Dog Bite

Neeranam

Just had something similar.....had a tetanus jab and on a "rabies lite" 4 day course of jabs as it was my dog, fully jabbed that bit me.

I would suggest you do something similar unless you want to take a chance.....700 baht for dressing wound and all jabs.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, riclag said:

What kind of  dog was it and in your opinion why did he bite you ?

Just curious!

Bang Keow. 

Two dogs were growling near one of their dinner bowls. The big one then bit the small one, so I grabbed the big one by the scruff and he turned round and bit me. 

As I've been told many times never touch a dog when eating but I was saving the smaller one. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Bang Keow. 

Two dogs were growling near one of their dinner bowls. The big one then bit the small one, so I grabbed the big one by the scruff and he turned round and bit me. 

As I've been told many times never touch a dog when eating but I was saving the smaller one. 

No good deed goes unpunished.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Just a little cut. 

20230213_151808.jpg

Im just recovering also. bitten on ankle. i had the Rabies 3 shot course (antibodies good for 6 months) and Tetanus (protection for 10 years). Recent law where on Police report/complaint legal action can be taken for such attacks from an unrestrained dog up to 50,ooo THB. In my case the dogs owner agreed to pay all medical bills. Im happy with that on condition they a) vaccinate their dogs, b) muzzle this particular savage one. All 3 are collared and on chains in the day outside their property, however this one loves my flesh had broken the collar and got me. Hope you heal quickly. Hydrogen Peroxide is super good antiseptic and has less sting than Alcohol.

18 hours ago, Denim said:

Yes. Better safe than sorry.

With Rabies , if you wait to see if you get any symptoms it is already too late. You are a dead man.

Our new puppy / soi dog bit me a few weeks back and drew blood. Probably no big deal but to play safe went to the local hospital who told me I had done the right thing.

I have now been 3 times. 2 shots into the skin each time. One in either arm. ! double shot remaining to be done on the 28th February. Total for the 8 shots ( which include Tetanus ) will be around 1000.

I know someone who was charged 550Bt for one shot at my local government hospital. If I ever have to go to that hospital I will give it a miss and go to the next one 12 Ks away.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Just had something similar.....had a tetanus jab and on a "rabies lite" 4 day course of jabs as it was my dog, fully jabbed that bit me.

I would suggest you do something similar unless you want to take a chance.....700 baht for dressing wound and all jabs.

Read my post about the 550Bt charge for one jab. Yes at a government hospital. Since the pandemic, some members of the medical profession are going daft with their prices.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is the dog vaccinated against, among other things Rabies? Dogs teeth are full of all kinds of nasty bacteria, so a good wash out with blue alcohol and an antiseptic plaster is sensible.  The case for a tetanus jab is more debatable. If you say your dogs never leave a protected garden then I probably wouldnt bother, but if you would feel happier,  then go ahead.  Just don't let the clinic give you the whole rabies treatment, if your dogs are protected.   This from the UK NHS help line:

See a GP or contact NHS 111 if you're concerned about a wound, particularly if:

• the wound is deep
  • the wound contains dirt or a foreign object
  • you have not been fully vaccinated against tetanus
  • you're not sure whether you have been fully vaccinated against tetanus
  • Like 1