Russians 'fleeing' to Thailand to escape war, airfare price-gouging : Tim Newton Today - Feb 27

webfact

Russia may actually collapse as a result of the Russia Ukraine war. Russia is in a very bad position and may not survive as a nation.

Putin, has acknowledged that Russia may breakup in the future, as reported by TASS on Feb. 26. Putin's interview with Rossiya 1 TV is the first time that Putin has publicly commented on the potential disintegration of Russia.

I can provide a link to the article, but I am not sure it is legal to post it here. You can google "putin russia collapse" and find lots of articles.

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Russians now forcing out the locals who can't afford to live on their own native island. Just like what the Chinese did in Cambodia.

And this differs how from the Europeans, Americans, Canadians, and Australians who came before and are still coming?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

And this differs how from the Europeans, Americans, Canadians, and Australians who came before and are still coming?

Should be clear enough. Those people you mention came and the locals were able to remain. Now, they're being forced to leave because they can't afford it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

The few that have fled can never go back because they will be arrested. It's true some have fled but not that many and certainly not ones like the pretty girls in this article.

What visa would they get in Thailand if they are young enough to be conscripted?  they would only get tourists visas then where will they go?  it's nonsense.

What visa would they get in Thailand if they are young enough to be conscripted?

An upper age limit of 40 was scrapped, leaving no formal maximum age of enlistment in the mobilization for Ukraine

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

Should be clear enough. Those people you mention came and the locals were able to remain. Now, they're being forced to leave because they can't afford it.

Really? You mean they're all living in their modest little houses near the beach? In addition do you think most of the Thais living in village kilometers away were mostly locals? More foreigners moving in means more opportunities for Thais to find work.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Really? You mean they're all living in their modest little houses near the beach? In addition do you think most of the Thais living in village kilometers away were mostly locals? More foreigners moving in means more opportunities for Thais to find work.

Do you try to disagree just to be disagreeable. Listen to the damn broadcast. He says Thais are now unable to live on their native island. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What visa would they get in Thailand if they are young enough to be conscripted?

An upper age limit of 40 was scrapped, leaving no formal maximum age of enlistment in the mobilization for Ukraine

Ok good point but where is the evidence that Russians over 50 are 'fleeing' to get retirement visas here?  there is no data to support this, so far,  just noise. The photos with the articles are 20 or 30 somethings.

• Sad 1

Just now, BobBKK said:

Ok good point but where is the evidence that Russians over 50 are 'fleeing' to get retirement visas here?  there is no data to support this, so far,  just noise. The photos with the articles are 20 or 30 somethings.

They are buying property, you know that, many are staying long term, those with children who put them in school here get new non immigrant O visa as guardian. Those without get ED visa's or Elite Visa's.

International schools are booming with Russian students

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

Russia may actually collapse as a result of the Russia Ukraine war. Russia is in a very bad position and may not survive as a nation.

Putin, has acknowledged that Russia may breakup in the future, as reported by TASS on Feb. 26. Putin's interview with Rossiya 1 TV is the first time that Putin has publicly commented on the potential disintegration of Russia.

I can provide a link to the article, but I am not sure it is legal to post it here. You can google "putin russia collapse" and find lots of articles.

They might but more definite is a major degradation of Russia for a generation or two. 

Young Russians fleeing that are smart cookies but not all will succeed in finding a new residence country. Such Russians are usually actively country shopping. Their choices are limited. Thailand can serve for most as a first stop.

BTW it would be destabilizing for the world if Russia splits up. Some new countries would have nukes and won't be willing to give them up knowing what happened to Ukraine after Ukraine gave theirs up.

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Fleeing to Thailand - so funny. They are coming on holiday as they always have. There is no war on Russian soil - fleeing from what? 

Fleeing call up to the military.

I've never seen so many Russians on my recent visit to Pattaya.

I'd never thought I'd say this.   "Give me Chinese tourists over Russians anytime!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Neither - it is a fact - something you know little about obviously. If they are draft dodgers they can never return to Russia - fleeing what? you have not seen the huge rallies in Russia supporting the campaign because no one reports them. Did you know there have been huge rallies in France and Germany this weekend - no because YOU are uninformed not me.

You denied that there were any Russians here except on holidays.

9 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Fleeing to Thailand - so funny. They are coming on holiday as they always have. There is no war on Russian soil - fleeing from what? 

Anglophone propaganda and making things up.

The usual.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Stop lying.

The video was posted 5 months ago, what month was 5 months ago can you guess? Nowhere i mentioned that draft dodgers does not exist, my point was that russian tourists which you see here right now have nothing to do with draft dodging. If it was a thing you would notice disproportional ratio of men to women at minimum which is not a thing, and draft ended in november, there are no more draft papers being distributed since.

Edited by ArturGorbachev
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ArturGorbachev said:

it was a thing 5 months ago and has nothing to do with today amount of russian tourists in thailand.

You're wrong.

People are still being conscripted in Russia and there is fear of future larger mobilizations.

Also many younger people see no decent future in Russia as their fascist dictator's war of choice has degraded Russia for generations  Smart people don't want to live in a pariah state that may lock their borders at any time.

Maybe try to sell your pack of lies to Z zombies. It won't wash here.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1