Trump takes aim at DeSantis in first major campaign swing, says he’s trying to ‘rewrite history’ on his Covid-19 record

Scott

image.png

Former President Donald Trump took aim at Ron DeSantis Saturday, claiming the Florida governor and his team are “trying to rewrite history” regarding their Covid-19 pandemic response, and called the potential presidential run by his GOP rival “very disloyal.”

“There are Republican governors that did not close their states,” Trump told reporters while aboard his plane. “Florida was closed for a long period of time.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/28/politics/desantis-trump-disloyal-covid-record/index.html

CNN.jpg

IMO Trump has lost it and is in danger of allowing the Dems to win the next POTUS election.

He was the man needed to stop her winning, but sadly he may end up getting someone like her elected next time.

I just hope no one finances his attempt, if he doesn't see the light beforehand.

The problems that allowed him to win before haven't gone away, and as long as the Dems put people like Biden into the big chair IMO it's just going to get worse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps they agree with Trump's opinions.

Unfortunately, IMO Trump will not win if he stands.

We can at least agree on your last sentence. Moreover, even if he doesn't win the primaries, he will not accept to lose (as usual), and will torpedo the winner.

He's a blessing for the Dems.

• Thumbs Up 1

Went out and bought some Windex to clean off the ol' crystal ball and laundered the fortune-teller turban.

The man who DeSantisized Florida politics will be out of the running by the time of the first primary, at least a year away.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO Trump has lost it and is in danger of allowing the Dems to win the next POTUS election.

He was the man needed to stop her winning, but sadly he may end up getting someone like her elected next time.

I just hope no one finances his attempt, if he doesn't see the light beforehand.

The problems that allowed him to win before haven't gone away, and as long as the Dems put people like Biden into the big chair IMO it's just going to get worse.

Yea Hillary would have been a disaster all that horrible experience (dripping sarcasm alert) beeing a lawyer Secretary of State First Lady for 8 years oh and can you imagine how angry the woman would have been if a woman was elected president oh the horrors!imagine no back stabbing nato and our allies geee do you think old Putin would have thought he could get away with Ukraine if he dident have Trump working for him?all that horror aside I’m going to enjoy watching thease two horrible people tear each other to pieces they deserve each other

• Like 2

Sometimes I look at the bad choices in Thailand and I wonder why people vote for them.

And then I look at this so-called 1st world country, the leader of the world, the USA.

Are those really the best people in that whole country you could find to lead the country?

And obviously it's all about money. It seems in Thailand and in the USA the politicians have different ways to get money. But the goal is the same: MONEY.

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Yea Hillary would have been a disaster all that horrible experience (dripping sarcasm alert) beeing a lawyer Secretary of State First Lady for 8 years oh and can you imagine how angry the woman would have been if a woman was elected president oh the horrors!imagine no back stabbing nato and our allies geee do you think old Putin would have thought he could get away with Ukraine if he dident have Trump working for him?all that horror aside I’m going to enjoy watching thease two horrible people tear each other to pieces they deserve each other

As bad as Trump was he never baited Putin into war by advocating NATO membership for Ukraine like Biden did soon after being elected. Same as Bush with Georgia  which resulted in that country losing 2 provinces. Clinton's involving the USA  in the overthrow of the democratically elected government in Ukraine lead to it losing Crimea and much of the Donbas. 

The Republicans have a couple of things that will make it very difficult for them to win in 2024. That's besides not winning the popular presidential vote for 20 years.  The court's abortion decision will increase the voter turnout against them. Young people in general  hate the Republican party.  If the Democrats run Biden again the GOP could win with a more moderate like the Georgia gov.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

" do you think old Putin would have thought he could get away with Ukraine if he dident have Trump working for him?"

Please supply a link to credible media to support this (completely false) assertion. 

Trump’s attempt to extort Ukrainian by withholding military aid already passed by Congress.

A joint Trump/Putin press conference comes to mind too.

But it’s not just Trump, as I have frequently commented, the Rightwing are in lockstep with Kremlin Propganda and Putin’s best interests on Ukraine. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Republicans had two easy chances to get rid of him, they chose instead to make the bed they’ve now got to lie in.

