Tottenham condemn 'utterly reprehensible' racist abuse aimed at forward Son Heung-min

Social Media

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Didn't you even read your own link ?

"Data for the 2020/21 season has been omitted from the analysis because no matches were played at the clubs’ grounds due to Covid restrictions."

Yes I did

You really don't need to keep reposting quotes that are in the post you replied to .

So can you post some links to the recent racist occurrences at UK Football games ?

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You really don't need to keep reposting quotes that are in the post you replied to .

So can you post some links to the recent racist occurrences at UK Football games ?

You really need to stop telling me what to put in my replies.

Regards asking me for more links to suit you and your conditions.....lol ,  I've already provided credible links, its Thai time here as i said, goodnight

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You really need to stop telling me what to put in my replies.

Regards asking me for more links to suit you and your conditions.....lol ,  I've already provided credible links, its Thai time here as i said, goodnight

It just gets really confusing when you post quotes from posts you are replying to , you can edit posts you are replying to 

You have posted links to peoples opinion and polls , and I asked you to post actual occurrences and you haven't provided  any credible links .

The Reading /Cardiff game abuse was denied by all, apart from one steward .

Tottenham fans were just singing songs about rent boys , which was common in the past and has only recently made to be illegal .

I have addressed those links , do you have any actual links to racism at UK football matches .

You haven't because they don't exist 

23 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It just gets really confusing when you post quotes from posts you are replying to , you can edit posts you are replying to 

You have posted links to peoples opinion and polls , and I asked you to post actual occurrences and you haven't provided  any credible links .

The Reading /Cardiff game abuse was denied by all, apart from one steward .

Tottenham fans were just singing songs about rent boys , which was common in the past and has only recently made to be illegal .

I have addressed those links , do you have any actual links to racism at UK football matches .

You haven't because they don't exist 

"You haven't because they don't exist "

30 March 2022 A Leeds United football fan has been sentenced to a 12 month community order for racially harassing a steward at a football match.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/london-north/news/football-fan-sentenced-racist-slur-against-west-ham-steward

12 January 2022 Unfortunately, we also saw the return of reports of racist and or homophobic chanting during at least three cup ties: Crystal Palace vs Millwall, Spurs vs Chelsea 

https://www.cps.gov.uk/cps/news/dpp-max-hill-how-were-taking-action-against-racist-and-homophobic-football-chants

Edited by Bkk Brian

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"You haven't because they don't exist "

30 March 2022 A Leeds United football fan has been sentenced to a 12 month community order for racially harassing a steward at a football match.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/london-north/news/football-fan-sentenced-racist-slur-against-west-ham-steward

12 January 2022 Unfortunately, we also saw the return of reports of racist and or homophobic chanting during at least three cup ties: Crystal Palace vs Millwall, Spurs vs Chelsea 

https://www.cps.gov.uk/cps/news/dpp-max-hill-how-were-taking-action-against-racist-and-homophobic-football-chants

Yes, one Leeds fan was being thrown out a football match and he called a steward a racist name .

One fan saying a  racist word as he was being thrown out really isn't a huge issue .

He was banned from all football games and got a 700 Pound fine , which shows racism isn't acceptable or tolerated  at football grounds.

Singing songs about peoples sexual preferences isn't considered to be racism as in Tottenham fans and what happened in the Millwall / C.P game ?

What songs did they sing ?

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, one Leeds fan was being thrown out a football match and he called a steward a racist name .

One fan saying a  racist word as he was being thrown out really isn't a huge issue .

He was banned from all football games and got a 700 Pound fine , which shows racism isn't acceptable or tolerated  at football grounds.

Singing songs about peoples sexual preferences isn't considered to be racism as in Tottenham fans and what happened in the Millwall / C.P game ?

What songs did they sing ?

You're now talking about something you claimed didn't exist...

.lol.

Carry on

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You're now talking about something you claimed didn't exist...

.lol.

Carry on

This guy was an anomaly and as he's now banned , it wont be happening again .

One person saying one racist word at a football game doesn't show there is a problem with racism at football games . One man saying one word and he was banned and fined .

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I have been on the receiving end of those chants and it doesn't bother me at all .

If it upsets you , maybe you could sent those supporters a message and ask them to stop singing those songs to me ?

*Dear Tottenham supporters please stop singing songs to Mac calling him a rentboy , it really upsets me that you are singing those songs to him, please stop doing it , kind regards , BKK Brian*

32 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This guy was an anomaly and as he's now banned , it wont be happening again .

One person saying one racist word at a football game doesn't show there is a problem with racism at football games . One man saying one word and he was banned and fined .

A lot of anomalies and non existent reports in 2022 plenty more for you to find if you want to do some searching

Man who made racist gesture during Newcastle United home ...

Jul 20, 2565 BE — The order forbids Asher from attending any regulated football match in the UK

https://beta.northumbria.police.uk/latest-news/2022/july/man-who-made-racist-gesture-during-newcastle-united-home-game-banned-from-every-football-stadium-in-the-uk/

Football fan banned for racist abuse at Norwich City vs Crystal Palace Premier League match

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2022-09-01/football-fan-banned-for-shouting-racist-abuse-at-premier-league-player

Harrow Crown Court was told that once outside, the 27-year-old launched a racist tirade at the stewards.

