Video: Woman stabs 11 year old child in the neck: "I was just waving my knife around and was angry" she claims

webfact

image.jpeg

Sanook Thai Caption: You really didn't mean to do it?

Sanook and other Thai media reported on a horrendous case of stabbing of a completely innocent child out walking with her mother in the Bang Khen area of northern Bangkok.

CCTV showed a woman get off a motorcycle on the Phermsin Road outside a convenience store and stab an 11 year old girl in the back of the neck. The incident happened last Saturday as the girl walked with her mother.

After the incident the father Kittiphat (who in the video also enlisted the help of social action group Sai Mai Tong Rort) went to the Bang Khen police that led to an arrest warrant for 33 year old graphic designer Bunthip, 33.

Police waited outside her condo on Thepparak Road from 13th to 14th February when she was arrested with the knife and her Yamaha bike.

The suspect said that she didn't know the mother or daughter and was on her way to get money at an ATM.

She said that earlier she had been in the same area and been angered by a trader.

She returned later to get her money till in a bad mood and said that the mother and daughter were looking at her and smiling.

She claimed that she waved the knife about in the general area of the child and it connected. She didn't mean to do it.

She ignored a security guard who came up and drove off on her bike.

She said that she is obliged to carry a knife because she rides in secluded areas.

She said she was sorry for what she did.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-02-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

She said that she is obliged to carry a knife because she rides in secluded areas.

Really now, so can I carry a Mace with me on the trails I run on....and swing it in circles like Thor does with his hammer....

• Love It 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

She said that earlier she had been in the same area and been angered by a trader.

She returned later to get her money till in a bad mood and said that the mother and daughter were looking at her and smiling.

She claimed that she waved the knife about in the general area of the child and it connected. She didn't mean to do it.

Psycho. 

• Like 1

That was no " ... just waving my knife about ... ". It's quite clear in the video that she was carrying the knife in her right hand and, as she passed with the girl on her left, she deliberately turned back and stabbed. That much should be obvious even to the Thai police. Very serious gaol time is called for.

3 minutes ago, MartinL said:

That was no " ... just waving my knife about ... ". It's quite clear in the video that she was carrying the knife in her right hand and, as she passed with the girl on her left, she deliberately turned back and stabbed. That much should be obvious even to the Thai police. Very serious gaol time is called for.

To me it appeared to be a pre-meditated attack, as the suspect seems to be wearing a mask as well.