Takeaways from Biden’s State of the Union address

Scott

image.png

— 

A majority of Americans say he hasn’t accomplished much and many Democrats aren’t thrilled at the prospect of him running for reelection. But when President Joe Biden took to the House Chamber on Tuesday for his annual State of the Union address, his message was one of unadulterated optimism – gloom be damned.

Delivering what was widely viewed as a test run for his reelection announcement, Biden claimed credit for progress made during his first two years in office while stressing the job isn’t finished.

He faced sometimes-unruly Republicans, with whom he energetically sparred from the podium on spending cuts.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/07/politics/takeaways-biden-state-of-the-union-address/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Was it a short speech then?

Ahhh no there’s a lot to talk about,you know infrastructure healthcare environment renewables jobs you know all that good stuff just to name a few

• Like 2

1 hour ago, riclag said:

I was hoping for a repeat of Nancy’s x speaker performance by the new Speaker McCarthy,by ripping up a Potus  Sotu speech ,

but instead rino Senate minority leader gave this response :

“The state of our union is apparently under Chinese surveillance from our own skies…It is ludicrous to suggest that Canada and the United States had no choice but to let this thing traipse across the continent from coast to coast. President Obama’s own Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says, ‘we should have acted earlier,’” McConnell said

https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article272248398.html

Only that wasn't a response, it was given hours before Biden's speech. Jumping the gun ever so slightly.

"Hours before the speech, McConnell took to the Senate floor to pop the balloon on Biden’s big night"

4 hours ago, riclag said:

I was hoping for a repeat of Nancy’s x speaker performance by the new Speaker McCarthy,by ripping up a Potus  Sotu speech ,

but instead rino Senate minority leader gave this response :

“The state of our union is apparently under Chinese surveillance from our own skies…It is ludicrous to suggest that Canada and the United States had no choice but to let this thing traipse across the continent from coast to coast. President Obama’s own Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says, ‘we should have acted earlier,’” McConnell said

https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article272248398.html

This is what's wrong with Joe's speech!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

This is what's wrong with Joe's speech!

I'm not going to sit through a speech when I can read the takeaways. Can you share with us any specific proposals she made? Republicans have made spending the major issue. What exactly did she propose to lower spending? Given that no one reported it, it seems pretty certain that cutting Social Security and Medicare benefits did not figure in her speech. I did see that she criticized Biden for being twice her age.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some laughing emoticons being used as derogatory comments have been removed.

This is trolling, the forum is not a cartoon forum, nor is it twitter or Line, if you disagree with a post then either move on or discuss.