Scotland Yard said the thug punched, kicked and head-butted four people during the violent outburst.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/12/11/london-football-fan-jailed-for-attacking-stewards-and-police-at-england-game-17917066/

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have been on the receiving end of those chants and it doesn't bother me at all .

If it upsets you , maybe you could sent those supporters a message and ask them to stop singing those songs to me ?

*Dear Tottenham supporters please stop singing songs to Mac calling him a rentboy , it really upsets me that you are singing those songs to him, please stop doing it , kind regards , BKK Brian*

I supplied a  quote from the the "UK Crown Prosecution Service" not me. Lets not make this personal eh

Edited by Bkk Brian
spelling

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

A lot of anomalies and non existent reports in 2022 plenty more for you to find if you want to do some searching

Man who made racist gesture during Newcastle United home ...

Jul 20, 2565 BE — The order forbids Asher from attending any regulated football match in the UK

https://beta.northumbria.police.uk/latest-news/2022/july/man-who-made-racist-gesture-during-newcastle-united-home-game-banned-from-every-football-stadium-in-the-uk/

Football fan banned for racist abuse at Norwich City vs Crystal Palace Premier League match

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2022-09-01/football-fan-banned-for-shouting-racist-abuse-at-premier-league-player

Harrow Crown Court was told that once outside, the 27-year-old launched a racist tirade at the stewards.

Scotland Yard said the thug punched, kicked and head-butted four people during the violent outburst.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/12/11/london-football-fan-jailed-for-attacking-stewards-and-police-at-england-game-17917066/

There were over 30 million spectators at UK football games , 40 instances of people being racists can be considered to be an anomaly . like there were 29 999 960 spectators who weren't racist and those 40 people who said racist words got themselves banned from  attending any more football games 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There were over 30 million spectators at UK football games , 40 instances of people being racists can be considered to be an anomaly . like there were 29 999 960 spectators who weren't racist and those 40 people who said racist words got themselves banned from  attending any more football games 

Can you provide a link to there being just 40 instances of people being racist at a UK football match in 2022?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Really, the Guardian has a hatred for the working class? Can you provide proof of that along with the exaggeration of it in football? 

Does the Sun also have that hatred when they report racism in football or perhaps the police? 

The news comes just days Brentford condemned racist abuse aimed at Ivan Toney on social media after Saturday's draw against Arsenal.

In a statement, the Bees said Toney had been subjected to a "barrage of abusive, racist direct messages" on Instagram.

Last month it was announced that racist football fans who troll players will be banned from matches in England and Wales for up to 10 years under Government plans.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21395586/brazil-soccer-racism-rule-points-deduction/

Unfortunately, we also saw the return of reports of racist and or homophobic chanting during at least three cup ties: Crystal Palace vs Millwall, Spurs vs Chelsea and Reading v Cardiff City. This disgusting behaviour will never be tolerated by those who truly love the game, and by most of society.

Work out how many fans attend matches up and down the country. Then work out how many acts of racism there are. 

Of course there should be a zero tolerance policy. But it's a very, very small minority and describing it as a huge problem is just following the "working class Brits are racist, football fans are racist" trope that the Brit haters (including The Guardian) love to trot out. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Opposition fans have for many years sung songs claiming Chelsea are "rent boys" , its only recently been made an offence and that's why its been reported and those "who truly love the game " and go every week are not bothered by what oppo fans sins .

Reading V Cardiff were fans singing anti  English/Welsh songs at each other  and the "always offended" people categorised it as racist chanting .

Its just football fans singing songs to each other and non going people want to tell them what songs they should be singing .

Exactly. It's just a way of insulting the opposition fans. Same as the "Does your boyfriend know you're here" chant to the Brighton fans (Brighton having a large gay community). Are the fans singing that really homophobic? Or are they just taking the mickey out of the opposition fans (most of whom they are well aware are not homosexual).

Or people calling Spurs fans Yids. Are they really anti-semitic? Or just finding a way to insult the opposition? They are well aware that most of the Spurs fans are not even Jewish. 

I remember Man Utd had a chant about their own Korean player (that they worshipped) Park Ji-Sung and his predilection for consuming canines. It was a joke (which set up the next line about it being better than the scousers who eat rats).

Liverpool had one involving a cliche about one of their black players having a large appendage. Did they hate that player because he was black? No, he was a cult hero at the club. 

Too many #bekind virtue signallers who know nothing about football culture trying to install their value system onto others. If you want polite society and golf claps, go to the opera. Leave football for football fans.

Genuine racism must be kicked out, of course. But this a very, very small minority of fans. Probably the same proportion of racists that exist in wider society as a whole. There are way too many Guardian reading hand wringers trying to demonize a game that they have no business being anywhere near.  

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 9:45 AM, JonnyF said:

I remember Man Utd had a chant about their own Korean player (that they worshipped) Park Ji-Sung and his predilection for consuming canines. It was a joke (which set up the next line about it being better than the scousers who eat rats).

