Drunk foreigners in frame for destroying Bangkok buffalo art - Brit refuses to pay up or say sorry

webfact

2 hours ago, Mayhem11 said:

What ıs the evıdence ıt was drunk ferangs and not drunk khon thaı?

They said that "video evidence" from the scene showed the pair fleeing alongside two German tourists before they were apprehended by security and taken to a local police station.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1718901/Drunk-British-tourists-Bangkok-Thailand-art-exhibit

zzzzzzzzzzz

nothing to see here.

get him an expedited court hearing, 3000 baht damages and 20.000 fine for wasting everyone's time, remanded to prison at a rate of 100 baht/day until damages and fine are covered by time or paid, deport, blacklist. sign, stamp, end of, next.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Are you joking? 

We have all done this kind of thing when drunk. 

That may be so but is’nt it amazing that it is only the Brits who get named!

according to the reports Germans were involved as well but only the Brit was named perhaps Adolf Hitler is too difficult to spell correctly ? ?

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Are you joking? 

We have all done this kind of thing when drunk. 

No, we haven't. Even if we "all did this kind of thing", a spell in a jail might help break thru the alcohol haze

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Well perhaps I should have said, back in the day, when only the adventurous came to Thailand, this thing happened a lot. Remember it was the anti authority hippies that made here popular, and if not for them, the retired civil servants, dentists, and boring old farts wouldn't be here. 

Young people got drunk and rode a buffalo statue, big deal. 

Apparently ferang thai citizens are stumping up for the damages? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

<deleted>, he just jumped on a statue and never realised it was weak.

I'd rather kick out the tourist that goes to Pattaya for sex, they give us Westerners a worse name. 

With whom do these tourists have this sex with please? And are Indians classed as Westerners?

On 1/9/2023 at 6:13 AM, cdemundo said:

"British people are known for drinking a lot of alcohol and being noisy."

Nasty people are known for drinking a lot of alcohol and being noisy; not just British.

I have not noticed any particular nationality having a monopoly on this type of behavior.

Maybe I am just not observant.

You surely must admit the British are overrepresented in the art of being nasty drunks, no? Maybe you're just not observant?

• Haha 2

I doubt it was intentional vandalism, it sounds like it was just high spirits that went too far. In other words an unfortunate accident, but the offenders  should be made to pay for the damages. Thais are definately over re-acting as this statement shows

On 1/9/2023 at 11:01 AM, webfact said:

The buffalo is being kept in a crumpled heap for a few days so people can say goodbye. 

Surprised they haven't got monks there to do the funeral chanting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I doubt it was intentional vandalism, it sounds like it was just high spirits that went too far. In other words an unfortunate accident, but the offenders  should be made to pay for the damages. Thais are definately over re-acting as this statement shows

On 1/9/2023 at 11:01 AM, webfact said:

The buffalo is being kept in a crumpled heap for a few days so people can say goodbye. 

Surprised they haven't got monks there to do the funeral chanting. 

• Thanks 1