Do you have such blood spots ?

THAIPHUKET

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

I have the same do you take blood thinners?

How old are you ?

I also take blood thinners, but I’m in my 40’s and very active... still playing football and get clobbered regularly...  but no bruising until there is excessive impact....    

This is something called purpura...   damaged vessel from a knock... happens to older folk whose skin has lost its elasticity and fat layer...  father has it, not a great worry. 

Edited by richard_smith237

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

How old are you ?

I also take blood thinners, but I’m in my 40’s and very active... still playing football and get clobbered regularly...  but no bruising until there is excessive impact....    

This is something called purpura...   damaged vessel from a knock... happens to older folk whose skin has lost its elasticity and fat layer...  father has it, not a great worry. 

I am 75 and got these spots since I started taking blood thinners, but I guess it is related to your age 

36 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I only take one tiny pill ones a day 

Prescribed ????  its the mg of the active ingredient that matters... 

Warfarin / Rivoroxaban etc... they’re all tiny tablets but have a large impact...  its not like taking a baby aspirin. 

Edited by richard_smith237

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Prescribed ????  its the mg of the active ingredient that matters... 

Warfarin / Rivoroxaban etc... they’re all tiny tablets but have a large impact...  its not like taking a baby aspirin. 

Xarelto 20mg

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Which is a good one (its rivoroxaban) and less dangerous than Warfarin... 

20mg is not excessive and a fairly normal therapeutic dose - of course, when prescribed by a medical professional. 

Yes prescribed by the hospital after cardioversion years ago 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

I saw that on fathers death bed, after they let us in on the final day because of "covid".

Have you made your final arangements?

Are you for real? With comments like that, let´s hope you have made yours, as you finally will meet people that will not take such attitude.

I posted this question.

The article about queen Elizabeth puts me in good company. 

1. It implies that I may have another 20 years to go.

2. And it states the facts

As a person ages, the skin becomes less flexible and thinner because there is less fat under the skin. The cushioning effect of the skin decreases as the fat under the skin decreases. These changes, along with skin damage from exposure to the sun, cause blood vessels to break easily.

It's that combination 

Age plus sun. I like to ride my bicycle , no gloves   

My grandfather had this as well.  I'm pretty sure it WON'T affect you, except maybe the most pleasant to look at.  As always, keep an eye on them to see if they change color, spread, or if you feel bad.   I'm not a real doctor!!!!!!  Maybe get some blood work and see if you are lacking in something.....

I get them as well. With me its down to accessing the house using iron gates for leverage with my hands full. Any knock will do it. Press down on it with your finger and it won't go away because it's under your skin. I am on warfarin and diuretics and I now have no fat on my upper body. 77 before you ask!