Whats the best 1 year package unlimited (AIS/ Dtac/True)

kwak250

So another year and my Dtac 20mbps unlimited is coming to an end 

Whats the best value at the moment

I had an Ais 10mbps sim the year before and it was as good if not beeter than the Dtac

Not sure about True i have seen mixed reviews.

Seems like they have 30mbps unlimited now 

25 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

I had an Ais 10mbps sim the year before and it was as good if not beeter than the Dtac

In what respect was it 'better' please. I am ready to renew my DTAC SIM, which has been reliable and OK for my use, but if there is a better one......

18 minutes ago, sathornlover said:

I switched to prepaid for my CarPlay unlimited plan 4mbit/s 150 bath, 20mbit/s 200 bath TrueMove, AIS offers exactly the same.
Satisfied with both providers so far. As an eSim like my main sim no more hassle with plastic sim ...

Very helpful info. Many thanks!

35 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

In what respect was it 'better' please. I am ready to renew my DTAC SIM, which has been reliable and OK for my use, but if there is a better one......

It probably was just the area we are located in but Ais was at least as good if not faster with a 10 mbps compared to the dta 20mbps.

It seems even while using it as a hotspot while on holiday it never seemed as fast as the Ais .

I am going to by a Ais 12 months now on Lazada and see.

Just bought a tp link pocket wifi and that has improved speed quite a lot compared to my old Samsung hotspot.

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

You should check with your Internet usage and with your devices which provider is the best at your location and then buy a SIM at Lazada or Shoppee. 

Hi yes we travel around quite a lot but it seems not much in it between the providers but Ais has always seemed faster.

4 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

I've got a 300 baht a month Ais sim 10mps Renews itself, I use it for hotspoting the TV and tablet, never had and trouble with buffering etc.had truemove last year wouldn't use them again. 

If you don't need to stick to the phone number why don't you buy at Lazada or Shoppee? Much cheaper there. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

It probably was just the area we are located in but Ais was at least as good if not faster with a 10 mbps compared to the dta 20mbps.

It seems even while using it as a hotspot while on holiday it never seemed as fast as the Ais .

I am going to by a Ais 12 months now on Lazada and see.

Just bought a tp link pocket wifi and that has improved speed quite a lot compared to my old Samsung hotspot.

You asked about Unlimited. The AIS package doesn’t fit that description. 

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

You asked about Unlimited. The AIS package doesn’t fit that description. 

Yes it used to 2 years ago

i have been looking for Ais but just purchased 30mbps 1 year on Dtac 1524 baht 

https://shopee.co.th/-ซิมเทพดีแทค-ซิมเทพ-Dtac-ซิมเน็ตรายปี-โทรฟรี-ใช้งาน-1ปี-ซิมสุดคุ้ม-โทรไม่อั้น-ซิม-simเทพ-ซิมรายปี-i.87948031.4635555549 

Just bought a 30mbps Dtac so it should be at least as good as my current 20mbps Dtac maybe slightly faster.

Fantastic value for these for a year when internet at home is down or when we are out on our travels

1,524 baht unlimited .

https://shopee.co.th/-ซิมเทพดีแทค-ซิมเทพ-Dtac-ซิมเน็ตรายปี-โทรฟรี-ใช้งาน-1ปี-ซิมสุดคุ้ม-โทรไม่อั้น-ซิม-simเทพ-ซิมรายปี-i.87948031.4635555549

Edited by kwak250
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NextG said:

https://shopee.co.th/-เน็ตไม่อั้น-1-ปี-NT-wireless-net-Thunder-999-i.235326805.3979061813 is the cheapest 12 month Unlimited data with the speed not capped. 
It’s Internet supplied by SIM rather than a mobile service. 

Ah that might have been better what speeds are they?

Have you used this?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Ah that might have been better what speeds are they?

Have you used this?

Not necessarily, even though it may state ‘up to 100 Mbps’, the speed depends on your location, as you found out when comparing DTAC and AIS. I can only receive around 4Mbps with DTAC at my location, even with a max speed plan. With AIS I can get up to around 17Mbps. 
That’s why it was suggested to you to run speed tests before committing to a longer term option. 
The SIM above needs your device to be able to see LTE Band 40, so it’s not for everyone. 
If you don’t use more than 100GB monthly, your best bet would have likely been the AIS Marathon SIM. 

