1,900 Chinese Flights Set to Land in Thailand as Chinese Tourists Begin to Return in Large Numbers

webfact

2 hours ago, BayArea said:

8k inbound flights in a 6-day period?? At that rate, LOS will get 40 million in no time! ????

Yes and then add in the extra flights they say are wanted and they will get to the PM's stated 200 million in the blink of an eye......

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is expecting a large influx of Chinese tourists with the arrival of 1,910 flights from China and an additional 6,318 flight requests for the period from February 13th to 19th, according to the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT).

i wish i was chinese

• Confused 4

3 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Big numbers of Chinese don’t do much for the average Thai. I wish there were another planet they could all FO to and leave Thailand be. Apologies for the bigotry but this lot do nothing for the world… just white noise and pollution. 

That would be the English-speaking Western world and be applied accordingly.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Saendaeng1975 said:

The news article is jibberish.

in the original article in Phuket Express it says:

“The CAAT has granted authorization for a total of 1,910 Chinese flights to enter the kingdom, with 671 flights expected to arrive in February and another 970 flights slated for arrival in March, Suttipong said.

269 Chinese flights already arrived in the country last month.”

That makes more sense. Yet I am sure the PM believes this article and why he said 200 million will come to Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Big numbers of Chinese don’t do much for the average Thai. I wish there were another planet they could all FO to and leave Thailand be. Apologies for the bigotry but this lot do nothing for the world… just white noise and pollution. 

The queues at Big C and Starbucks are always long when the Chinese come...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StayinThailand2much said:

They used to create mayhem at the 7-11 near me, their tour buses came to the Wat nearby. Actually their tour buses created traffic jams at the archway entrance to the village too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

What about the all you can eat buffets? I doubt if any of these will be keen to reopen.

I must admit I did miss the breakfast and evening buffets at the Lek Hotel.

The Chinese are not well known for being big spenders, so why are they queueing at Starbucks, not the free wifi surely.

18 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

The Chinese are not well known for being big spenders, so why are they queueing at Starbucks, not the free wifi surely.

If you ever travel to China, check out the prices at Starbucks! Starbucks in China is really for the nouveau riche, meaning your average Joe can't afford it. (Coffee in general is ridiculously expensive in China.) Compared to that, Starbucks in Thailand is cheap. I guess, they take selfies, then tell folks at home: "Hey, I can afford going to Starbucks!" (Mainland Chinese hardly ever drink coffee, so that might explain it.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Probably arrivals of tourists instead of flights... 8228 flight in 7 days is 48 flights in 1 hour 24 hours a day... Maybe they should go back to school for math 

There are 7 international airports in Thailand and all have flight connections with China. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

There are 7 international airports in Thailand and all have flight connections with China. 

What are the 7. I know of 6 that are listed but I can not find the 7th....

1. Chiang Mai international 

2. Suvarnabhumi international 

3. Don Mueang international 

4. Phuket international 

5. Hat Yai international 

6. Udon Thani international 

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

What are the 7. I know of 6 that are listed but I can not find the 7th....

1. Chiang Mai international 

2. Suvarnabhumi international 

3. Don Mueang international 

4. Phuket international 

5. Hat Yai international 

6. Udon Thani international 

U-Tapao?

• Like 1