Tottenham condemn 'utterly reprehensible' racist abuse aimed at forward Son Heung-min

Social Media

17 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are going back 60 years .

Dennis Walker played 1 game for Man U in 1963 and that was it . 60 years ago .

Football has changed a lot in 60 years and his Parents were Irish, Iranian/Argentinian , 

This isn't about one player, as I mentioned in another of my posts because in the leagues in which I played, racism was pretty rife and I was asked by another poster who seemed to think that racism was okay in football because it was all part of the game, if I could mention a player in the 60s who was racially taunted, so I did. 

And for the record, Pat Crerand confirmed that racially taunting players of colour back then was, "a big issue in English football because, sadly, black players did get abused at matches" which I have also included in my previous post.

Quite why that poster wanted that information, I have no idea, but I will state again that racism has been present in the English game for as long as I can recall, and despite what that poster said, it is not "all part of the game".

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

This isn't about one player, as I mentioned in another of my posts because in the leagues in which I played, racism was pretty rife and I was asked by another poster who seemed to think that racism was okay in football because it was all part of the game, if I could mention a player in the 60s who was racially taunted, so I did. 

And for the record, Pat Crerand confirmed that racially taunting players of colour back then was, "a big issue in English football because, sadly, black players did get abused at matches" which I have also included in my previous post.

Quite why that poster wanted that information, I have no idea, but I will state again that racism has been present in the English game for as long as I can recall, and despite what that poster said, it is not "all part of the game".

It was quite prevalent in the 1970's and its practically non existent these days .