Two Russian tourists robbed of thousands of dollars from same Pattaya hotel

webfact

16 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"Natalina Chernova said that she had put US $16,000 in her safe"....... The RTP just stated last week that they were no longer going to divulge the nationality of people in criminal investigations and here they are giving the names as well.

So what if that recommendation isn't being followed?   Did you not notice that at least one of them was happy to pose for photos that would identify him?

10 minutes ago, tomyami said:

cash in a hotel safe in pattaya is easy pickings i usually leave 1k baht note deliberately

Staff check all safes especially key card door entry ones they record all movement,

Staff rarely prosecuted hotels have massive protection here when it come to tourism

but we all know russians lie so "som nam na" 

There is a limit of 10k US out of Russia

Gawd.  So sad.

26 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

They are Russian and are in Thailand, yet they are both carrying US Dollars. Sniff, sniff..... Something doesn't smell quite right.

Why carry Rubles when the ruble could crash at any second!!!!!  Why not carry the best, safest, strongest, and best looking currency on the planet, used everywhere!!!!!  Why carry ruoubleies or whatever that might not be accepted anywhere?

what smells is  my intellect burning a hole through the garbage!!!!!     hahhahahahahahhahah.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

When in Europe most have their cash in Euros. When in the US they carry mostly dollars. When in Thailand..... get it?

When Putin decided to invade and sanctions kicked in smart Russians quickly converted their money into the dominant reserve currency before the Ruble tanked - get it?

Are you suggesting nobody turns up in Thailand with a wad of Euros, or Pounds or Dollars and if they do they immediately convert to Baht?

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 2

Just now, Salerno said:

When Putin decided to invade and sanctions kicked in smart Russians quickly converted their money into the dominant reserve currency before the Ruble tanked - get it?

and since these folks are now in Thailand and need baht to pay for things....

You'll never get it. have a great day.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

When in Europe most have their cash in Euros. When in the US they carry mostly dollars. When in Thailand..... get it?

Why are you getting so aeriated about it, how does it affect you?

Many visitors to Thailand or other SE Asian countries will arrive with USD, nothing at all unusual about that.

(Perhaps they did have most of their cash in THB and the cash in the safes were just a little bit extra in case they ran short!)   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tomyami said:
16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Those individuals are?  Really?   Pretty high chance that you do not know what you are talking about.

Are you a putin apologist ?

Even if I were (but it'd be none of your business anyway) what would that have to do with anything?   What makes you ask whether I am...anything rational?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Why would anyone put all their valuables in a small box..."

They didn't, they put the cash in "safes" for which, this century, almost none have keys.

In well managed hotels the mechanical keys are kept in a big hotel safe and accessible to management/trusted staff only.

Unfortunately these electronic gadgets are often treated negligent like admin/master pin = 000000 (factory default). 

Or the ever same pin known down to the drunk parking assistant. Experienced that at a Pattaya hotel years ago.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
3 hours ago, webfact said:

Natalina Chernova said that she had put US $16,000 in her safe.

Wow, over half a million baht, are we sure she's a tourist.............lol. 

You can only bring in $20,000 without declaration

$16,000 is a lot less than $20,000 so what's your point?

• Like 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

My point...................lol just for you repeated............

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:
3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

My point...................lol just for you repeated............

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your point only makes sense if you think that $16,000 is more than $20,000.  I don't think that it is, but I'm happy for you to explain it to me if I've got it wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Your point only makes sense if you think that $16,000 is more than $20,000.  I don't think that it is, but I'm happy for you to explain it to me if I've got it wrong.

I'm delighted to hear that you fail to comprehend what my point was................