European allies vow more support for Kyiv at security meet

onthedarkside

They can "vow" all they want, till it results in actual more support. The longer it lasts the more unpopular it will become for their populations that see longer waiting times for medical treatment etc and increasing prices for everything.

Ask British nurses if they agree to be paid too little so bullets can be sent to Ukraine.

• Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How do you work that out?

IMO NATO was set up to deter USSR from invading a NATO country, not to protect countries not in NATO.

Oh it’s the spirit and the Europeans obviously see what old Putin been up to they and us here in the USA are helping to put a stop to it better hope your pal doesent screw up and get nato involved he can’t even handle Ukraine ???????? the Russians are being humiliated lol 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How do you work that out?

IMO NATO was set up to deter USSR from invading a NATO country, not to protect countries not in NATO.

I find it hard to understand all the NATO bucket mouths, it just seems to me they are using Ukraine as experiment to wear Russia down and it's just dragging on. 

NATO should stop talking and get on supplying everything that's needed now instead drivs and drabs.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I've heard both sides of reteric on talk radio today. 

The way it seems to me they say "The Donbass area and Crimea is never going to be given up by Russia.

To think that Ukraine can take it all back by whatever support is naive a peace settlement of new boarder lines is the only way to stop this senseless war. "

Why should Ukraine give up its land to the looting rapists?russia is being humiliated on the battlefield and have become a pariah nation thanks to Putin’s unjust war of extermination Russias economy is tanked and you say give up?Nope remove the head of the snake and evict the the invaders build a wall of democracy and freedom around Russia the Russians will see for themselves the better future and change from within.slava Ukraine ???????? evict the invaders 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Why should Ukraine give up its land to the looting rapists?russia is being humiliated on the battlefield and have become a pariah nation thanks to Putin’s unjust war of extermination Russias economy is tanked and you say give up?Nope remove the head of the snake and evict the the invaders build a wall of democracy and freedom around Russia the Russians will see for themselves the better future and change from within.slava Ukraine ???????? evict the invaders 

Well goodluck with what you say of corse.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 5:03 PM, Kwasaki said:

NATO should stop talking and get on supplying everything that's needed now instead drivs and drabs.

Oh, if only it were as easy as that! Few things like paying for it have to be sorted, and also nobody wants to escalate it into WW3.

Also, seems as though the Ukrainians used too many shells and the factories in the west can't keep up.

No point sending artillery without anything to put in them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh, if only it were as easy as that! Few things like paying for it have to be sorted, and also nobody wants to escalate it into WW3.

Also, seems as though the Ukrainians used too many shells and the factories in the west can't keep up.

No point sending artillery without anything to put in them.

Well it's either supply or get Ukraine to give up territories in a peace deal. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well it's either supply or get Ukraine to give up territories in a peace deal. 

I have to agree with that statement, but if you remember, I was for negotiations involving giving up territory BEFORE the invasion started. IMO it will end that way anyway, so is it too much to hope that more death and destruction will not be necessary by negotiating now?

However, I doubt Zelensky is going to want to be humiliated so I see nothing but more death, more destruction before it ends.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1