Why not yet?

I can see the future discoverer of Time Travel trying to pass the message back.

”They need to have electronics and semiconductors already , to build it.  The scientists in the sixties are all zonked on weed and can’t build anything but Apollo fireworks. The 70s are too Cold War- they’d go back and murder Lenin; The …..”

34 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

If time is single stranded then by sending it back they would change their existence, since how could they invent something that already existed. If time is multi-stranded, then they could only send it back to a time strand they don't exist on, so if someone on the strand that we are on invents it, we would never see it.

The Grandfather Paradox.

The Butterfly Effect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Have you tried contacting Dr Who? Maybe you can borrow the Tardis! ????

Well I rang him, he said "sorry but I don't have the Time" then the line started to make a strange unearthly sound so I hung up :giggle:

Edited by brianthainess

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Well I rang him, he said "sorry but I don't have the Time" :giggle:

Careful, in this PC world the Dr could be female, trans, gay or non binary, whatever that is! 

Edited by 2baht

If time travel was invented, I think it would be highly regulated.  It might be the case that it would be invented then instantly banned.

Even travelling back in time to do something "good", could completely change things to be much worse, and in a way that means there is no way to change it back.

8 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

If time travel was invented, I think it would be highly regulated.  It might be the case that it would be invented then instantly banned.

Even travelling back in time to do something "good", could completely change things to be much worse, and in a way that means there is no way to change it back.

Not necessarily. If one was really clever, there would be a manner in which to correct the original wrongdoing change by traveling into the future first.....and then traveling to the present, doing whatever you have to do by preventing oneself from travelling back with the initial intent. Therefore, nothing's lost.

Win-win for all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

If time is single stranded then by sending it back they would change their existence, since how could they invent something that already existed. If time is multi-stranded, then they could only send it back to a time strand they don't exist on, so if someone on the strand that we are on invents it, we would never see it.

The Morphail effect, as used in Michael Moorcock's Multiverse books...

10 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Not necessarily. If one was really clever, there would be a manner in which to correct the original wrongdoing change by traveling into the future first.....and then traveling to the present, doing whatever you have to do by preventing oneself from travelling back with the initial intent. Therefore, nothing's lost.

Win-win for all. 

Go for it -,In a big way! Only Hannibal might complain… 

11 hours ago, 2baht said:

Careful, in this PC world the Dr could be female, trans, gay or non binary, whatever that is! 

For all I know, William Hartnell was a  shirt-lifter.  That is his business, not mine.

On 3/4/2023 at 10:33 PM, StreetCowboy said:

Surely it would be the easiest thing in the world, having invented a time machine, to go back and pass the plans to one’s predecessors. So why have we not invented time machines?

My guess is that mankind did not survive long enough to invent a time machine.

On 3/5/2023 at 7:44 PM, StreetCowboy said:

Book binders and bookmakers are not the same

So why mention bookmakers, they make odds and take bets. A book binder took the lose pages and glued them into hard covers, too make a book, That is not a bookmaker. before machines took over the job, (part of the UK printers union). That was My dads job on my birth certificate.

Edited by brianthainess