Can anyone tell me how to make a consumer complaint about a Thai Company?

Negita43

6 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Exactly the same world as you.  I check out companies I deal with and if their customer service doesn't suit me, I don't deal with them.

But more and more we either accept these 'Apps' or are put at a disadvantage.  You may be happy for all your banking and other personal stuff to be on a small device that you carry around everywhere, with the associated risks that carries - some of us are not.

Yes. The world changes. Deal with it or be a dinosaur, like the ladies say, "up to you" ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, ArnieP said:

And look what happened to them.

And you'll live forever I suppose?

Believe it or not, there is a growing number of people who are rejecting technology for various reasons, granted they are very much in the minority but the numbers are growing.

My objections are the imposition of tech and environmental. 

Imposition: Where there is no alternative or any alternative puts a person at a disadvantage.

Environmental:  Have you any idea just how much electricity the internet and its various servers use?  Its on of the main reasons that despite significant improvements in efficiency, cleaner vehicles and regulations limiting industrial emissions etc. etc........the world is actually emmiting more harmful gases than it was 20 years ago.

I'm an internet user and I embraced technology to a point but now its just gone ridiculous, bigger faster better......so we are told.  Even my 33 year old daughter commented to me a few months ago that she thought tech has gone too far.

On a subject that I have some knowledge of that sort of explains/supports what she said. I can remember a time when cars were unreliable and difficult to start in cold weather.  Slowy things got better and in more recent times cars and their components are computer controlled - for want of a better word.  In my opinion the pinnacle of that was around 2000.  Since then it seems that tech has been added for tech's sake.  Not only that but some of this high tech stuff costs a fortune when it fails.

Take for example the proliference of cars that are fitted with an electronically operated handbrake.  I'm an ex mechanic and a driver - in my working life in the business, I can't ever remember having problems with the operating system of a handbrake - the lever.  The electronic equivalent of a handbrake lever by contrast is proving very unreliable and can cost a small fortune to replace.

The OP doesn't wish to install an app on his phone for security reasons, he may, like me have environmental objections too.  It seems that he was not required to have this 'app' when he made a purchase but is now having it imposed on him in order to obtain a refund.

My bank is slowly reducing the number of things I can do on online banking and transferring them over to its app based banking system.  Apart from continually having to buy bigger, better phones with ever increasing amounts of memory, I'd suggest that walking around with a device that virtually controls your life, may not be the best idea. The damage that could be done should your 'loaded' smartphone fall into the wrongs hands doesn't bear thinking about.

The OP and the rest of us that don't want 'apps' on our phones should still be able complete transactions and obtain refunds etc. via more traditional routes.

Here endeth the rant ????

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks everybody I can see I have stirred up a hornets nest of the "I love simplicity not security brigade" - and I agree with those who say our choices are being taken away from us and we should all be concerned about that whether we like or dislike apps on phones.

As Lord Acton once said "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance".

That's why I don't "go with the flow" or roll over easy just because the "crowd" thinks I should.

In my original post I asked a specific information (which someone gave me - thank you) not attacks on how I choose to live my life but then again I guess those who think I should be the same as them will never accept that.

That's my last word on the matter.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Negita43 said:

Thanks everybody I can see I have stirred up a hornets nest of the "I love simplicity not security brigade" - and I agree with those who say our choices are being taken away from us and we should all be concerned about that whether we like or dislike apps on phones.

As Lord Acton once said "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance".

That's why I don't "go with the flow" or roll over easy just because the "crowd" thinks I should.

In my original post I asked a specific information (which someone gave me - thank you) not attacks on how I choose to live my life but then again I guess those who think I should be the same as them will never accept that.

That's my last word on the matter.

that's a bit contradictory, above you claim " That's why I don't "go with the flow"  not attacks on how I choose to live my life"......  if that's the case why the heck did you came to AsianNow asking for advise/ advice

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Myran said:

Had this issue myself. In my case, I refused to use any communication method that relies on electricity (it's DANGEROUS!), and they were adamant in not accepting my smoke signals. Needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper. I ended up taping a letter to my dog and giving him specific instructions to bring it to the president of Lazada, but that was four months ago and I haven't seen him since.

How utterly ridiculous. Morse code uses electrickery and it works fine for me.

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2023 at 4:26 PM, Negita43 said:

1. I don't have the APP - they are not secure. (and please don't start a tirade about APPS  - it's my choice and I don't critisize your choice to use one).

2. I have been talking on the phone and by email with Lazada for over a month without any progress. They keep saying the money is being sent in 3 to 5 days but it NEVER happens so doing anything via Lazada will get me nowhere.

1. But they have your passport page on Lazada wallet.....:stoner:

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Soundly put. Such contrarian notes would be considered almost heretic and most certainly not comprehended by most - who have all been dumbed down toward such forced dependency. 

In the end, the winners will be the old school types. 

You mean those driving Ford Anglias and paying 2/11 for a gallon in £.s.d   555

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fdsa said:

then don't be surprised when your insurance premium would increase after your bank app will sell your history of purchases in pharmacies and wine stores to your insurance company.

I think not. Are you suggesting that Asean Now app sells details of posts to such companies.555

And in my case, I pay for meds in cash, make my own vino, and do not have insurance.

Edited by KannikaP

23 minutes ago, wangotango said:

Me neither, they can hack all they want ????

I think the point of contention here is that you, like most people, don't understand that hacking isn't the primary concern. While it can obviously be a concern when it comes to access to your accounts or any confidential information contained in those accounts, the primary issue is with data being sold with nearly no ability to effectively regulate the sale. It only will only take one company/organization/person purchasing your "file" from any of the countless data brokers out there to make you reconsider what data is "worth" keeping private.

48 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I think not. Are you suggesting that Asean Now app sells details of posts to such companies.555

Asean Now doesn't have to. They, just like most websites, have 3rd parties collecting and selling this data in exchange for services they provide. This website is loading scripts and cookies from facebook, google, microsoft, anymind, cloudflare. If they have an app, it may have scripts and cookies from these companies and/or other 3rd parties.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2023 at 9:31 AM, Negita43 said:

Can anyone tell me how to go about this?

If a seller does not deliver the product you paid for with a card then the next step is to open a dispute with your bank so they can issue a chargeback. This will make the bank forcefully retake the money from Lazada and on top Lazada will get a chargeback fine from the card network. They *really* don't like these. Provide proof to the bank and they will side with you.

9 hours ago, eisfeld said:

If a seller does not deliver the product you paid for with a card then the next step is to open a dispute with your bank so they can issue a chargeback. This will make the bank forcefully retake the money from Lazada and on top Lazada will get a chargeback fine from the card network. They *really* don't like these. Provide proof to the bank and they will side with you.

Do chargebacks happen in Thailand?

On 3/2/2023 at 6:04 PM, KannikaP said:

simply that I DO NOT LIKE OR TRUST THEM. Come on give the reasons.

Yeah how does NO sound.

I see how this game works, I give my reasons then you attack me because I go against what you like/dislike.

Iam not playing that game with you or any other forum member on this subject.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1