That there is still support for this loser (trump) is quite beyond me, but it seems that there are some folk who will support a compulsive liar, crook and someone with the intelligence of a pickled squid... but then again, perhaps with him and DeSantis running, +1 or two others, the election will be handed to the Dems, which is great.

However the only thing that they have got to do is to find a decent replacement for Biden, as a second term doesn't look that likely for poor old Joe in his condition.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 9:00 AM, pegman said:

As bad as Trump was he never baited Putin into war by advocating NATO membership for Ukraine like Biden did soon after being elected. Same as Bush with Georgia  which resulted in that country losing 2 provinces. Clinton's involving the USA  in the overthrow of the democratically elected government in Ukraine lead to it losing Crimea and much of the Donbas. 

The Republicans have a couple of things that will make it very difficult for them to win in 2024. That's besides not winning the popular presidential vote for 20 years.  The court's abortion decision will increase the voter turnout against them. Young people in general  hate the Republican party.  If the Democrats run Biden again the GOP could win with a more moderate like the Georgia gov.

I guess you're not aware that under Georgia law, except for the usual exceptions, abortion is forbidden after 6 weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Gotta love the irony in MAGA guys asking for "a link to credible media". Do they now that "credible" in this context means MSM?:thumbsup:

I hope you don't mind the clip.

I note also that they never acknowledge or debate the content content in any links provided to them. I suspect they mostly just ignore them. My suspicion is fuelled by the fact that they frequently repeat the same misinformation even after being provided with evidence refuting their claims. That wouldn't be so bad if they themselves provided links but it's like pulling teeth to get them to do so.

• Like 2

If the Democrats run Biden again the GOP could win with a more moderate like the Georgia gov.

Not with the current condition of the GOP.  If Trump is the Republican nominee, the GOP will lose because Trump cannot win a general election.  If the GOP decides to pick Kemp or DeSantis or whoever, Trump may run as a 3rd party candidate.  Or if he doesn't, he'll be bashing the GOP dude day and night 24/7.  Which means most of the MAGA base will sit out 2024.  With Trump in the picture, the Dems are pretty much guaranteed to win in 2024. 

Edited by Berkshire

It is quite astonishing that the Democrats are seriously considering someone Mr Biden's age as their candidate! 

On the other hand those who are running the Republican party seem not in the slightest bit interested in a moderate candidate.

There are interesting prospects ahead - first the two rabid ferrets fighting in a sack in Florida, then what may be the mother of all cat fights for Mr Trumps Vice Presidential slot!

On 1/30/2023 at 12:29 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Sometimes I look at the bad choices in Thailand and I wonder why people vote for them.

And then I look at this so-called 1st world country, the leader of the world, the USA.

Are those really the best people in that whole country you could find to lead the country?

And obviously it's all about money. It seems in Thailand and in the USA the politicians have different ways to get money. But the goal is the same: MONEY.

I've said it before, but IMO good people won't stand in US politics because of the media trashing anyone not of their choosing.

On 1/31/2023 at 8:04 PM, Berkshire said:

Not with the current condition of the GOP.  If Trump is the Republican nominee, the GOP will lose because Trump cannot win a general election.  If the GOP decides to pick Kemp or DeSantis or whoever, Trump may run as a 3rd party candidate.  Or if he doesn't, he'll be bashing the GOP dude day and night 24/7.  Which means most of the MAGA base will sit out 2024.  With Trump in the picture, the Dems are pretty much guaranteed to win in 2024. 

Unfortunately I think you are 100% correct. Trump needs to be "persuaded" to accept his defeat and not try again.

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've said it before, but IMO good people won't stand in US politics because of the media trashing anyone not of their choosing.

Like FOX "news"? Or CNN? Or which media?

It seems the USA have lots of media and many of them have their own version of "the truth". And unfortunately it seems many don't even publish any news anymore if they somehow expose the bad guys in the preferred political party. 

And then there are the consumers who only listen to i.e. CNN or FOX and they somehow think they know the truth.

I understand that everybody has some bias. But for a news channel not reporting some news at all is pretty bad.

• Like 1