road daytime aka coconut bar very few FL. Many alcoholics and drug addicts, currently in front of Mike and Central, creating fights and disturbance. In need of clean up, by police and tessakit officers.

Compared to 3 years ago, beach road has become a shadow of former glory days, deserted ????

After dark still some action.

All about soi Buakhao now, near McDonalds and Treetown. That's where all people go. Beach road was the past.

Edited by Shop mak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 2baht said:

Gold baring Indians and light fingered, thieving ladyboys?

Less indians by the day, thanks to the new requirement in India, to test for covid upon return home. New arrivals not likely.

Less ladyboys as well thanks to last months cleanup, photo registration of Lb on beach road. They used to find their indian supposed 'victims' on second road nighttime.

2 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Less indians by the day, thanks to the new requirement in India, to test for covid upon return home. New arrivals not likely.

Less ladyboys as well thanks to last months cleanup, photo registration of Lb on beach road. They used to find their indian supposed 'victims' on second road nighttime.

Never mind, the Chinese will be back in droves real soon!

• Sad 1

Haven't been there in 3 years. Closures of Bars, shops? New openings? Heard that McDonalds (Beach Road/Soi Post Office) and Foodland (in the mall) have closed. Any old or new Hot-Spots on Beach-Road or in the Soi's adjacent to BR?

Why don't you get off your ass and go, then you'll know what's opened and closed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shop mak said:

Less indians by the day

But a number of new Indian restaurants.

A big one has taken the place of former Pizza Hut at corner Soi 13/2 (Soi Post).

At Mike Shopping entrance there is a new cafe/"Cocktail Lounge" on the left and a big Kebab/Turkish place to the right. Both "Pasha's".

Beach rd. consists mainly of Five Star Bar for me :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ

15 hours ago, Shop mak said:

Starbucks beach road/soi Yamoto is gone.

Pizza shop on next block, beside Hops Brewhouse also gone.

Next block McDonalds has reopened.

Beach road daytime aka coconut bar very few FL. Many alcoholics and drug addicts, currently in front of Mike and Central, creating fights and disturbance. In need of clean up, by police and tessakit officers.

Compared to 3 years ago, beach road has become a shadow of former glory days, deserted ????

After dark still some action.

All about soi Buakhao now, near McDonalds and Treetown. That's where all people go. Beach road was the past.

McDonalds open again is a positive. I realise that BR is not the same, but as long as there is still "some action after dark" this will suffice.

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

But a number of new Indian restaurants.

A big one has taken the place of former Pizza Hut at corner Soi 13/2 (Soi Post).

At Mike Shopping entrance there is a new cafe/"Cocktail Lounge" on the left and a big Kebab/Turkish place to the right. Both "Pasha's".

Beach rd. consists mainly of Five Star Bar for me :biggrin:

Glad that Fife Star Bar is still around.

4 hours ago, Screaming said:

It seems like the walking path is getting thinner each year as the powers to be keep cutting into the path to build more parking spaces. Not a bench to sit on to be found.

Ahh no benches. Will bring a foldable camping chair along. ????

10 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Why don't you get off your ass and go, then you'll know what's opened and closed.

Hard to get off my ass to take a quick look as long as I am still 9000 KM away from Beach Road. Planning to be in Pattaya on Feb. 1st.
I would not be asking, if I were in Pattaya already.

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

Why do you doubt it?

Obviously it's geo-specific but I've never heard anyone local refer to a Mercedes as a "Benz" in normal conversation, it's a "Merc". Does that mean others don't call them a "Benz", no, and I certainly wouldn't "doubt it" if someone says they do.

... likely story ...

9 hours ago, swissie said:

Glad that Fife Star Bar is still around.

Rock solid. Super rich clan which operates bar and hotel as a waste of time.

Another fix point is the Sailor Bar in Soi 8. Sometimes it was the only light in a deep dark Soi.

Edited by KhunBENQ

8 hours ago, JimTripper said:

A lot of stuff has closed. Covid I think.

I can't think of too many regular businesses on Beach Road that have closed but I'm sure there are some.  Most, if not all, of the big hotels are open,  D-Beach Hotel added a third highrise wing.  A-01 Hotel has re-did it's beach frontage outdoor space. One of the beach-adjacent hotels has opened a roof top 2-tier restaurant/night spot called Virgin Pattaya.  Beach Quarters restaurant opened by Amari.   An old building on Beach Road near A-01 was torn down and a nice, new coffee shop has opened in the space. 

1 hour ago, newnative said:

I can't think of too many regular businesses on Beach Road that have closed but I'm sure there are some.  Most, if not all, of the big hotels are open,  D-Beach Hotel added a third highrise wing.  A-01 Hotel has re-did its beach frontage outdoor space. One of the beach-adjacent hotels has opened a roof top 2-tier restaurant/night spot called Virgin Pattaya.  Beach Quarters restaurant opened by Amari.   An old building on Beach Road near A-01 was torn down and a nice, new coffee shop has opened in the space. 

I guess so. I just go in wherever so I don’t really care about the name.

Most of the time I don’t remember the names or specific place. How do you go to a specific place after a few beers in a sea of neon, tangled electrical wires and yelling women? Would take all night to find a specific place.

If you want to go out just go into anyplace and if you don’t like it just walk out and stumble in to the next place. If you’re searching around that way on your phone or something have a few more beers.

Edited by JimTripper