Gunman Surrenders for Murdering British Ex-pat in Pattaya Area, Blames Road Rage

webfact

19 hours ago, ross163103 said:

A little "jai yen yen" from both parties might have prevented this outcome. I learned many years ago in Asia--and particularly Thailand, about keeping calm and not letting anger into situations, plus there's the loss of face issue over here, which is very prevalent. I realize everyone's different and handle situations differently, but beware of angry Thai males, most have short fuses, and they don't forget either I learned. 

I think from my experience that females could be put into the same category  as males concerning the anger side .

• Like 2

17 hours ago, talahtnut said:

The Brit started it, loud honking and banging on

someones car...do that in any country and you

could be asking for 'red mist' bother.

So the Thai was morally right to shoot him?  A fair and proportional response?

"You sound your horn and bang on my car [if he even did that].  I shoot you dead.  We'll call it square and draw a line under the whole thing." - Something like that?

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 2

Road rage is defined here, as my ability to mature as a human being stopped at the age of 13, so I have been inflicted ever since with a mentality of a juvenile. Sorry, but I just simply don't think like an adult and I have no way to process my anger, and if someone does something that is perceived to be disrespectful to me, well I simply have to act out. 

8 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Mr Big was a real tough guy when he ambushed a old man and shot him in the back three times while he was fleeing. But he seemed to be blubbing like a baby when they took him to the cop shop and he started to see the years in the slammer unfolding in front of his eyes sleeping like sardines, sh1ting into a bucket and eating red rice. Guys like Big feel confident illegally packing a loaded gun in a car as they believe their families and their money will get them off. He probably used to fantasise about how he would use his gun, if the opportunity ever arose.  

You think he won't get away with it?

18 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Instigate what?  The shooting?

If the Brit just sat on his bike, didn't honk at the car in front of him then nothing would have happened. Right ?

The Thai man being beyond redemption notwithstanding. The Brit should have pulled out his phone and checked the football scoreboard or something. Thats what I would have done. Sometimes you just have to wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maximum penalty for murder in Thailand is 15-20 years.  Death penalty as well but very rarely applied.

Mitigating factors, good behaviour and Royal pardons, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy spends less than ten inside.  

If the account of accused is true (if can be confirmed by CCTV and/or witness statements) then the deceased bumping the back of a car and blasting his horn was a pretty foolish and hazardous thing to do here, as many of us know how violent Thais can quickly become if offended and provoked. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Here's another one talking from a position of ignorance. It was a little Snoopy scooter for heavens sake, not a Humvee. 

You are making yourself appear like a total fool with a huge grudge.

Who cares about the decibel levels of a horn and from what type of vehicle it sounded from. 

The level of anger from a deranged mind such as this Thai accused is potentially not going to be determined by the type of horn being sounded excessively behind him.  So a Snoopy has a soft horn. So?  It's the manner in which it was used that could have aggravated the situation. The combination of a horn sounded from whatever vehicle (who gives a sh** what type) and banging on someone's car could set off an unhinged man, such as alleged by this Thai. 

My argument about being careful how you behave on these roads remains the same, regardless of what horn is being applied.  A Snoopy horn doesn't mean it's not going to annoy someone.  Good luck with that mindset.  

On 1/9/2023 at 10:44 PM, riclag said:

To be fair he should be extradited to England for a proper  indictment and trial! 

Thai justice is very suspect imop

The courts here don’t seem to hand out life sentences especially after a convicted citizen shows remorse  ! Imop

Rip sir 

He hasn't committed a crime that would come under UK jurisdiction so I don't see how there could be an extradition warrant issued.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

You claim a Snoopy has a blasting great horn and preach on as if you were there, (you weren't), and I am the one looking foolish... if you cannot be objective  about what might have transpired, better not to speak.

Um, no I never stated the Snoopy scooter had a loud horn.  You've misquoted me.  I am not preaching as though I was there.  My comments are on being careful around Thai drivers and the actions you take.  

Being objective about what had transpired .... I am.  I am basing the scenario over the alleged account of events (sounding horn and banging on car).  Whether or not that actually transpired, I'll leave that up to investigators, lawyers and the judge to determine.  I don't know what really transpired.  

The final actions of the Thai man were obviously criminal and inexcusable regardless of the initial alleged provocation. 

You are obviously upset over this and I suggest mate you take a step back, take some deep breaths and relax.  

A terrible incident. I would urge people to consider what do you get if you win the argument against what you might lose. In this instance the British expats honking his horn and kicking the car might have caused the car to pull out into traffic and he might have got home 5 or 10 seconds earlier, that's it. We all now know what happened when he lost the argument 

• Haha 1

Its irrelevant what the murderer says after he made sure the only witness wouldn't be around to corroborate his statement the second and third bullet where to make sure of that.

I would say the murderer has previous form carrying a loaded gun.

If he is connected he will walk.

56 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The Snoopy doesn't, but the deceased may have had a blasting great mouth, and that's what got him killed. 

So to come out with that comment it's safe to assume you knew Neil....or is it that,as many other statements you make on various topics here, it is totally without foundation.

engage brain before opening mouth is recommended on sensitive threads such as this.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

The Snoopy doesn't, but the deceased may have had a blasting great mouth, and that's what got him killed. 

Did you know him very well, or is it your blasting great mouth taking with no idea of the truth?

If you can say nothing good or only speculate, it is better to remain silent.

The only witness to what truly happened, is the person who killed the victim by shooting him in the back, and I wouldn't believe a word he says.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

So to come out with that comment it's safe to assume you knew Neil....or is it that,as many other statements you make on various topics here, it is totally without foundation.

engage brain before opening mouth is recommended on sensitive threads such as this.

I didn't know Neil.  Merely pointing out that it may have been his words that drew trouble to him that night, not the Scoopy bike horn, as others have suggested. 

Were you with him when this incident occurred? 

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Did you know him very well, or is it your blasting great mouth taking with no idea of the truth?

If you can say nothing good or only speculate, it is better to remain silent.

The only witness to what truly happened, is the person who killed the victim by shooting him in the back, and I wouldn't believe a word he says.

I didn't know him, but as I have said in another post, I would think it was his words, and possibly his actions, rather than just beeping the Scoopy horn, that has led to this incident taking place. 

I am certainly not a Thai apologist, and this is well know through my posts. 

I am not victim blaming either, because the reaction by the other driver was of course excessive, with murderous intent. 

I just find it difficult to believe there would have ONLY been the beeping of the motorbike horn that offended / insulted the offender.  I think Neil said and / or did, more than just beep the motorbike horn. 

Did he deserve to die for it, of course not. 

Did you witness the incident? 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

I didn't know Neil.  

Were you with him when this incident occurred? 

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Did you witness the incident? 

Two witnesses only....one is dead yet some people on here are happy to accept the killers version of what happened...the police on the other hand have no CCTV evidence to corroborate what the killer alledges..... perhaps you witnessed it Leaver and this is why your blaming the deceased for his part.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/23/2023 at 12:24 AM, petermik said:

Two witnesses only....one is dead yet some people on here are happy to accept the killers version of what happened...the police on the other hand have no CCTV evidence to corroborate what the killer alledges..... perhaps you witnessed it Leaver and this is why your blaming the deceased for his part.

Read my post again.  I am not victim blaming.  I wasn't there, but then again, neither were you.   I was replying to a post where I thought beeping the Scoopy horn would not have been the cause for the escalation of violence from the offender.  There must have been more that took place to cause such a reaction.