Where to get a decent accomodation in CM right now?

miancina

you really need to add some details like: how long you intend to stay; what type of rental (room, apartment/condo, hotel, house).

what do you intend to do here ? what are your needs for transportation ?

1 hour ago, miancina said:

so now the air is bad?

Yes it is. Do a search on Google about air quality in northern Thailand and judge for your self. I live about 2 hours drive east of Chiang Mai and our mountains a completely covered. Wait till the rains start which clears the smoke to see the beauty of the north.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, miancina said:

you mean small huts with air con and kitchen?

May be a dump and may not have a kitchen. And if you run A/C (If they have one) your electric bill will be another 6K/month. 

Edited by Xanthe

I did 9K for a month at Dozy last August. But I negotiated it in person. And that was peak-slump.

Lanna Moon is another good cheapie. No phone, you have to just show up. 10 baht per shared kitchen use for gas. Worth a google. The area by Lanna Moon has a few other cheapies.

Outside of a guest house, not a lot of by month places in CM these days. It's gotten harder to get a lease as short as 6 months. Most places want a year. 

Air BnB is your best bet, but you won't like the prices. The people I know who are paying in your range are all on a year lease. 

On 2/3/2023 at 10:14 PM, miancina said:

on booking the small room costs from 22000 - 30000, that is ridiculous

What is ridiculous about that? That comes down to just 750-1000 baht per night, that is what 500 baht was 5-6 years ago. Even includes your cleaning, electric bills etc. This without any deposit or long-term contracts. You pay that about anywhere unless going for 3-6-12 months deals.

On 2/3/2023 at 7:42 PM, BritManToo said:

Plenty of guesthouses for 6000bht/month.

Chicken farms with loud drunk people and showers full of hair you mean. Tell me 3 places around the city center now that offer a private room for 6k a month without having a long-term contract and I buy you a case of chang or leo to choice.

Obviously i mean a OK private room, not to sleep next to short time using people and junkies lol.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Haha 1

On 2/3/2023 at 9:46 PM, Xanthe said:

May be a dump and may not have a kitchen. And if you run A/C (If they have one) your electric bill will be another 6K/month. 

So true, specially those cheap rooms the AC easily nears equal of the rent. And never is included for those deals at 6K too.