How many visa extensions (border crossings + Immigration renewals) are OK now?

I entered Thailand Jan. 12.  Yearly retirement  visa, which I'd counted on, require more days on original stamp than I have left now; no choice but to cross borders again for stamps so I can stay.

Therefore, how many stamps am I allowed to have this year? 

Thanks.

Although not clear, I interpret your OP as indicating that you entered Thailand visa exempt (receiving a 45-day permission to stay expiring February 24th) on January 12th. At most immigration offices, you can apply for a Non O visa at immigration with 15 days left on your permission to stay. It is not clear to me what your problem is. Where are you trying to apply, and what are you trying to apply for? Do you think you can apply directly for a one-year retirement extension from a visa exempt entry?

You have available two land border crossings per year which i would say is your best bet as flying in can become a problem depending on your previous history . 

I have a friend that has made two successful return trips after the finish of a string of covid extensions at the Nong Khai border with Laos . There you will receive a 45day exemption with the option of a 30 day extension . That should be enough time to organize the none 0 visa .