Russian Woman Survives Motorcycle Crash in Pattaya, Refuses Medical Assistance

webfact

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

It's holiday weekend. Pattaya roads are snarled up.  Took 20 minutes to get from Suk to Railway road road at Kao Talo.  Guess how many police I saw all weekend?

I did better as I head North.... Suk 36/1 then onto the motorway flyover and down to the Railway Line Bypass Rd. Bit of a snarl up at the Water Works junction and the completely ignored yellow boxes. Sometimes get police on traffic duty  at that junction, but thankfully not, as they make things worse. 

Edited by jacko45k

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Probably more worried about the bill, I bet the Russians all know a visit to BHP can cost the earth.

And the favored GoFundMe solution, with a claim of not having read the fine print, wouldn't work.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

She should have been charged with drunk driving if indeed intoxicated as appeared... could have hit some other person or innocent kid. 

Perhaps the cops figured she'd been punished enough and would remember this lesson. We'd like to see more, however.

Edited by BigStar

3 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Lana is short for Svetlana

In russian the short name for Svetlana is Sveta, never heard about anyone make it sound as Lana, plus there is also another name Ruslana. I think Lana is just Lana.

Edited by ArturGorbachev

23 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

If they bring her to one of the private hospitals she might be bankrupt afterwards. I understand her,

Private hospital - yes, without insurance it could be too expensive for her. 

But government city hospital in Soi Buakhao is rather cheap, Probably she doesn't know it. 

I think a couple or three hundred baht for injuries treatment, bandaging if necessary and some medicine pills. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Operator2002 said:

Private hospital - yes, without insurance it could be too expensive for her. 

But government city hospital in Soi Buakhao is rather cheap, Probably she doesn't know it. 

I think a couple or three hundred baht for injuries treatment, bandaging if necessary and some medicine pills. 

Yes, it might be cheaper but not that cheap. Don't expect Thai prices for foreigners just because it is a government hospital. The government approved special price lists for foreigners some years ago. Best is to always ask before as far as possible to avoid big surprises afterwards.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 8:49 AM, jacko45k said:

I did better as I head North.... Suk 36/1 then onto the motorway flyover and down to the Railway Line Bypass Rd. Bit of a snarl up at the Water Works junction and the completely ignored yellow boxes. Sometimes get police on traffic duty  at that junction, but thankfully not, as they make things worse. 

Atrocious at 2am?

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

For her sake, hope she goes to decent clinic or regular hospital. She could have head injuries that aren't immeadiately apparent but can be deadly. "Natasha Richardson, who died after hitting her head during a skiing lesson at a resort in Québec, Canada in 2009. Richardson, who was 45 at the time, reportedly initially declined medical treatment following the fall."

hmm ...

... don't go to hospital ... get vilified

... go to hospital, get bill, start 'Go Fund' be vilified

... no police out & about ... very bad

... police check points = harassments

... Russian = criminal

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 3/6/2023 at 6:20 AM, Mickeymaus said:

If they bring her to one of the private hospitals she might be bankrupt afterwards. I understand her,

Exactly that.

Foreigner picked up on the road will be rushed to Bangkok Pattaya hospital.

Brings the best commission.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dogsredrocket said:

Middle aged woman out by herself at 2 am and drink driving. Quality Tourist.

DUI was not confirmed, and what would be the difference if man or woman out at 2 AM ?

Who cares the why ?  I've been out at 2 am, especially if at the beach, and behaving myself.  Not everyone out at 2 am is a drunk, hooker or customer of.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1