Greta Thunberg detained at German coal protest

Scott

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They can broadcast the video conference on television , same as they did with the actual live conference 

Yea great split screen of 400 people cutting to one when they talk. I'm sure viewing figures would be through the roof

13 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Ok, so they are all sweeties too?

Yet in this whole thread - until I pointed it out - you had never once criticised the event, the middle aged male attendees from around the world, you just attacked the principled 16 year old disabled "sweetie" who travelled in great discomfort to make a point and try to do good. But yeah, no misogyny there, no siree.

It’s a level of hatred and ill feeling that deserves explanation.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yes, agree totally, I was just pointing out that the attacks on her are completely unjustified and often very personal.

Maybe her Aspergers has helped her be this singular and driven, I don't know enough about it.

Either way, Sweetie has done well. Bitter people on this forum have also achieved great things though to be fair, I am pretty sure of it, possibly.

Former spes ops, cia and mi7? Or was it M5?

23 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Ok, so they are all sweeties too?

Yet in this whole thread - until I pointed it out - you had never once criticised the event, the middle aged male attendees from around the world, you just attacked the principled 16 year old disabled "sweetie" who travelled in great discomfort to make a point and try to do good. But yeah, no misogyny there, no siree.

This thread is about Greta and I am commenting about her and if you would have read all my posts you would have seen this which I posted "Yes, they could have all done the meeting online"  so your claim about me not criticising the event  is inaccurate 

37 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

And you are singling out and attacking "middle aged men" ?

Why focus on males of a certain age ?

There were numerous people there from numerous different age groups and from numerous different genders , why are you singling out "middle aged males"  whilst at the same time accusing me of misogynism ?

12 minutes ago, Salerno said:

I know, so gullible, next they'll be expecting us to believe a 16 year old (by the time she finished) female circumnavigated the world single handedly in a 40 ft boat! :coffee1:

That girl had been sailing for years and was without Greta's several psychological problems 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

And you are singling out and attacking "middle aged men" ?

Why focus on males of a certain age ?

There were numerous people there from numerous different age groups and from numerous different genders , why are you singling out "middle aged males"  whilst at the same time accusing me of misogynism ?

Mostly male attendees, mostly middle aged.

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Mostly male attendees, mostly middle aged.

Yes. And mostly white, straight middle aged and older men...who these days, feel threatened that their  entitlement is slipoing away from them, and they feel their status as alpha male in control superior beings they thought they were. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

How about you do that to back up your argument? 

I have no idea who attended the conference , that is what I am asking .

I was just pointing out that the poster didn't condemn ALL the conference attendees , just the middle aged men who attended .

That is rather discriminatory from a poster who accuses others of discrimination 

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Here you go, you can go through and count them yourself.

It doesn't give their ages but just look any at picture of the event for a decent guide.

cp_inf4.pdf 2.62 MB · 1 download

I cannot see the image , but was it just solely middle aged men in the audience ?

There was no one other that middle aged men ?

If there are any middle aged females there , do they get a free pass and are immune to any criticism ?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

When internal combustion engines are replaced with less polluting alternatives, there will be no single factor behind that transition, but a whole range of reasons.

The actions of ballsy young people like GT will have played their part as they intend. See the likes of groups such as 38 Degrees, for example.

Can't be that famous if I've never heard of 38 degrees.

BTW, IMO if alternatives take over from IC engines it'll be because they are more profitable. I doubt the boards of Ford or GM are particularly concerned with what Greta has to say.

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you saying child labour in terrible conditions is preferable to using oil?

Did I say that?  Oh, wait, no I didn't.  As usual, you deflect.  Do not try and accuse me of saying I said things I didn't.  Stop baiting.

6 minutes ago, Credo said:

Did I say that?  Oh, wait, no I didn't.  As usual, you deflect.  Do not try and accuse me of saying I said things I didn't.  Stop baiting.

My response to your post was in the context of your reply to a post that included " Maybe a visit to one of those dreadful mines in the Congo where kids are working for peanuts in hazardous conditions?".

Ergo, IMO it was not a deflection. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My response to your post was in the context of your reply to a post that included " Maybe a visit to one of those dreadful mines in the Congo where kids are working for peanuts in hazardous conditions?".

Ergo, IMO it was not a deflection. 

No, your post is a deflection.  Children working in mines has nothing to do with it.  Zero.  Nada.  Nothing.  

• Like 2