BOI Seeks Private Businesses to Promote LTR Visa Program

snoop1130

44 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I bring over to Thailand via wise about 60,000 baht a month - or 720,000 a year. You would think that they would come up with some form of valid 10 years visa for family men that are using over seven million in 10 years in Thailand.

They are aiming too high and at the wrong people.

Should this surprise you, knowing how they historically do things. 

Clusterphuck comes to mind.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, itsari said:

Perhaps Thailand should look at  how Toyota makes more money than Mercedes Benz 

They want less people spending more not more spending less.. 

All the nice perks are for the wealthy or high earners.. So it will always be. 60k a month is mia noi salary to those who make these decisions. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The problem with it is the design. Because the work from Thailand remote criteria is so badly drawn up and ignores modern cross-border employment standards, you're effectively left with retirement and straight-out buy property investors in the main. So it actively encourages that, rather than people who would make their homes whilst working here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

You're forgetting to mention the requirements. Wasn't it like 1 million USD in assets and earning 80k/year for a company grossing some huge amount of money? People that are considering leaving everything to move to SE Asia don't have that kind of money and thus they only got 2800 applicants, just as many of us predicated. 

Nope, for my LTRWP visa i just had to show I had an annual pension of 80k USD or more, as well as a Health Insurance policy which met the requirements.  After they reviewed my documents I was approved and had the LTR-P, or wealthy pensioner Visa.  I was verified and approved and only then did I pay my 50K Thb for the visa when I was stamped into my passport.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Nope, for my LTRWP visa i just had to show I had an annual pension of 80k USD or more, as well as a Health Insurance policy which met the requirements.  After they reviewed my documents I was approved and had the LTR-P, or wealthy pensioner Visa.  I was verified and approved and only then did I pay my 50K Thb for the visa when I was stamped into my passport.

With your pension you could afford to live in most places in the world so you're in a tiny minority right?

I think there was a steep gross revenue requirement and number of employees for businesses. Not even 200k THB/month income is enough for these people, they want the company to be large also.

Anyways the point still stands, this visa wasn't targeted at people who actually can or are willing to live in Thailand and it failed accordingly. The people writing these laws don't live in the real Thailand and so they have no idea what they're actually selling and how to price it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

With your pension you could afford to live in most places in the world so you're in a tiny minority right?

I think there was a steep gross revenue requirement and number of employees for businesses. Not even 200k THB/month income is enough for these people, they want the company to be large also.

Anyways the point still stands, this visa wasn't targeted at people who actually can or are willing to live in Thailand and it failed accordingly. The people writing these laws don't live in the real Thailand and so they have no idea what they're actually selling and how to price it.

Failed is a big word. I might be in the minority as far as my monetary value, yet there are many like me who live in Thailand and travel. Why buy an Elite Visa when this one does the job at a fraction of the cost, and with the savings gives more to spend in the country and elsewhere.  For those that can afford the visa or who don't work for a bigger company with the assets then there are other visas.  Folks like you are never happy when they roll out something which you are not able to obtain and then you call it a failure. True they may never reach the Intended goal but so be it. The Thai Elite Visa did not gain the traction they thought it would and neither did the SMART Visa, yet people still have them.

The LTR visa has 5 different categories and so saying that the "visa wasn't targeted at people who actually can or are willing to live in Thailand and it failed accordingly"  as you posted is incorrect.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1