Edited by NextG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, NextG said:

AIS don’t do Unlimited packs any more. 

You are right - AIS changed their SIM offers a lot. In October last year I still could buy this monthly AIS 30 Mbps with unlimited data. I did not find it anymore. Only 20 Mbps. But in my condo DTAC was better anyway. Have DTAC now. True Move wasn't good in my condo too with my SIM router.

SmartSelect_20230118-135216_Lazada.jpg

Edited by Mickeymaus

10 minutes ago, NextG said:

Not necessarily, even though it may state ‘up to 100 Mbps’, the speed depends on your location, as you found out when comparing DTAC and AIS. I can only receive around 4Mbps with DTAC at my location, even with a max speed plan. With AIS I can get up to around 17Mbps. 
That’s why it was suggested to you to run speed tests before committing to a longer term option. 
The SIM above needs your device to be able to see LTE Band 40, so it’s not for everyone. 
If you don’t use more than 100GB monthly, your best bet would have likely been the AIS Marathon SIM. 

Thanks yes Ais has not only been better at my location but also when we travel we have used both Ais and Dtac and it seems almost always the Ais sim provides better speed.

Thats for your reply i might look at the Ais 100gb monthly 

I’ve been using True 1 year.unlimited SIM for around 4 years now. I can’t confirm the speed but can confirm that I stream via my Samsung phone hotspot to my TV and it works extremely well wherever I’ve used it. True don’t sell them in store but Lazada and MBK have them for 1800-1900 baht

57 minutes ago, NextG said:

https://shopee.co.th/-เน็ตไม่อั้น-1-ปี-NT-wireless-net-Thunder-999-i.235326805.3979061813 is the cheapest 12 month Unlimited data with the speed not capped. 
It’s Internet supplied by SIM rather than a mobile service. 

They write for instance that it can't be used at floors higher than 5. What other restrictions are there? Any way to test it before you buy it? Does anyone have experience with this? 

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

I recently bought two sim cards from  Lazada for 1590 each. 15mbps 100GB/month. Valid for one year. One for my iPad and one for a friend for his phone.

Went to AIS shop to activate.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i2567097947-s15687298967.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&tradePath=omItm&spm=spm%3Da2o4m.order_details.item_title.1

You can get the same for your current number (what I did) at the Ais shop, but it then costs approx 300 THB more (so around 18xx THB total)

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

They write for instance that it can't be used at floors higher than 5. What other restrictions are there? Any way to test it before you buy it? Does anyone have experience with this? 

PoorSucker has experience with the SIM pack. 
There are no restrictions other than it being on LTE Band 40. It can be used on higher floors, depending on the available signal. Get a base SIM and add a small package for the purpose of testing; https://www.totmobile.net/en/Prepaid/710.aspx

Though you might need a device that you can manually choose the LTE Band 40, otherwise it may roam on Band 1, unlike an NT Wireless SIM which is Band 40 only. Enquire at a TOT/NT office as to coverage. 

Edited by NextG

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

PoorSucker has experience with the SIM pack. 
There are no restrictions other than it being on LTE Band 40. It can be used on higher floors, depending on the available signal. Get a base SIM and add a small package for the purpose of testing; https://www.totmobile.net/en/Prepaid/710.aspx

This with the 5 floors is a warning from them (several times). I just checked their other warning. Yes my router can handle LTE Band 40 2300.

Can I find out if it is available at my location in Pattaya? I found something on their site but it didn't work.

Where do you use it and how is it? 

33 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

This with the 5 floors is a warning from them (several times). I just checked their other warning. Yes my router can handle LTE Band 40 2300.

Can I find out if it is available at my location in Pattaya? I found something on their site but it didn't work.

Where do you use it and how is it? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, arick said:

The one I have from 7 years ago unlimited data and 600 minutes for 900 baht can't beat it. AIS

Is this helpful somehow? ????

I guess my unlimited data at 20Mbps with unlimited free calls at 300 baht per month goes some way to beating it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, NextG said:

Sounds interesting. I will visit them when I go next time to Big C. The TOT Service Center is on the way.

I was a VERY unhappy TOT Internet customer very many years ago before I changed to TT&T / Maxnet and then when they stopped their business was transferred to 3BB. But perhaps TOT changed... 

Edited by Mickeymaus