BREAKING Biden arrives in Kyiv

onthedarkside

21 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Your point?

On one hand the right are saying he has better things to do at home and now suggesting he's late to visit Kyiv. You can't make this stuff up.

If Ukraine is so important then it took almost a year to visit Kyiv while just about every other prominent leader had the time to visit.  One of the first things Rishi Sunak did after becoming Prime Minister of Great Britain was to visit Kyiv.  If Biden was so busy with domestic issue then why not send the Vice President?  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The US is the leader of the west.

Biden is the most important leader by far.

Largest economy and military.

The risk of assassination on such a trip.is high

A US president being killed in Ukraine would have been world changing.

Also the timing after one year of the war and upstagimg Putin's big speech soon was perfect.

This explains the delay.

If you just hate Biden and or the US then enjoy that.

So you know I hate POTUS?  

‘Also, “risk of assassination is high”?  Yes but this risk was minimized the day before this visit”

The U.S. notified Russia of President Biden's secret visit to Ukraine hours before his departure in an attempt to avoid sparking conflict when he was in Kyiv, national security adviser Jake Sullivan told reporters Monday. 

This could not have been done last year?  

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I am not sure if he'll run. He must feel his age sometimes and 4 more years would be tough. Can leave a clear winner and help set up a new candidate. Family, friends, party may be subtley suggesting the latter.

If he does run I think he'll have other serious contenders. This time he won't be the dark horse coming from behind so Democrat competitors can have a clear plan of attack. If he is up to it then good on him.

No you don’t get it.

He is running and the nomination will be a cake walk.

6 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I do. Let's be honest he has a been a good president, his mind in the bigger picture appears to be  intact, but he struggles to communicate and enthuse.  Watching interviews is often a squirmfest.  

These concerns are likely held even more strongly by the general populace who would be extremely reticent to vote in an 82 year old president. Enthusiasm was muted in 2020,  I see even less now for 2024, even in his supporters on CNN and such. See it from the point of view of a 20 year old student, a 35 year old business executive, a 45 year old tradesman. 

I admit right now there is not a clear competitor but I think it will not take a lot for a half decent centrist Democrat to seem like a better alternative. 

Hopefully he'll get the picture and leave on a high.  

I don’t know if you're American or not but any American with even elementary knowledge of American presidential politics would understand that when Biden runs for reelection not even one competitive democratic candidate will oppose him.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don’t know if you're American or not but any American with even elementary knowledge of American presidential politics would understand that when Biden runs for reelection not even one competitive democratic candidate will oppose him.

That might normally be the case but these are not normal circumstances. This is unprecedented. He's not Bill Clinton in 96 or Obama in 12. There is a constant question mark hanging over him. He'll be 82 and he's struggling now. Come on man. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Every candidate has liabilities. 

Old age is nothing new.

It didn't stop Reagan and he had Alzheimers while in office.

I get it that you don't want him.

What's most important is to beat the fascist party and Biden as the incumbent has the best chance of that.

Enthusiasm is not required.

270 electoral votes are 

There is  no one else in the Democratic camp who as a chance of beating the far right neo nazi fascists ?

Only Joe Biden can win against them ?

Why aren't the Democrats providing better alternatives