Park made a video for United fans (after he retired) telling them he appreciates them singing his name but pleading with them to stop singing this song.

However you try to dress it up, the dog slur is deeply offensive to Koreans.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Park made a video for United fans (after he retired) telling them he appreciates them singing his name but pleading with them to stop singing this song.

However you try to dress it up, the dog slur is deeply offensive to Koreans.

It's deeply offensive to Scousers as well. 

I'm going to guess you're not so concerned about that though.

Just now, ozimoron said:

As far as I can tell that slur was directed at a single individual. Can you spot the difference?

Yes I can.

A bit of light hearted teasing/banter with one of your own players (that the fans pretty much worship) is far less serious than a slur that tarnishes a whole group of people such as the fine upstanding people of Liverpool.

Great point. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Just now, JonnyF said:

Yes I can.

A bit of light hearted teasing/banter with one of your own players (that the fans pretty much worship) is far less serious than a slur that tarnishes a whole group of people such as the fine upstanding people of Liverpool.

Great point. Thanks for pointing that out. 

A bit of light hearted racism is never acceptable. Poking fun at Scousers isn't racism.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 12:29 PM, xylophone said:

Yes, racism has been in football for as long as I can remember, even going back 60 years, although nowhere near what it is today, and I may add that IMO a lot of it is from lower class, mindless thugs, but how do you stop them from watching a game of football??

Which players were getting racial abuse 60 years ago?

45 minutes ago, proton said:

Which players were getting racial abuse 60 years ago?

I was playing in the Athenian/Isthmian League in the 60s and we played against clubs like Leytonstone and others which had black players, and the "monkey" chants were commonplace.

Also Denis Walker, a black player, played for Man Utd in 1963 and this from Pat Crerand, "I remember Dennis very well," Crerand recalled in an interview for Inside United magazine a few years ago. He was a lovely lad and a good player. That he was black didn't make any difference whatsoever to me, it really didn't. I don't remember us talking in the squad about him being the first black player for United, but it was a big issue in English football because, sadly, black players did get abused at matches".

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I was playing in the Athenian/Isthmian League in the 60s and we played against clubs like Leytonstone and others which had black players, and the "monkey" chants were commonplace.

Also Denis Walker, a black player, played for Man Utd in 1963 and this from Pat Crerand, "I remember Dennis very well," Crerand recalled in an interview for Inside United magazine a few years ago. He was a lovely lad and a good player. That he was black didn't make any difference whatsoever to me, it really didn't. I don't remember us talking in the squad about him being the first black player for United, but it was a big issue in English football because, sadly, black players did get abused at matches".

Denis Walker was Iranian not black, although it's claimed he was by ignorant fellow footballers, he did not claim to be himself. He was a farsi speaking man of Iranian heritage. If you cannot take a bit of chanting you should not really bother playing.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

A bit of light hearted racism is never acceptable. Poking fun at Scousers isn't racism.

It isn't racist to tease a cult hero about his choice of meat.

Just like teasing a Scotsman about eating haggis in Scotland isn't racist against the Caucasian race.

You'd cry racist if someone asked their Irish pal if he wanted a pint of Guinness ????

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, proton said:

but it was a big issue in English football because, sadly, black players did get abused at matches".

Did you miss this bit?? 

Whatever he was, Paddy Crerand's statement about "black players getting abused at matches" still holds true, and I saw it in the Leagues in which I played, and as for your statement, "If you cannot take a bit of chanting you should not really bother playing", well, that is absolutely reprehensible.

• Thanks 1

Paddy? well that was a bit racist anyway and dim wit Paddy was wrong when mentioning Denis Walker, he was not black and never claimed to be. Welsh, Scots and Irish players had banter directed at them, but never cried about it. Vardy has the crowd slagging off his wife, as did Beckham, all good natured and part of the game. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, proton said:

Paddy? well that was a bit racist anyway and dim wit Paddy was wrong when mentioning Denis Walker, he was not black and never claimed to be. Welsh, Scots and Irish players had banter directed at them, but never cried about it. Vardy has the crowd slagging off his wife, as did Beckham, all good natured and part of the game. 

Just to enlighten you, although I doubt that it will sink in: –

"Dennis Walker: Manchester United's first and only black Busby Babe" was a headline in the Guardian newspaper and Dennis’s father was Iranian, of African heritage.

You have to have a warped sense of sportsmanship if you really believe that the crowd shouting out obscenities about a player's family is "all good natured and part of the game".

Never heard anything like it, but it does say a lot about you.

11 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Just to enlighten you, although I doubt that it will sink in: –

"Dennis Walker: Manchester United's first and only black Busby Babe" was a headline in the Guardian newspaper and Dennis’s father was Iranian, of African heritage.

You have to have a warped sense of sportsmanship if you really believe that the crowd shouting out obscenities about a player's family is "all good natured and part of the game".

Never heard anything like it, but it does say a lot about you.

You are going back 60 years .

Dennis Walker played 1 game for Man U in 1963 and that was it . 60 years ago .

Football has changed a lot in 60 years and his Parents were Irish, Iranian/Argentinian ,